DCUO Wish List & Quality of Life Changes

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by bradleymsimmons, Sep 28, 2020.

1. bradleymsimmons Well-Known Player

Here's some of the things I would like to see improved or changed. Feel free to add your own.

· Increase the item cap on item placements within lairs and league halls
    · Ability to delete base items no longer wanted or needed.
    · Solicitation that is interactive and collaborative regarding new event base items (Spring/Halloween/X-Mas)
    · Ability to change the color of powers.
    · Style unlocks for all auras (prices are ridiculously high and incredibly rare to find others)
    · New power sets
    · New Movement styles
    · New lair theme choices
    • Like x 4
  2. SekretVillain Loyal Player

1,6,7,8 absolutely agree with.
  3. MxOiE Level 30

I wish the game had a level sync for lower level content like how FFXIV has. When I returned to the game a few months ago and attempted to make a new account to relearn things, it was the most unpleasant experience for me running content as a "new" player. My character felt completely useless in everything I ran because everything was either oneshotted by higher levels or people just ran ahead, leaving the noobs to fend for themselves against the piles of adds left behind.
    • Like x 1
  4. PolarisSylar Committed Player

Ability to delete base items no longer wanted or needed.,

^^^^ well that part should be like in journal we have a quest , we can i ' hide a quest .I wish it was sane way base items to hide a lister item.

Also, awhile in decorating mode , I wish it shows us the named of the base items when hovering over the it's. Because there been times when I forget the name of the item when decorating.
  5. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

1) Ability to delete items w/out attuning them
    2) More accessory's
    3) Ability to equip multiple accessory's
    4) Item descriptions for base items to know if we have collected them or not (like we have for collections)
    5) portals to walk into everything OR an option to Q in short handed intentionally (literally no reason this cant happen)
  6. SekretVillain Loyal Player

That would interesting a accessory slot 1 and accessory slot 2
    • Like x 1
  7. Brit Loyal Player

I have what I personally consider to be very low, very reasonable expectations.

- Style Unlocking needs to be getting done. Since apparently it is a huge undertaking to go backwards and implement it for old styles, I would like to see all new styles going forward have style unlocking already built in when released. Basically it's a case of "As long as you're already under the hood..." When a phase of style unlocking includes 10 sets, but it takes so long that they release 30 new sets before it's ready, we're just falling further and further behind. Every new item should have style unlocking as the default, and we can go back and play catch-up gradually over time.

- Vendor 00 and Vendor 22 need to have additional updates. It is unreasonable to expect players to mass farm defunct content that doesn't pop. Instead, those big 70 Source Mark price tags for each style drop means that getting a full suit costs 560 Source Marks to cover that Episode you aren't spamming. And from a mechanical standpoint, gathering 560 Source Marks involves queuing for tons of content, which what we're trying to encourage. This just allows us to grind towards it while running the content that other players want to run as well.

- If OP items are going to be done through the crafting system, then the drop rates need to be handled like they were in JLD where the item was attainable by a single character running the Episode for lootlocks. It is unreasonable and undesirable to make OP items that require running 3-4 characters through all lootlocks to earn a single OP item. If this is something they are unwilling to do, then just move the OP items back to either being ultra-rare drops like Deluge, or Collections, so that they do not occupy physical inventory for the 9 months that it's going to take to farm out an item which will no longer be an upgrade by the time it is finished.

- The vault needs to drop 1 currency from the CR Relevent currency, not 1 Source Mark.

- PvP CR102 suit needs to be introduced. PvP should get one set of new gear annually. I am not asking for any new content, any rebalancing, any fixes, nothing huge or time consuming. But when we've finished the PvP gear literally years ago, and we're capped on Marks and have nothing else to spend them on, it's a clue that we need a new style. If the art team cannot make a single style set for PvP once per year, then I will reluctantly accept the Enhanced Tier Gear as a style for the PvP gear, with PvP being considered an alternative route for players to get those styles without actually having to run Elite Raids (or get the Elite gear stats).

- Please fix the "Permission to Move Base Items" permission in our Lair Mainframes. Right now, when you grant someone permission to move base items, it doesn't actually allow them to move base items. We just need to use the exact same function that already exists for League Hall decorating. If we give permission to someone to decorate, they should be able to decorate using items from our list.

- Any attunable gear box... make it show the name of the style that is contained within the box, and whether or not we have collected the style. We shouldn't have to google random names to try to cross reference and figure out if we have something yet. Especially not when it's on a 120 second timer for loot, and the rest of the group is already running ahead to the next room.

- Migrate all Artifacts to a non-inventory tab, the way that Augments exist. Do not make them take physical inventory, so that we can keep and level new options without having our inventory continue to degrade.

- Name Purges as a regular part of game maintenance, the way the more successful MMO does it. If an account has been inactive for 18 months, free the names. There is no need for it to wait for these 5 year events; just some basic house-cleaning that should always be happening gradually.
    • Like x 4
  8. willflynne 10000 Post Club

1. Might be a database limitation, but that's just a wild guess. That'd require an actual dev for an answer.
    3. I'd recommend either starting threads about seasonal items about 6 months or more before the event takes place or adding ideas in threads like "What styles would you like to see?" threads. Those would be the best avenues to seeing items you want, as I don't think we're likely to see the interactions and/or collaborations players might want to have (they have to do their own approval process as well as get DC's permission, adding players to the mix would probably be another hassle).
    4. They said "no" about ten years ago. They haven't shown any indication of changing their minds since. Let it go.
    5 and 6. Mepps posted recently about new power sets. It's not looking likely, and I'd imagine new Movement styles like Skimming might fall into the same category.
    7. It's possible. They did add a smaller base theme in with the Birds of Prey content, after all. Depends on their priorities, I guess.
  9. CharlesQuester Active Player

Devs, please work on making this one happen out of the OP. There is no need to make players keep base items the collected ONLY to get the feat that they don't even want. Its not like we have to keep gear that we collect just because we needed to get the style feat for that.
  10. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I want us to look into the future where we can shop and get e-mails from our cel phones.