Why Isn't All Content Scaled Like Events?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheUnderking, Nov 2, 2020.

1. TheUnderking New Player

Seems like it wouldn't hurt anyone...
    • Like x 1
  2. Marek Committed Player

It's been pretty well established on here that most people, (myself included) would hate being nerfed into oblivion. Personally I hate stat clamping. I would rather have the option to scale the content up than scale everyone down to meet it.
    • Like x 10
  3. TheUnderking New Player

I see, well, what about how the events do it now- where it only scales upward? Like the open worlds stay whatever CR level they are- but lower CR can go in and be boosted to fit?
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

That's been suggested before. I don't believe they have the time/labor to recreate a scaled up/down version of past content. That would interfere with the time they spend working on future content.
    • Like x 4
  5. TheUnderking New Player

Gotcha, dang. =/

Edit: The 1-30 experience was so nice, I just wasn't expecting the content to shift as it has. I thought that leveling up CR would be similar just in different open world scenarios/episodes.
    • Like x 1
  6. BumblingB I got better.

The only content that they could efficiently implement it, would be from AF3 onward. All content below T6 would have to be manually adjusted and then tested for imbalances. T6 through end of Monthly content would require damage passes. All this would take a significant amount of time.

It's a lot different than stat clamping, as they adjust your items "up" to the entry level CR.

I'm for this, if they could effectively do it, would help alleviate CR Relevancy, but I'm also aware of the problem I pointed out above. So I don't see it happening any time soon or at all.
    • Like x 1
  7. Proxystar #Perception

- stat clamping players is in my opinion a terrible option it simply renders all player progression futile not to mention the game itself is quite fundamentally built with our progression in mind where players can come back to content later when more powerful if need be, clamping players would remove that ability and fundamentally change the way player progression works.

- scaling players up throughout the entire game would also be a mistake because this also undermines progression, why level up at all if you can just constantly be scaled up, the reason event modes exist within the most recent DLC is to encourage participation within whatever is most current and it also increases revenue when people are playing what's most relevant and this moves.

- I do however think they should periodically run events of other content that is limited both in scope and nature, for example we could have a month long FOS event where the FOS raids are scaled up and players also get scaled to a minimum CR and you can have exclusive event rewards etc.

There's also the episode spotlight events where the original event instances that existed during release could be reinstated and players scaled up during the course of the event.
  8. Wallachia Devoted Player

Personally, I think that the best idea wouldn't be to clamp or boost the players, but the NPCS.

High CR players enter Khandaq: NPCs get scaled up to their level.

Minimum CR party enter highest CR raid: NPCs get clamped down to their level.
  9. Proxystar #Perception

That's no different than clamping the players, the end result is the same, people have raised that idea before it's equally as bad as stat clamping.
    • Like x 2
  10. the solowing Steadfast Player

Gonna need a compromise, because no-one is gonna get relevant rewards for braindeading content.
  11. Proxystar #Perception

You don't play old content for relevant rewards.

Also as I've said you make scaled events, you leave main game alone.
    • Like x 1
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I have to deal with enough bungling as it is so it would hurt me.
  13. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Idk about you but I and many others constantly run old solo, duos, alerts, raids for the rare goodies for relevant cash amounts to be able to buy stuff off brokers. Not to mention you can get source mark to some degree from raids and alerts.
    • Like x 1
  14. PolarisSylar Committed Player

The reason CR people run old content because of feats .
    The original post suggested scaling but a lot people won't like clamping

@ originalpost, if you worried about a higher CR running through older content because of your lower cr character. What DCUO should have is if we as higher CR & run the content certain amount of times , dcuo give those a " teleporter walkin" so people can solo those raids/ instances, or groups with their types.
    Like that it wont ruin those lower CR experience of gameplay. Then you be running others around your lower CR level.
    ( bad thing is your Ques time waittime might be longer as your lower CR )

I think DCUO should have teleporter walkins for instances
  15. Dragon Power Well-Known Player

