Some General Questions

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jcal, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Jcal Dedicated Player

Howdy!

Wonderverse marks my return to DCUO's endgame. First time since 2017 and it's quite exciting, but at the same time a bit confusing. Up to this point, for the past year that I've been playing on and off, I wasn't dealing with all the extras that come with new content. Catalysts, Adaptive Augments, Episode specific Exobytes, etc.

Some of this stuff is easy to figure out, but there are two topics that I'm a bit unsure of and I'd appreciate some insight.

1) Adaptive Augments - Simple question that I feel I know the answer to, but what the hey. Does my character have to have the Augment equipped in order to receive some of the bonus effects, for example the Platinum Engraving's Grecian Gifts which grants bonus Empyrean Aether?

What this relates to is a character's second role. My tank has tank Augments, obviously. I leveled up those Augments and I now have Grecian Gifts. So... what about my DPS side? Is there like a system check for Grecian Gifts, sort of like how the old OP collections used to work where if you had a feat you'd get collections to drop? Or am I expected to level up four Adaptive Augments for each of my characters (not happening) with the limited amount of supplies given?

Do regular players really do this (emphasis on regular players lol)? I'd imagine most people end up going one and one or using the incorrect Augments on their off role. I mean we are talking about extra marks and extra loot choices here. You can't give that up, no matter what stat losses one might incur.

2) Purple Vendor Gear - For Wonderverse that would be the Enhanced Mutiversal Amazon set. The style feat for this set states that upon unlocking the feat, you get a vendor discount. I get how this works; I've used this system, but not in reverse if you get what I mean. So let's say an alt of mine completes the purple set. The pieces are very cheap and the main hold up is the Aether cost. So I get the feat, unlock the feat via Replay Badges on my mains, and then they can get the main vendor set, Apokoliptian Amazon, at a discount? That sounds... wrong to me and very unlike DCUO lmao! The individual purple pieces cost almost nothing. It can't be, can it?

Thanks for reading and thanks in advance for any replies. Ohhh... and phase for Murk... HURRY! :)
  2. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Adaptive augments require you to be wearing them for the effects. I typically level one all the way to rank 23 before working on a second, but this time I got two to rank 3 to start with. I only wear the second one while doing the open world bosses (the rank 23 bop one gives more stats and I usually just do one for each role), but if I forget to equip the second one I only get 1 bonus Aether on a win instead of 2 (because you need both equipped to get 2 on a win).

There are actually two vendor purple sets of gear in this episode the regular Multiversal Amazon set for just fractured coins and the Enhanced Multiversal amazon set for Aether and fractured coins. In previous episodes, completing a gear set only reduced costs for that set and lower. So the purple style feat only reduced costs of the purple gear boxes, the normal vendor gear feat reduced the cost of the normal vendor gear and purple gear boxes, and the Elite vendor gear reduced the cost of all 3 sets. Since we have two purple gear box sets I'm not sure if there is a "pecking order" between them, or if they are treated equally. If I had to guess, I'd say the enhanced purple gear feat would reduce costs for both, but the regular purple gear feat would only reduce the cost for the purple gear boxes. That guess is based solely on the enhanced set costing "more" (requiring both currencies for a total higher than the normal set), but it could easily be the opposite way since the regular set requires more fractured coins per piece and Aether is easier to come by.
    • Like x 1
  3. Jcal Dedicated Player

You've put my mind at ease. Thank you.

Ahh, and I see what you mean about the Adaptive Augment strategy. One and one, but you can use an older AA instead of an off role one. The BOP content is still relevant so the BOP AA is also relevant. I guess the only problem is that your first go-around you're likely to be mismatched. I figure this is how it was for you lot back in the Teen Titans Episode. So I'll just have to deal with having one incorrect AA this time around, but going forward things will correct themselves. Thanks again for the reply.
  4. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Yeah, in Titans I think I might have worked on 4 slowly (building one per role up first), but pretty much after that I would get one new AA per role with each episode, and only work on others if I had maxed out all 8 lower augments (4 might, 4 dom for my tank) and the 2 episode ones I got for free. For most of the previous episodes the bonus for having 2 maxed AAs equipped really only applied for Elite, and I don't run that as much. This episode is having me rethink my strategy, especially since one of the higher levels gives you extra fractured coins in instances, like how rank 3 gives bonus Aether on an open world boss win.

Also, if you plan to ever go back and do some of the feats in older episodes, you might not want to feed old AAs into new ones. Some of those benefits are still relevant even several episodes later (looking at you reduced damage from the madness meter in Shattered Gotham).
    • Like x 1
  5. Jcal Dedicated Player

Another simple AA question - so I've left my second Platinum Engraving at level 11 and I've been thinking about the stat buff at level 12. It's funny how hard it is to find info on this stuff. Googled around and it's tough to get a definitive answer.

