Test Discussion Episode 39 - Quislet Artifact

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Batuba, Oct 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batuba Developer

Hello everyone! This is the thread for reporting bugs and general feedback for the Quislet artifact.

Quislet

An interdimensional energy being from Teall, the Legion's most animated member just wants to hang out with you!

Breakthrough Abilities

Rank 80:
    • While in combat, Quislet will come to your aid and fight by your side.
    Rank 120:
    • Mega Blast: When you use a Superpower, Quislet has a chance will cast a powerful attack that hits up to 8 targets. (5 second internal cooldown)
    Rank 160:
    • Refractal Beam: When you use a Supercharge, Quislet will release a powerful beam of energy on its primary target. (OLD)
    • **NEW**Refractal Beam: When you use a Supercharge, Quislet will release a powerful attack.
      • Using a 5000 cost supercharge will deal medium damage toward your primary target, hitting to up to 7 additional targets.
      • Using a 10,000 cost supercharge will deal a high damage attack to your primary target.
    Rank 200:
    • Quislet will cast Mega Blast more often. (OLD)
    • **NEW** Mega Blast will grant the player 1% supercharge.
    Recommendations:

This artifact is the perfect addition to your pet build. It reacts to abilities you cast, allowing you some control over some of its larger burst attacks.

Recommended Artifact Pairings:
    • Source Shard
    • Grimorium Verum
    Thank you!
    Batuba

KNOWN ISSUE
    • Have the names of abilities mixed up on the UI. This thread has the correct names.
    • Like x 6
  2. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Ermagerd! Quislet! :D
    • Like x 4
  3. Extinction Active Player

Does anyone know what's the Chance of attack post +120 and it's Cooldown?
  4. TheEnquirer Active Player

Um, so.. My initial thoughts.. I am very underwhelmed by this artifact.

I had made a previous thread about the Pet artifacts and I'm going to take a little from there and re-iterate it here.

Let me state first of all, something needs to be buffed with this artifact.

Quislet's Damage

Single Target & AOE AVERAGE = 1.3k per target, 3.3k with Refractal Beam proc. Source Shard + Refractal Beam = 10k damage
    The Refractal Beam is proccing about once every 10 seconds.

Mega Beam = Mega Beam is netting about 8.5 to 9k damage and ticks about 4-5 times for a total average of 40k to 50k extra damage for every supercharge you use. So the only way to make the most of this is to spam one or two supercharges with a 25% SC cost. With Source Shard + Mega Beam, the damage averages about 27.k damage.

Keep in mind, an artifact such as Strategist Card ticks for about 27k+ and procs much more often. So why even rely on this pet artifact when there's clearly better options.

As I stated previously in my other thread, Source Shard is not pairing as well as it should be with other pet artifacts, pet trinkets, and pet summonings. This is because pets have a slower AI, you have 5 SECONDS to have your pets do the best damage they can while Source Shard is up. Quislet is no exception to this and is not making the most out of the time it has with Source Shard.

I just don't know where we are at, at this point, with the artifacts. 3 Pet specific artifacts and the results are worse than other synergistic playstyles that require only 2 dedicated artifact slots (strategist + transformation cards). I'll be posting some clips shortly, just running the new Elite Alert at the moment.
    • Like x 3
  5. Mystere Well-Known Player

My testing so far

I went Sorc with Grim and Source and I was doing significantly less dmg with Quislet than with Trident. Also, when I used trident I didn’t even call out a 3rd pet.

From what I can tell is that the trident procs hit single target much harder than Quislet single target such that it winds up doing more dmg than Quislet. Remember this doesn’t even include a third pet and the increased rate which I can call a third pet with trident.

