The New Costume Contest ...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Black-Zero, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

They could have:
    A) Made a correct and accurate full cowl as depicted in the Batman: Nevermore comic.
    B) Made it a face style so the player could pair it with other cowls to finish the desired look.
    • Like x 1
  2. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

That's why I said it's inaccurate, it's not a full cowl. Also, that bird's beak on it looks stupid. I've never read that Elseworlds tale, but I can only guess that because of the title and the fact that Edgar Allen Poe is involved in the store, Batman must become the Raven or some crap. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  3. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

What Head and Face combo did you use to get that look? :confused:
  4. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Yeah, he's a tough one to make. I'm working on some ideas for him as an alternate costume for my Crime Syndicate Ultraman, but we don't have any shoulder styles that are right for him. :confused:
  5. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

How do I get that chest style? I actually have a character that needs it.
  6. SekretVillain Loyal Player

It's just a head style, its silent master the OP head from Atlantis DLC
    • Like x 1
  7. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

For me the feet style was also not easy,when you only can find a few not good pictures of boots I mostly have to guess.The victorian cowl not my taste either.
  8. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

For the accurate Gotham By Gaslight look, to match Mike Mignola's character design, you want to use the Tall Trim Foot Style boots, which are a Character Creation style available from the appropriate vending machine in your HQ. When I first created him, I used the Daring Vigilante boots because I had them and they were the closest thing I'd unlocked, but I just went and grabbed the correct boots for him a few minutes ago.

The lack of reference images is easy to rectify, and it also helps that we have 2 official action figures of GBG Batman (1 from DC Direct and 1 from Mattel) as well as a couple of officially licensed statues of him. So, here's some good reference...

Mike Mignola artwork...

[IMG]

And a statue based on it (which has 2 swappable heads, for 2 different looks to the cowl, one with his real eyes exposed like in the interior art, and 1 with white eyes like on Mignola's artwork:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

DC Direct's action figure was designed straight from Mignola's artwork, and was released in 2006, so it may be a bit harder to find now. As with most versions of the character, sometimes the cape, cowl, and gloves are shown as blue, and sometimes they're shown as black, which is what DC Direct went with here:

[IMG]

Mattel's figure only came out a year or 2 ago, and is still quite easy to find. It's not as accurately based off of Mignola's artwork, but it has great articulation, and the knives in his belt are removable! They also went with the gray and black color scheme:

[IMG]

So, like I said, there's plenty of reference images out there. I want my DCUO recreation to be as accurate to Mignola's original character design as I can make it. You'll notice that on mine, the pants are even darker than the shirt, just like in his artwork (and the figure and statue based on his artwork.) I see that you did the same, as well. ;)
    • Like x 1
  9. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Cheers for the boots,I was going with the boots but google images shows so many costumes that is inspred so it was hard to find whats what in the middle of everything :) edit: I tried the tall trim feets but they are to high up on the thigh for my taste so I'm sticking with aeronaut variant for now.Found out that amazonian with stealth is the best one for now.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  10. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

I think it’s a potential reward for the defeating the sons of Trigon thing in the Gotham wastelands duos (complete like 5 daily missions and you get assigned to defeat the son in a duo...then the person you’re paired with gets angry because you went in to defeat that son and they didn’t want to do it lol) and/or defeating Raven if you’re a villain? I’ve had it so long I genuinely do not remember though.

the style is Exalted though.
  11. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

I found out that the victorian cowl shoulders also goes ok with my worst nightmare batman style:)
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  12. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Forgot to add I was also using the dark metal chroma as well
  13. SekretVillain Loyal Player

How do you get a 2nd head style under Victorian head style?
  14. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Might be the Batwoman face piece over a head style.
    • Like x 1
  15. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

adaptive android+batwomans mask :)
    • Like x 1
  16. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

The bird nose is intended in the look but it's supposed to be a full cowl.
    Pics for reference:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  17. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Ah ok
  18. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I've done the Bounty for Raven with a villain a few times now. She never drops ANY pieces of that set, possibly because my character's a high enough level to be able to solo her. :confused:
  19. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Assuming they haven’t taken away that reward, the only other thing I’ve got is completing the 5-day mission and then defeating the son in the duo. Maybe that will do it. I will try to run them and see if it is tradable If I get them....with our luck that tough it won’t be tradable.
    • Like x 1
  20. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

You can get the set from Raven but you gotta make sure you get the bounty mission from Giganta.