Heal + Tanking now

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Darkarl, Aug 19, 2020.

1. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Thank DPS' who dictate what and how content is designed. Its designed for DPS' mainly nowadays to stroke those ego's and kick support players to the curb because why not what did support players do in those elite raids?

Oh that's right carry the raid. I was in FGSr last week and had 1 DPS literally claim the DPS are the people who carry raids. So what did I do as the only person who could heal? I hit up on dpad since I'm only healer, and told the 4 DPS who '^' to carry on
    • Like x 4
  2. Kaminuse Active Player

Switching to Water was the best choice for me (specifically for my brain cells). Maybe someday they decide to give Sorcery a buff that is worth coming back to.
    • Like x 1
  3. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I've always told ppl some powers have a learning curve over other powers within each role. Even after revamp I still stick by that even with the watered down state of the game we have currently.

For example celestial isnt going to be the ideal healing power for 1st timers, sorcery or water will be.
    • Like x 1
  4. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

A lot of the community only wants one healer. No powerset is healing elite solo without arts. The simple method is to run with your league. 2 healers, 1 troll, 1 or 2 tanks. Finishing is more important than burn.
    • Like x 2
  5. Elusian Crowd Control

Transcendence cost 100% cause it also shields and since all 100% shield SCs turned up to 100% Trans felt into the same category. Everything else is fine with Sorc. Its a good power for this episode. Heals are in line with the rest, cooldowns too, powercost is streamlined as well. There is nothing wrong here unless you try to compare it to pre-revamp era but that is inconsequent as well since they increased ranges and changed a few tihngs to the positive side like Soul Bolt, Soul Shard, etc.
  6. MidLifeCrysis41 Well-Known Player

LOL! Ya have to love it! (I’d have kicked him in a heartbeat!) talk turd too me while I’m the only healer - see ya!

I used to do that all the time! Mouthy dps if i was healing or tanking. They get too excited. I’d warn them I’d kick them! WTF YOU THINK YOU ARE?! Before the ranting had finished - gone!

Dps are as squishy as it gets! Tank dies - everyone is gone! Heal goes, everyone is gone! Troll goes - not so bad for a while! But take the debuffs and obvious mana away, soda’s take a long *** time to regen. It’s sad how trolling has been turned into a nothing role now.

And absolutely agree! It’s been entirely built around dps for a few years now. I like dps’ing as much as the next person. But it does get repetitively tedious.
    • Like x 1
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Does it matter? There are other open world bosses from other episodes that require a group to bring down. Nothing new.
  8. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I usually would but we were at LB I think and just seems like a **** move regardless of how idiotic people are. Plus that's the blind queue life for ya lol
  9. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Sorcery isn't meta, they won't be asking "need sorcery heals for SM/Elite", but it's not bad. Compared to the other powers it's the more diverse one and when not doing the hardest content you can just pop fury or guardian to make things a little better depending on what your group is lacking.

About it being slow, I kind of agree, but for me that applies for healing as a whole, you do more than you see.
  10. Kaminuse Active Player

but how it works is another story. SB and SoL only work for tanks, these tiny AoE heals is hard to hit allies even in alerts (not all allies are always close to adds or boss) this makes these two powers very situational and not very functional. Soul Siphon and Transmutation do the same thing, but neither is viable.

Soul Well and CoP are the main Hot’s. CoP exclusively for tanks (We all know that tanks barely stand in the same place so they almost never receive full healing). Soul Well even with two stacks is weak and slow, does not mitigate damage fast enough. Nature, celes and water cover the entire team with strong Hot’s full time.

IoR is the only full range group burst heal, but cooldown is huge. Elect, celes and water can burst people easier or just let Hot’s run all the time.

RW and Reju are the main heals, and almost always the only ones available regardless of rotation or cooldown management. Summon Watcher is risky to put it on loadouts for several reasons.

And we only have 6 slots and choosing which one to use will depend only on the Artifacts. This takes us to the center of the conversation. Sorcery needs hot's to cover the whole team and quick burst heals (Purple Ray and Orb) but Reju and RW are “main heals”, we need Arbiter of destiny to make proper use of Reju with Orb (Scrap 200 necessary to get full time Arbiter), since RW is such a basic heal, Page is necessary to increase effectiveness (Page 200 is the goal), not to mention that Trans is meta if you want to solo heal stuff, and this artifact is garbage below 160.

