Test Discussion Episode 39 - Quislet Artifact

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Batuba, Oct 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheEnquirer Active Player

• Like x 2
  2. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I really want to use Quislet just for the appearance, so I hope he’s worth using!
    • Like x 3
  3. Illumin411 Loyal Player

WHAT IS THE POINT of giving more might than precision??? You’re essentially deeming this a purely might based DPS artifact, in which case, what’s the point of giving precision at all instead of power which is something might DPS’s actually need (especially with growing trend of buff trolls). Either make this an artifact that is equally beneficial for both sides of DPS or make it for one and don’t provide a useless stat. I just don’t get the thinking that went in to this.
    • Like x 1
  4. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Perhaps this is done taking into account the new artifact for the hybrid style of play (if you look at the description of that artifact, it will obviously be that both parameters are needed there)? this is just my guess, maybe the developers have other reasons ...
    • Like x 1
  5. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I’m failing to see how it rewards might based DPS for using more weapon attacks. As for precision DPS, we’re already clipping in as many might powers as we can until the point of it eating in to weapon based damage. And because of that, purely precision based artifacts aren’t even worth considering. So we have to look at artifacts that boost might damage with little to no sacrifice on the prec side since the ratio of weapon damage to might damage would equal a total damage loss if an equal anount of precision is sacrificed for the same amount of might gain (stat wise). So I just don’t see how it’s enticing either side closer towards that middle “hybrid” area. But I’m completely open to being enlightened if I am wrong.

And another thing, if there was a true motivation to offer a true hybrid style of play, they’d off DLC augments that give both like they did in the Titans episode. We’d probably need the skill point tree reworked as well since as of right now, you can only max out one and put 100 in the other. Putting more than 100 but less than 230ish sp into a skill is just pointless because of the way things currently scale. And you’d have to pretty much have the absolute max skill points to get that second stat that high. There are just too many sources of stat boosts that make us choose one or the other for a hybrid style to be viable purely from artifacts.
  6. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    Rank 120:
    • Mega Blast: When you use a Superpower, Quislet has a chance to cast a powerful attack that hits up to 8 targets.
    Does the superpower need to have a damage component in order for Mega Blast to proc?

The wording makes it sound like any superpower should work. So I tried this out on the 3 league hall sparring targets. I used a couple of weapon taps to make the Quislet spawn and enter combat. I spent 4.5 straight minutes spamming Distract, Battle Display, and Defibrillator. During that time, Quislet only used its basic ranged attack. Quislet only used its Mega Blast when I used powers with a damage component.
    • Like x 1
  7. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

The wording could be changed but it would follow that the damage from the superpower would have to register on the target in order to trigger the mega blast. Same concept as superchage regen, you have to damage to target for the regen to register despite hitting a superpower. The only practical superpower that you'd miss the opportunity on would be fortify golem and offering where every other ability a player properly running the artifact would use, would be damaging.
  8. Dogico Loyal Player

They should probably update the language because Source Shard has similar wording yet non damaging powers can refresh Godwave Strength.
  9. Duchesne Jenkins New Player

For short, I call this Dudemancy, its a thing, look it up.

Anyway, here's what I've gathered and the logs that they derive from.

Fire Precision w/o mods in gear, generator or augments - the real test is the PETS, not the player.

316CR Gear from box, no dropped gear.
    Artifacts: Grimorium Verum (200), Source Shard (200), and Quislet (200)
    Brawling/MA Weapon Mastery (not really relevant, but putting it in)

==============================================================

4 minute Parser, without SC Generation & 5000 cost Supercharge
    Loadout: Inferno, Fiery Weapon, Detonate, Godwave, Robot Sidekick, Neo-Venom Boost (SC)
    Fire - Precision - w/o SC Generator & NVB (SC) [4 min]
    Parsed Log Link: https://dcuolog.com/?log=94836ff8

4 minute Parser, with SC Generation & 2500 cost Supercharge
    Loadout: Meteor Strike (SC Gen, PI Setup), Fiery Weapon, Detonate, Godwave, Robot Sidekick, Vacuum Bubble (SC)
    Parsed Log Link: https://dcuolog.com/?log=f9b2d39b

TL;DR Findings/Impressions:
    • Using quick-cast, low cost powers benefits both Source Shard and Quislet.
    • Using low-cost SC (Vacuum Bubble) over mid-cost SC (NVB) triggers heavy damage from Quislet with much higher frequency, thus increases Quislets effective/overall DPS substantially.
    • Multi-targets does not seem to effect overall DPS of Quislet in any meaninful way - roughly, similar.
    • Best Quislet practice: Quick-cast, low-cost ability spam between weapon combos, with as much supercharge usage as possible, makes Quislet roughly equivalent to Robot Sidekick (albeit with Godwave Buff).

