Test Discussion Episode 39: Computo's Redistributer HUD Artifact

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Batuba, Oct 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batuba Developer

Hello everyone! This is the thread for reporting bugs and general feedback for the Computo's Redistributer HUD artifact.

Computo's Redistributer HUD

Computo has identified several paths to redistribute lost energy more efficiently. Happy to be of assistance.

Breakthrough Abilities

Rank 80:
    • Redistributor Ray (New Ability): Attack up to 8 targets with fully stored energy from Computo's Energy Condenser. Damage done is a sum of a percentage of your Might and Precision stats combined which is increased for every bar of Energy Condenser filled.
    • Energy Condenser (Rank 1):
      • A Might based damage bar is accumulated for a total of 'x' times your current maximum Might stat.
      • A Precision based damage bar is accumulated for a total of 'x' times your current maximum Precision stat.
    Rank 120:
    • Filling Might or Precision Energy Condenser bars to halfway grants 1% damage increase for each half-filled bar. Filled bars do not grant this bonus.
    Rank 160:
    • Energy Condenser (Rank 2)
      • Supercharge consumption is accumulated for a total of 10,000 supercharge.
    Rank 200:
    • Reduce the amount of damage needed to fill your Energy Condenser bars.
    Recommendations:

This is the first true hybrid play-style artifact that looks for players to play both weapon combos and superpowers. By far the most complex artifact we've made to date, however the best way to approach it is to combine both your weapon attacks and super powers to fill up Energy Condenser (which will display on your screen at your character's feet).

Your new ability "Redistributer Ray" will deal increased damage based on how many bars are filled up, to which you generally want to have at least 2 bars filled for a strong attack. We've also created new tech which allows your ability icon on your tray to glow when you have a bar filled up and ready to fire.
    • Blue for 1 bar filled. (regardless of it being Precision, Might, or Supercharge)
    • Green for 2 bars filled.
    • Yellow for 3 bars filled.
    Pro-tip: Using supercharges that deal damage will fill both your Supercharge and Might bars.

Recommended Artifact Pairings:
    • Transformation Card
    • Strategist Card
    • Grimorium Verum
    • Philosopher's Stone
    • Quislet
    • Scrap of the Soul Cloak
    Thank you!
    Batuba
  2. Batuba Developer

This artifact is currently unavailable on PC Test until early next week.
  3. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Is this due to technical problems or some other reason? I just think that many of us who work but who would like to help with testing are more convenient to do on weekends ...
  4. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Right off the bat I have some questions... Do you only need the artifact installed in order to fill the bars?

Meaning: Can I have one build which does NOT have the Redistributor Ray and still fill the bars? Build up energy, switch load outs and then use the Redistributor Ray. Only to then switch back to another loadout.

"...Damage done is a sum of a percentage of your Might and Precision stats combined..."

So, time to take those extra skill points out of Health and put them in Precision? :D
  5. Fwames Well-Known Player

Can I put it in stealth and can it be casted while in stealth
    • Like x 1
  6. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Technically this should work. But since you can't switch loadouts in combat, this seems rather impractical.

Yes.
  7. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Questions
    1. After you've filled up half a bar, should an entry appear under "Current Effects"?
    2. Should the percent buffs be reflected on the Stat screen?
    3. Is there a timer for using Redistributor Ray? I was noticing the icon on the tray lost its glow after a certain amount of time.
  8. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    From the original post:
    "Blue for 1 bar filled
    Green for 2 bars filled.
    Yellow for 3 bars filled."

I am not seeing this at all.

If I fill up my Might bar, the Redistributor Ray icon becomes a yellow.

If I fill up the Precision and Might bars, the Redistributor Ray icon becomes green.

If I fill up all three bars, the Redistributor Ray icon becomes blue.

Green level is doing more damage than yellow. Blue level is doing more damage than green.
  9. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    With just Void Gazer attacking, I noticed that sometimes my floor-based yellow meter would fill up to the halfway point and then eventually drop.

If I summon the 4 Boos + Void Gazer, my yellow meter would fill up all the way without me doing any attacks.

Is pet damage supposed to contribute to the Precision gauge?
  10. Fwames Well-Known Player

All are done with stealth in the rotation

1. The "bars" are not displaying properly at all whether or not the redistributor ray is in the stealth loadout.
    2. If the bars appear it sometimes disappears and reappears with going in and out of stealth
    3. Damage was not being displayed when using the redistributor ray while in stealth. It does appear in the combat logs tho.
    2. the tray icon doesn't even correspond the right color or sometime doesn't even glow at all

Precision Bar
    1. This bar is wonky to say the least. it fills halfway then goes down and goes full, or just plain goes empty
    2. Doesn't seem to respond well to cross weapon combos when clipped. Although this one is unsure as I've stated that the bar is wonky.