Sorcery needs artifacts to stay in line with other powers, while they use artifacts to strengthen themselves.
  11. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I've used sorcery since launch basically, tried some others. Always went back to sorcery. Played without arts for as long as we could then played awhile with low level ones. I've always enjoyed it. Wouldn't mind stronger powers but never really needed them. Now that arts exist, 0 issues. Orb/ray/page.
    Priority heal
    Shield
    Watcher
    Invocation
    CoP
    4plyr (6 now) heal
    Never need power unless the group is terrible. Solo heal whatever. No need for the supercharge unless the entire group is terrible. As far as running anything current, I can sleep thru regular raids. I don't even need to heal the alerts. Have done them with a troll and 3dps or tank and 3dps. With arts, any power is fine. Without, well I haven't in awhile, but I doubt anything other than elites solo would be a problem
  12. RylynneHelm Active Player

it is ALL about how much they can get you to spend. as for cant get something done as is...well when there is (what) 30-40-50 toons in a phase and they CANT beat ares... all LFG is anymore is bountys. elite MUST be done ASAP or good luck getting it done. 90% of the players cant do a solo. yet alone elite...and no, i dont want a nerf!!!!! i want this once great game to be run by someone that cares about its PAYING players again. yeah, yeah. i pissed off mepps yet again.

beyond stupid drop rates! money grabs everytime you turn on the game. lol when you can get on the game that is,,,the toxic hate of the so called (elite) players! special treatment for the speed hackers and the big spenders. lol who do you think they give the good stuff to...??? sure the average joe get a goodie here n there. the DO NOTHING CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!!!! and LMAO!!!!! DBG trying so hard to hide there corp phone # wonder why they do that...

but i get off topic...the grind is ok. if there was (and there is not) a fair drop rate. and everyone had the same shot at things WITH OUT spending there life away for it!!! but, this is DCUO RUN BY DBG SO...as a moron said...IT IS WHAT IT IS...
    • Like x 1
  13. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Chances are, waters going to become the most hated healer to run with if things keep going the direction they are. Shields are useless for most boss fights, and even some adds now so there goes it's 2 favorite powers. And everyone is sick of the pools blocking their vision. Either on the floor when you need to see DoTs or if the player jumps a bit and places it up in the air. Water vs sorcery: I'll take sorcery every day. Dps or healing. Just different playstyles. Water was just wet garbage for me
  14. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Been in several small groups and have been able to beat all bosses with them, except hydra. Hydra is like an 80% fail rate with a group under 20 people
  15. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Yes, some bosses are stronger than others for some reason. Say someone in the group uses orbitals against Hydra well that just caused the teeth to spawn more. With a small group that can pretty much cause a wipe from the adds. With just 6,7 or 8 players is doable but once we got to Hydra, the burn wasn't enough. We needed more powaaaaaaaa
  16. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

make no mistake, DPS are still a dime a dozen. The worst of all is what u said “look at my damage”. No one fives 2 S**** about your damage trust me.
    1) damage out is a meaningless stat.
    2) it proves nothing
    3) you cant do it w/out trolls, heals, tanks whereas they can do it w/out you just slower
    4) always remember you need them FAR more than they need you.
    5) you can be replaced at a moments notice, they cannot so show them some appreciation

All that said, as a DPS, what bothers me the most about other DPS’s is their lack of care/initiative in raids. Ppl die an they just wont/cant stop attacking for fear of being out damaged. They do not care if tank doesnt get picked up. They say look at my damage an blame said tank for the group wiping. The examples are interchangeable. I think mechanics an picking ppl up are the 2ndary Functions behind Damage. I believe in this so much, i use quantum tunnelling. Its very fun anyway and makes me super mobile. I can tunnel to oick ppl up an do mechanics. Works like a charm an i have saved raids from wiping with it.
    Theres much more to dps’n than topping a meaningless board. Learn it then brag but never forget to pass credit for what the real roles allowed u to do ;)
    • Like x 2
  17. Darkarl Active Player

