I want old powerset animations back

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kuno, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Extinction Active Player

Oh devs, I miss the old behavior of Sorcery Transmutation, was so unique, exploding breakable objects (like cars, boxes, etc) and hitting enemies with a lasting effect that hitted new enemies: https://www.facebook.com/1093122459/videos/10223347035959471/ it looked great <3

PS btw I have no idea how to put the video here properly, sorry
  2. BumblingB I got better.

I remember one of the devs going on the record about the weaponizable object on how there were too many issues. I also remember how sorcery was the most notorious of the issues. Clownbox + transmute was amazing when it first worked. This was fixed and it was just fake damage, but I remember trolling the lowbie dueling people by one shotting them with this. They would get so mad, because they wanted to kill lowbies for the duel feats.

Spytle said that they actually wanted more things in the open world, but the limitations were obvious on test. So live didn't get them, like blimps and what not.
  3. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Oh I remember those. I didn't mean spawned objects like that that were related to powers. Sorry, I should have been more specific. I was referring to objects in the environment that are weaponiable. Like cars, debris, boulders etc.

I don't mind losing stuff like transmute. etc. I think the powersets themselves need to be revamped from a concept perspective (not a rebalance).

Yes, but that was super early in development and coming right out of beta. That's why the blimps and helicopters were removed and so on yes. But the game is more stable now and has the resources to do open world stuff like that again. Might still be impossible but, I'd be curious what someone in the environment team had to say on the topic now.
    • Like x 2
  4. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Didnt hard light used to have a wall?
    • Like x 1
  5. BumblingB I got better.

Yeah and it was removed pretty early on. It was not useful and didn't work.
  6. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Why would you want a game to go backwards in its progress? I dont and I love the old school HL days. I wouldnt want them to reroll the game to those times. They've put so much of our time and money into advancing the game.
  7. CharlesQuester Active Player

Ionic Drain used to look like....Hard Light power dump only the hand would stay up in the air and blue electric would shoot out to heal or damage depending on your role.

BumblingB gave the example about Fire (which was SOO cool. my cousin uses Fire and if you had a sheild weapon the move would bounce the shield off the ground)

Fire also had a meteor that dropped onto the Boss/Add that could then be thrown if a Mental player used Telekinesis before it broke.

I believe just able all the original free powers had a 'hyruken' looking move. Now THAT was a slow ***, time wasting move....that was interruptible
  8. BumblingB I got better.

Actually, this was introduced after it got it's AM. Ionic drain was like it was now. They removed this from the heal because of the stats matter remake. It was a sad to lose this, it was cool.
    Hadouken and yeah the cast time was crazy. Them changing it for the am was a bonus.