Thus, Quislet needs a significant single target and are dmg upgrade to be better than trident. I want to make it worthwhile so that I didnt have to time trinket pets but as of right now it is underperforming.
    • Like x 1
  6. Batuba Developer

Can you clarify what is "trident"?
  7. TheEnquirer Active Player

Dead King's Scepter. Which also procs more often and far more beneficially.
    • Like x 1
  8. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Scepter probably
  9. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

Looks better for Eye of Gemini / Scrap of the Soul Cloak tricks than for pet builds. Obviously we needed more eye/cloak tricks. Please re-consider anything that procs. on SC use.
  10. TheEnquirer Active Player

Ok, so I've tested and recorded Quislet on 3 vs 8 targets. You can see how Quislet works in the different scenarios in this playlist. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEhGQninuamlnQUu0IHDeVY0OCzUJKeDE

Three things I want to note. It seems that Source Shard is meant to give a 200% damage buff to pets for five seconds. So Quislet, doing an average of 1.4k damage should be hitting 4x that amount for 5.6k. In the video however, with the 200% damage buff, he hits for 4.2k Am I doing my math wrong or is this intended?

Secondly, the refractor beam seems to split on 8 targets and hits approximately the regular amount Quislet would do on one add, but spread out between all 8. Is this intended as well?

Lastly, the Refractor beam is hitting quite low on 3 and 8 targets. It hits for about triple the regular attacks, but then on more than 3 targets, splits and hits about the same as it would on one target with just the regular beam's attack. Even with the proc hitting roughly a little less than every ten seconds, the split damage is negating the affect of the proc damage.
    • Like x 1
  11. Dragon Power Well-Known Player

youtube link not working. "invalid parameters"
  12. TheEnquirer Active Player

Try again, sorry. Should be working now. Thanks for letting me know!
  13. Mystere Well-Known Player

Sorry, its the dead kings scepter.
  14. Aspar Agus Well-Known Player

Your math is wrong.

200% buff is 2x bonus, for a total of 3x (base 1x damage + 2x bonus) damage not 4x.

1.4 x 3 = 4.2
    • Like x 1
  15. Dragon Power Well-Known Player

Works now!
  16. TheEnquirer Active Player

Thank you for that. It's a little confusing, I had asked a couple people in discord and this was the loudest answer, I myself am not the best with math. But thank you, appreciate it!
  17. BumblingB I got better.

Impressions, I really love the little thing and it's more tech based themed items. I love the design way more than Grim's hentai monster. Also, it talks and at first, I was like what was that, then I was like oooh, like skeets.

Damage wise... I don't know, kind of underwhelmed. Single target it's doing really well, but the moment things start to split, having other artifacts that do power type damage does way better results. And using Transformation, Grim, and Source does better as a combo of artifacts.
    • Like x 3
  18. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The "Chance on hit" mechanic should stop. It is a nice idea and switches up the classic 1,2,3,4 playstyle for might dps but oh boy is that inconsistent... (The same goes for the cooldown reset on source shard btw.).

This Artifact is meant to synergize perfectly with Source Shard (or not?)
    If so, Quislet needs the stronger ability to be predictable, like: "every 3rd Might ability triggers Mega Blast".
    Just like the Refractal Beam gets triggered whenever you use a Supercharge.

The way its currently set up forces you to play with those boring 0,5 second cooldown abilities and spam them, until your button breaks.
    This is actually even less fun than the 1,2,3,4 classic might rotation.

Also, this pet - like any other - dont benefit from any buff.
    This Artifact with any Artifact combo does less damage than the best ones on sparring targets.
    If we head into an instance now with all those buffs from controllers, you won't stand a chance against a pure non-pet reliant dps, even if the damage is equal on sparring targets.

Idea:

Switch the Mega Blast to getting triggered by a Supercharge generator ability. That way you have a consistent ability you can plan ahead of every 6 seconds (for Source Shard). Your Supercharge regen benefits from it and your pet benefits from your supercharge - perfect synergy in itself and with the associated Artifacts.
    • Like x 2
  19. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    I'm doing some parser testing using Godhand Wave in conjunction with Quislet. One thing I'm noticing though is that Godhand Wave apparently isn't generating any Supercharge anymore. Is that intended? It used to generate Supercharge ticks that would appear in combat log in previous testing.
    • Like x 2
  20. inferno Loyal Player

Pretty much sums up what I wanted to say.

As for damage, the single target was weak Then I saw that it does multiple damage at a certain rank. So I thought it was designed to do its most damage on multiple targets but I find that it was also lackluster there. I agree with the other's tests, so I'll leave it up to them. Wooop de doot!!
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.