There's no need to get all fancy and change or scale the levels of old content, players, and what not. Even if you did that it still doesn't incentivize going into older content. We shouldn't be talking about the structure of the old content, but for what you get out of going in there. There has to be a good and significant REASON to do so, otherwise you're just doing it superficially. IMHO, that means giving the player a reward for going into that old content and the only way to do that is to revamp and improve this game's loot drop system across the board. Wonderverse bounties is a step in the direction I'm looking for, loot shouldn't be just tied to daily lock-outs from bosses, and there should be lower level stuff and other items that drops off regular enemies too. This way, when you walk into old content (however it's structured), and for whatever reason that may be, at least you're getting something out it, with the potential to progress your character in some way, whether it be CR, crafting, broker/cash, cosmetics, or salvaging purposes, etc.
  16. Marek Committed Player

I dont know if it's to difficult or time consuming or what not, but using wonderverse as an example, I would like seeing older content scaled up to current dlc standards as just another way to earn aether. It doesnt have to be limited to just raids, but any older content and even if it's just 1 to 2 pieces a time. It's so easy to get burned out on running the bounties over and over again till you're on auto pilot and sleeping behind the wheel.

I cant even remember the last time I've been in like kahndaq, but it would be a refreshing change of pace being able to run that and collect aether. Again, I dont know the difficulties but it's more of personal wish list to get older content involved in some way.
  17. BitGam4r Well-Known Player

Because it would hurt the game in general. I'd say a majority of people despise stat clamping, which effectively is what you'd be asking for. What would be the point of earning new gear if its just going to get nerfed later on when you enter a lower raid? I DESPISE stat clamping in the seasonal and thats just a seasonal. It was only done because the producer of the game at the time complained that you can't see any of the flashy cool stuff because everything gets annihilated. I wouldn't mind the stat clamped seasonal if their was a option to run it non clamped. Which like other stuff has been requested for years and has fallen on deaf ears.
    • Like x 3
  18. inferno Loyal Player

We already have a rotating instance each week that gives an extra reward. If they were to use that to rotate a solo/duo, alert or raid each week and upscale it to our level and have its rewards updated to give "current marks", I think it would make end-game players play these old content and give them more to do. Our Stats, augments, and artifacts that we worked for aren't diminished in any way.

Couldn't they just write code that identifies the NPC's and Boss' health and damage numbers and boost it accordingly to current CR automatically? I don't know how hard or how much resources it would take. I will say that in certain instances, there are already boss fights that work this way. The 2nd and 3rd boss in Demon's pit, a t7 duo, some of their attacks deal a percentage damage rather than a fixed damage that is capable of killing any end-game players in seconds.

I only suggest this if the current format of newer DLCs will reflect the patchwork and Legion dlc where we get new Open worlds and new bosses and other stuff that takes up a lot of DLC dev resource but results in very few content. This up-scaled content will allow them to keep giving us new stuff in the new dlc and the boosted old content will compensate for the lack of things to do.

Take this new Legion DLC, it looks great, they did a LOT of stuff that I really love in this, the same thing with Patchwork, but we only have 1 daily instance and 1 weekly instance. We still have open world missions but those only takes us 10 minutes. It would be great to have more instances, even if its old, that we can get more Legion coins from.
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

In addition to Proxy's comment about it being the same thing, how do you do this without a complete rework if the group is comprised of a wide swath of CR. If you queue into Dox and the top guy is 320 and the bottom guy is 100, where do the adds come in? Now you could suggest that they scale to the highest member, but now what if that top guy is 320 and the other 7 are in the 100s....it would be a bloodbath...and a lot of work to get there.
    • Like x 1
  20. the solowing Steadfast Player

We have a solution nobody wants, but players want a reason to go back, but cant have relevant rewards for steamrolling. So what can they give players that would reward them for going back but wouldn't cut into their bottom line, but doesn't require periodic additions to the reward table?