Damage
    1. they all do the same damage regardless of how many bars you've filled up.
    2. almost the same damage as paralyzing dart. doesn't feel special especially when it starts to split
  11. Batuba Developer

The bars have 30 seconds before they empty out. So you have 30 seconds to go from 0 to 50% and then another 30 seconds to go from 50% to 100% of a bar. Once at 100% you have 30 seconds before you lose the bar.
  12. Mystere Well-Known Player

Batuba my tests so far:

1. Grim, Trans, Computo = dps over 30 secs = 54,000

2. Grim, Trans, Strat = dps over 30 secs = 56,000

I ran it multiple times and those were the averages. Also, Strat does its own thing, it doesn't need a spot on your bar, you don't have to watch wonky power bars at your feet etc. IMO if you have trinket that you have to actively manage as a player the reward should be better than a trinket that does everything on its own.

Also, its hard to see the bars under your feet and know when they are full. Consider having the ability in your tray change colors based on the percent of bars filled or add the percent amount/number directly in the ability HUD.

Right now, most people running hybrid already have artis that they are using and have invested in. Based on current state of Computo I don't see any reason to change out or invest in this arti esp since it underperforms and requires active management by the player.
  13. Batuba Developer

You are talking about a 3% difference from a meta artifact based on your numbers. I would hardly call that under-performing. As for the bars under your feet, we unfortunately do not have the capability of doing dynamic FX with our older system.
    • Like x 1
  14. Mystere Well-Known Player

To me if it is doing 3% less than a commonly used DPS artifact, why would I invest in ranking up this artifact to 200? If someone doesn't have their artis level and are considering which one to level, why would they choose the one that is 3% less unless they are willing to sacrifice a little damage for having to add another ability to their bar that they have to actively manage?

Just sharing that in my opinion that this arti isn't very appealing to me for these reasons.
    • Like x 1
  15. Psyfur Well-Known Player

3. Grim, Strat, Computo = dps over 30 secs = ?
    4. Trans, Strat, Computo = dps over 30 secs = ?
  16. KlarkKent Well-Known Player

The green part is great news. The thing Im going to ask is little out of this topic but at the same time connected;
    Can we implemented same tech to Water powerset's "Dehydrate" ability? For example when supercharge bar reaches to 25% make dehydrate glow yellow, when it reaches to 50% make it glow green and for 100% make it glow red.(I didnt mention 75% because in general supercharges 25% 50% or 100%. We can add another glowing color and highlight 75% milestone if possible).

Also it seems Dehydrate not accounting Soul Cloak SC bar bonus but thats for another discussion.
    • Like x 2
  17. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So far it performs quite decent.... when i play full Prec.
    It definitely performs better on AoE but is not too bad for ST either.

As i was testing it with hybrid spec, paired with Brawling WM it was underperforming a lot.
    Tho i was using Heatvision, finisher and a strong single target might ability, the might bar barely filled up in time on single target.

My rotation was: Brawl. Shuriken Storm -> might ability -> Brawl. Shuriken Storm etc.

So this is (besides the combo itself being a WM) the classic Hybrid Playstyle.
    My Prec bar filled almost 3x as fast as my Might bar.

Since you have to use prec damage to fill the Prec bar, you want the strongest prec damage ofc. wich is only achievable with a WM combo. Those do not give power back when specing into hybrid for some reason.

Pets seem to not contribute any form of bar filling wich makes sense but should be changed.
    Pets should contribute to the Might bar imo in order to help with the higher total damage needed to fill it.

Supercharges contributing to boost the Supercharge and Might bar is nice but isn't helping enough with the higher might bar threshold unless you have a SC spam set up in a group.

I am concerned that this artifact gets abused by pure Prec or pure Might players. So in order to keep it a Hybrid Artifact, the damage bonus granted by the bars should be unequal.

Atm each bar gives 40k damage with my current stats. I would switch it up to the 1st bar granting 30k, 2nd bar 50k and 3rd bar 40k.
    That way you are more forced to equal out your damage over both Prec and Might to get the most out of it.

Besides that, the Supercharge bar seem to not show up until its filled - wich makes sense since its not on a timer like the other two. Knowing this is maybe a little extra work to set this bar apart from the other two, i feel like its neccessary.

I also feel like these bars were much better set up in the HuD instead of below your character. Imagine a Water healer using 2x Aoe.... you will barely see these bars unless they shine through objects/animations unfortunately.
    • Like x 2
  18. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

If you’re getting those numbers now and they’re that close, that tells me this art is good, because those numbers will easily be enhanced once more players get their hands on this art
  19. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

That’s a good idea for dehydrate, hopefully it gets implemented
  20. Penryn The Gadgeteer

This is what I'm seeing for Pet Damage:

The 4 Boos are enough to fill up the Precision Bar in ~30 seconds without me doing anything else.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.