Notes:
    • Quislet's Refractal Beam and Mega Blast seem to have their names swapped in the Combat Log.
    • Quislet needs either higher BASE damage, or the percentage chance of Refractal Beam increased substantially; otherwise a pet w/o Artifact requirements will out perform with no effort by the player, whereas Quislet requires a lot of player effort in order to perform just below the efficacy of Robot Sidekick.

Other Logs of note:
    4 minute Parser with SC Generation & Vacuum Bubble on 3 Targets
    https://dcuolog.com/?log=d199dbea

4 minute Parser with SC Generation & Vacuum Bubble on 8 Targets
    https://dcuolog.com/?log=986e8a47
  10. Psyfur Well-Known Player

If you’re not spamming a supercharge, then this artifact isn’t for you because that’s how to get the most out of it.
    • Like x 1
  11. Batuba Developer

Based on feedback, the following changes will be making it to Quislet in the next PC Test build.

• Mega Blast proc chance is now 100% (up from 50%)
    • Reduced the internal cooldown for all ranks of Mega Blast to 5 seconds. (down from 8 seconds)
    • Increased the target split of Mega Blast to 3 targets before splitting damage (up from 2)
    • Rank 160 has been changed.
      • Consuming 5k supercharge releases an AoE attack.
      • Consuming 10k supercharge releases a ST target attack.
      • 2500 Supercharge costs or lower will no longer trigger Refractal Beam.
      • Added 3 second internal cooldown to Refractal Beam.
    • Rank 200 has been changed
      • Mega Blast grants the player 1% supercharge.
    We will continue to monitor and make balance changes to Quislet.
    • Like x 4
  12. Mystere Well-Known Player

Thanks for incorporating our feedback. I will try it again after the change goes through. One question/comment: How did you decide on a 1% super return at 200? One percent sounds like a very little amount for the effort to get this to 200.

13. Batuba Developer

1% grants 100 Supercharge every 5 seconds basically as a permanent passive as long as pet is out and you are attacking. That shaves approximately 40 seconds off the time it takes to get 10k supercharge naturally. This is further enhanced by using scrap of the Soul Cloak.
    • Like x 3
  14. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thats sounds great, but wouldn't it be more beneficial if 50% supers trigger the single target beam and the 100% super the AoE one?
    Since almost all 100% supers are AoE already and most dps use 50% supers for single target.
  15. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I feel like what you just wrote should go into the description. Grant's 1% supercharge sounds like you get a tiny bit on your bar. That's how I'm reading it anyway.
    So now my question is, is there a way to time the special attack to be boosted by godwave? Or is the timing just going to be random on quinslets attack?
  16. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

every 5 seconds when an ability is used. So if you count 5 secs (or optimize your rotation) then you are able to time it now. Its also quite hard to miss the Godwave timeframe due to the 5 second cooldown now.
    • Like x 1
  17. BumblingB I got better.

Hi Batuba,
    Thank you for reviewing our feedback. I'll test this when the update goes live.

Just to make sure I understand this correctly.

Mega Blast is based on regular super powers and at 200 will give an 1% Supercharge Over Time while you attack, correct? Does Mega Blast no longer attack more often then? Will it just be equal to 120?

SC's that cosume only 25% or less are essentially out of the picture for it because of the buff to the damage of Refractal Beam?

I suppose this helps with Supercharge generators being used.
  18. Mystere Well-Known Player

Ah ty... I thought it was a one time flat 1%.

Also, I think you may need to update the original post to reflect the 100% chance for MegaBlast as it still says it has a chance.
  19. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

As soon as you trigger the supercharge Quislet will execute the Refractor Beam will trigger so if you have godwave off cooldown you'll want to hit that power first and then the supercharge so you don't miss the boosted damage on the first couple hits of Refractor beam due to the timing
    • Like x 1
  20. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Could it be possible to just not have this cooldown? I'm more of a fan of using my two 5k SCs one after the other rather than using the 10k SC. Or would it be unbalanced?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.