Do you get another stat buff (Enhanced Engraving) if you level up a second Platinum Engraving to level 12? And I'm talking about matching AA's, so two healer, dom, might, etc. I would assume you don't, but want to be 100% sure.
  6. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Take ur time if need be but the easy answer to all the AA questions is lvl both to 23. Theres no real reason not to. I have not even replayed the content with badges too much an a few weeks i im done with both DPS ones. A good ammount of the thynescarian things (or whatever) drop from the content. At 23 the stats r better than 12 plus the elite benefits etc. theres genuinly no reason to not work on em till they are done. I dont u derstamd the advice to only do 1 for each role?
    I do my primary role to 23 on both so im max potential then work on secondary role stuff. Easy peasy
  7. Jcal Dedicated Player

I appreciate your responce, but what you're saying doesn't really answer my question lol.

I just want to know if these kinds of buffs (Enhanced Engraving) add on to each other. All the past AAs and certainly all future AAs will have this kind of percentage buff and I want to be clear on the rules of these things.
  8. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Apologies, i was caught by ppl’s advice to just advance 1 for each role an was interjecting mostly to that. As i understand them, SOME of the benefits are attatched to each’s rank so having 2 at rank “x” is better than just 1 but thats not a role specific thing. U can mix/match but to have all benefits at max potential u need both Socketed at 23.
  9. Jcal Dedicated Player

I understand what you are saying. Grecian Gifts, Treasures of Themyscira, Hydra Slayer, etc. These kinds of bonus effects are enhanced by having two AAs at the appropriate level.

But again, what I am specifically talking about is Enhanced Engraving, so for example "+3% Might and Power while in Wonderverse content."

The description text on the AA does not state that having another Mighty Platinum Engraving would grant me yet another 3% Might and Power buff if I aready have the buff unlocked on my first AA. So I would assume that I don't get the buff a second time. But I want to be completely certain that's how it works.
  10. SekretVillain Loyal Player

If your asking if say 3% resto stacks if you have 2 the answer is yes
    • Like x 1
  11. Jcal Dedicated Player

Oh wow! I can't believe that. Now why doesn't it specifically mention that?

It aught to say "3% Resto or Might or Dom, etc, for each rank of Enhanced Engraving."

I assumed it was just a flat 3% (4% for Precision) whether you equipped one or two. Ahh, I've been selling my Boons since I wasn't planning to upgrade my second AA past 11. Gonna have to buy back in lol. Thanks for the response.
  12. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Yes sorry i misundertood hat u weee asking as well but yes :)
    • Like x 1
  13. Jcal Dedicated Player

LMAO! How wonderful! I just failed my Level 12 breakthrough twice in a row, again (for my tank that is). All those hours of bounties. Oh god!!

But the percentage buffs do indeed stack. Nice little health and dom bonus for Wonderverse. Now on to my healer and DPS to fail some more...
  14. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Well since augs have been implemented in, that's pretty much how it's always worked. I guess they just assumed people would know it was like past DLC' where if you got two augs to x rank you got 6% stat + power in DLC area.

Granted with the changes to augs this DLC I can see how that could of been confusing.

Pretty much everything you get from one augment is doubled if you get 2 to that level. That's how the augment system works and will always work until they post otherwise in a testing thread or announcement thread for a DLC.
  15. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I've said this in other threads, augments should of never had break through failures. Back in the days creating mods for gear you never had failure %. You got the material and it was 100% successful created, and that's how these should of been since augments are supposed to be the replacement to the crafted mods.
    • Like x 3
  16. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Arent the generator mods and Maybe body augments also the replacement to the old crafted mods?
  17. Highplains Sailor Well-Known Player

If by generator mods you mean the V7.1 Health or Might that goes into the base generator that also has the portal slots, I think they're the same as always. If you are talking about the capsules you get from your base 'vendor' that you put into your various gear slots, yes, they replaced the old color-coded gear augments made with R&D. The rationale Nerd of Prey gave on a podcast a long time ago for the Might, Vitality, Restoration, Health, etc, augments is that you 'augment' your body, not your pants.
  18. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Thats not accurate, i played when lairs came out and the vendor an tac mods came out. (Was T4/T5 i think). Tac mods went in white slots as they do now but we used to have to craft mods to go in the colored slots. Now we dont craft them, an they dont go in gear. Color slots r gone. Now we have the generator which accepts colored mods for might, restro, etc.
    That change i was not around for An was asking IF the generator mods replaced the gear ones OR if the body augments replaced the old crafted colored gear mods?
    Either way tho, we never used to have generator mods so they arent the same as always. It used to be gear mods we crafted
  19. Highplains Sailor Well-Known Player

I'm sure you are right as I didn't start playing until long after that. I think Earth 3 was the current DLC at the time. I do remember the R&D crafted mods that went into the color slots (which are gone), and the generator mods. I don't think the generator mods changed since I started. I don't remember even knowing about the tac mods at first. I just know they are part of the lair / base.
  20. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

See i stopped playing shortly after lairs an generators so originally there werent gen mods but now there are. Are you sayin that at one point we did have colored gear sockets for the crafted mods AND the colored generator mods at same time?
    If so, then i think body augments would have been what replaced the gear mods then. I assumed the generator mods are what replaced them