Power Creep, Stat Crushing, and CR Relevancy

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BumblingB, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Wallachia Devoted Player

I have read all your post and respectfully disagree with your suggestions. However, as everyone else already said what I wanted to say, it would be just redundant to explain myself. With this, I can focus on something equally relevant:

WHY DO PEOPLE QUOTE BIG POSTS JUST TO ANSWER WITH ONE SHORT SENTENCE?
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  2. BumblingB I got better.

I don't know, same for including images and videos that just clutter the conversation.

I'm at least curious to know if it's the artifacts one that got you too, as that seems to be the only reply that I got in this thread. I since would love to retract it, but I can't edit my original post.
  3. Dragon Power Well-Known Player

I want to stomp older content as quickly as possible. If these changes hinder that and increase my TIME in old content compared to how it is now, then I'm not for them. The main reason being that there's a MASSIVE MASSIVE amount of feats in this game, and I don't want to struggle or have a challenge in old content trying to get them. Also, the fact that I can stomp older content for feats is effectively an incentive in itself. But I'd much rather have the loot system be revamped and have all enemies (not just bosses and mission rewards) drop greens, r&d items, base items, cosmetics, cash, etc as the main incentive to revisiting old content, but that's another topic for another day.
    • Like x 1
  4. BumblingB I got better.

You would still be able to stomp older content, just not immediate older content since the stats within a tier would be close together. Similar to how it was before T4 was introduced.
  5. Dragon Power Well-Known Player

I want to get what I'm doing done as quickly as possible though, even if it's the previously released episode, due to the feat progression grind. So, for example, now that we have/getting Legion, after I'm geared up a little with the new Legion gear and feat SP, I'll be going back to Wonderverse content to get feats that I missed. The Wonderverse content should be way easier now then before and I don't want my time in there increased in any way if things were changed compared to what we have now. Even if it's just a small change to what we have now, doesn't matter because time adds up over multiple grind sessions. I wouldn't be for it because I have other games to play, stuff to do in real life, and just the principle.
    • Like x 1
  6. BumblingB I got better.

Your reasoning is not wrong and is perpetuated by how the game is developing. Which is part of the reason for my proposal. If the tiers were closer together, there would be more to do within the tier itself. So the devs don't have to add counter feats to essentially keep you active in game, because that's essentially what it's for. It's also the reason why they add feats and content 2/3rds of the way into the DLC. To bring you back.

More content to play is all most players ask and it's became a little more apparent with the DLC that is releasing today. New and old player alike, they look at the fact it has only an open world system, alert, and raid as being lacking for a DLC. With tiers being closer together, it wouldn't be a big issue as you could still crunch wonderverse content or BoP. Yes, you wouldn't get the current DLC's currency, but unless you replay, it would be the same. And lets face it, if you were going to replay a single content, you are doing it regardless of how much content you have access to.
  7. Dragon Power Well-Known Player

I'll keep that in mind. But as things are now, If I'm not grinding within the newest released episode content, then I just go for the least amount of time that I have to in old content, doesn't matter how old it is to me. I don't agree with the padding of content with feats. If there were other, more enjoyable, incentives to revisiting old content (I've mentioned one alternative, loot drop revamp), then I would value my time spent there more. But right now, not even a second longer then I have to. Time adds up.
    • Like x 1
  8. thedemonocus Loyal Player

same here
  9. BumblingB I got better.

Most likely you are in the same camp that most players are in. They grind the new and never look back. Which is not good for the longevity of this game. Then add on the CR skips, it makes it more difficult to bring up players meaningfully.

Anyways, I understand your point and I appreciate your input. And your reasoning is definitely not wrong.
    • Like x 1