I really feel that comment you made. Lately there's a TON of people who basically drag everyone else because they can't fathom the fact of not making tons of dps. That stat overview at the end is very toxic to the gameplay. Lately it's so easy for people to have big numbers and still be utterly useless to the raid. In fact to this day, I still don't care about restoration. It's about in-game strategy. Learn to do the mechanics, manage your cooldowns, your magic bar, etc. And not dying because not dying makes you a better healer. And can keep everyone alive most of the time. Alas, still it's so easy for people who can't follow the mechanic to drag everyone else down, because they too busy raising their numbers. Not to mention you must say "put pets away" like 8 times else they screw the feat. These people are lucky they weren't around during Fatal exams and NGN. Even the swamp thing event mechanic had to be re-designed. .
  18. Magg Redd Well-Known Player

How did I know you were going to bring up QT? LOLOL

I would rather play support, but if there is a higher ranking troll in the group,I don't mind handing the reins over to them, I figure whatever is best for the group as a whole.

But a agree, most DPS's hardly care, I have mentioned in other threads, I have been in raids with DPS's who openly said they are "too valuable and do too much burn so they don't do pick-ups" Then when something goes wrong, who is the first person they blame, the poor support role. All they seem to care about is the board, but don't stop to think that there are 5 idiots DPSing (usually right on top of the tank) who are not blocking and ignoring mechanics and not doing pickups and not working cogs, and doing nothing but spamming attacks , while there is only ONE tank trying to pull all of the ads, and keep the bosses attention, ONE healer trying to keep everyone upright and shielded and doing pickups and working cogs, and one poor troll trying to keep everyone in power and debuffs and pickups and work cogs and crowd control so the tank can breath for a nanosecond and wipe the sweat from their brow. A DPS goes down and all you hear/see is "pick-ups, I am down, someone pick me up" while a support goes down and you here "I need heals, I need power, someone pull these ads" and a wipe is blamed either because no one picked them up or the role died cause they don't know what they are doing.

For my fellow support players who are tired of this abuse, may I leave you with 3 words...LINE OF SIGHT...In case you run into any of these DPS's it is possible to play strategist and keep DPS's out of line of sight most of the time so they get very little power/healing.
    • Like x 1
  19. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I play both roles a lot more lately, spent years just healing and nothing else. While I get the complaints of the "no pickup" mentality, some players choose to build groups to have dps competitions. If that's stayed and you join that instance, you have no argument. If it's pug groups doing it, you can and should complain. But remember, a lot of elite bosses are a burn test lately. You really do not want your top 2 burners to stop. Trolls need to try to be 1st to do pickups, then your groups lowest dps on up. How do you know this? Thru the scoreboard everyone hates. And not that 1st column of damage cuz that does not matter. The 2nd column is what counts. I get that people hate the scoreboard but it is informative if used correctly. But you have to use all the information. A dps is topping both columns, sweet great burner. He's also topping the power/ damaged/ healed/ drops category. Time to kick them. Lowest ranked dps isn't off by much and is at the bottom of all the other lists? Well, that's your actual top guy. Your teams healer should not have to be sweating keeping you alive unless you're a tank in elite, the troll shouldn't even be looking at your power unless you're the healer or tank.
    But my point is, everyone on the team is important no matter the role. We all have one goal while grouped together and while sometimes the roles can finish without dps, it has become impossible for the last few dlcs (elite raids) to finish without great burn. Whereas the alerts maybe need a single role to be beat. I've run the newest one without a healer more often than with on my tank toon. 1 tank, 3 dps and it's pretty easy. Others are doing it 1 troll and 3dps. I'm sure others are already 4dps'n it.
  20. Chia Death Well-Known Player

Guys, just do like I did and cancel the renewal on membership. Once it runs out I'll move on to a different mmo. They've had a major bug in the past 3 episodes- and the Phoenix Cannon issue still isn't 100% fixed. If they don't want to put out a quality game then you can find someone who does.

As long as you keep paying for **** they're going to keep serving up ****.
    • Like x 2