Mirror Master and Metal Pt. 1

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by AncientSpirit, Aug 24, 2020.

1. AncientSpirit Active Player

How do you beat him? I'm trying to get past him with Celestial DPS with a CR of 264. I can't think of another DCU Online episode I've paid for that I can't get into. Are there certain Celestial powers or iconic powers that make this easier. I've watched a video of a speedster who ran this, seemingly stick and run, but my flyer can't seem to get out of the way fast enough. Any advice?
  2. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

I'm quantum powers and i remember this guy frustrating me. My strategy was to equip both power related shields in my loadout plus the iconic power shield. Rotating those and using soder cola wisely I was able to beat him. By the time i rotated through my shields, my soder cola was cooled off and ready for another.
    • Like x 2
  3. MrStoob Well-Known Player

That's one of the only ones that really stumped me for a while. I play as ice/brawl/flyer.

First up, don't fly, run and roll - I find flight mode a pain in the *** for longer fights because you're moving so slow when in combat stance. Hit and roll is basically the way.

If you've any ranged attacks that also do AOE (Avalanche for ice for e.g.), they're useful for taking out the mirrors quickly. Only use channelled skills (heat vision, frost breath, etc) selectively, like just after you've avoided a fireball so there shouldn't be another one imminent. Always be ready to roll out of the way after any attack to avoid fireballs or mirrors that may pop up.

If you've got them, pop your henchmen too as they'll help with distracting his attention and do some dmg.
  4. spikeat Well-Known Player

I haven't ran this solo in a while. Turn off movement mode. Flight is slower in combat mode so it's better to jog. Equip your shields. You need a lot of mobility for this fight, it's basically hit and run. Perform 1 combo and move. You can try to squeeze in 2 combos at your own risk. Keep your shield up as much as possible and roll out of danger.

OR

You can respect to prec and use some weapon taps instead.
  5. Apollonia Dedicated Player

This is the worst fight in the game afaicat. Up there with the original Pengbot when it went live years ago. I'd say it's actually worse tho. It's not just you.

Even at 20+ cr above min my character concept's build was insufficient to survive it. The only way I could complete it was by taking a min/maxed "community approved" loadout and tossing out my character concept to complete it. When I did that, I easily crushed it. You will likely have to do the same thing.
  6. MrStoob Well-Known Player

*shudders*
    • Like x 2
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Add a shield if you don't have one, and pop it whenever available, and block and roll out of the red pools he pops up (the others are correct,...movement mode is not your friend here). The timing on the pools is pretty static around 5 seconds, so once he starts popping them, only use long cast moves immediately after rolling out of one or you will get caught in the next one. He's really not that tough once you get the pool rhythm down, but yeah...those suckers will kill you in a few seconds if you stand in them. Also, if you are using orbital/SD/SC, don't use them at the start. Use them once the pools come up. Using them at the start just brings you to the pool phase faster. He doesn't start popping them up until he's about 2/3 health. Drop all that stuff once you see the first few pools come up.

I beat him with 3 F2P toons with less than 100 SP each, at 264 CR, and with no white mods or SD/Orbital/SC. One of those toons was a gadgets/acrobat/brawling...3 things I do NOT excel with....so it can be done with the minimum IMHO.

EDIT: On Apollonia's point, if you are not willing to change your loadout cause it conflicts with your character (i.e. "My Toon is a Batman Iconic, so he can't use guns...") you might be sunk. The fight is adapt and overcome...use sidekick or backups maybe....add that shield....maybe an SC. The good news is that once you are through it you technically don't ever have to do it again if you so choose, but you gotta get through it once.
    • Like x 2
  8. Eve YouTuber

My best tips is to keep moving and not stay in one place, use a soda, shield, supply drop, etc. All of these are really helpful.
    I made a video on it:

Multiverse did a video on it too:

Hope these help.
    • Like x 3
  9. Highplains Sailor Well-Known Player

I had a really tough time with my Quantum character. A friend helped me respec and create a Precision build and I was finally able to beat him. The weapon mastery helped.

With my Nature character, it was a little easier; I didn't die TOO many times. As everyone says, run (don't fly or whatever) and roll. Soon as you see the vortex's start to form, run or roll and keep moving. When the mirrors pop, take 'em out as quick as possible from a distance. A few times on my Nature character it seemed if I was close to them I was slowed down for a few seconds, and that can be fatal.

It can be frustrating to use the Heal barrel, because everytime I used it, the vortex would start to form in it almost immediately and I had to move away. I had a little better luck using Supply Drop. If you get a few vortex's in a row there is usually a little bit of time where you won't get another, so that may be the best time to use Supply Drop or the Health barrel, and to hit him with your powers, then start moving again.

Shields are very helpful. When the vortexs seemed to spawn the instant I quit moving, I would just run around in circles for a bit and pop a shield to keep from taking damage from his pistols. When his health gets low enough, try using a S/C power (depending on what your power is) to finish him off.

People told me that the Red Death was worse, but I had a much easier time beating him. On my Nature character, I died once, ran right back and beat him the second time.
  10. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Sorcery is the answer! Sort of kidding but fighting him with water took foreverrrrr, with sorcery it's under a min. Pop fury, the 3 pet supercharge, the 3 henchmen, and a trinket pet. Throw an orbital and let them go to town while you roll around in circles. Have a shield also. The .5 sec cooldown blast while you roll around. Easiest fight in the game
    • Like x 1
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I gotta admit, Sorc was the easiest one I beat it with. The Grand Summoning attack team cares not for the red pools and just tore him down quick like. Then it was just a matter of making sure not to get caught in one and hit him on occasion. But yeah...not all powers are created equal or have the same advantages.
    • Like x 1
  12. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I beat him with gadgets ( no supercharge ) & bow. make sure you've got a shield ready. make sure your orbital, supply drop, & sidekick are ready to pop. there's a healing barrel at the left side of the steps as you're facing them. get in position with a decent amount of space between you, activate henchman, hit Mirror Master, start moving in a circle around him. remember to roll out of the way when the vortex thingies appear under your feet. keep your shield up. between your sodas, the supply drop, the healing barrel, & your shield, you've got more than enough to keep you on your feet. don't worry about trying to get a full rotation off. just keep picking away at him, & keep moving. maintaining your shield & staying on the move is the answer. well, worked for me, anyway. mileage may vary. good luck.
  13. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I made a video specifically with Mirror Master...

But I did it with a bunch of flyiers too....

Black Lantern Batman uses Celestial.....
    • Like x 2
  14. Eve YouTuber

Magento to the rescue!!! ;)
    • Like x 1
  15. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Will make a new video with Black Adam using Flying and Iconic powers.
    Will post it later tonight. ;)
  16. AncientSpirit Active Player

R

That would be great. Thanks.
  17. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

You're welcome. :)
    • Like x 1
  18. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

I use 4 boo's and the manbat trinket back up and grand summoning on my sorcery alt, it looks insane and melts anything in solo's/duos and is very powerful in seasonals/alerts. (also fits the Halloween seasonal theme very well :D)

Speaking of that, I'm hoping to finish up the boo combo on all 20 of my toons this coming Halloween, just need 3 more to go.
  19. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I heal all my on-duty solo's, but to be fair I have a prec spec that has all DPS/heal crits, all prec innates and almost 100sp into resto.

Have a DW and 2H setup. No artifacts though.
  20. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Another tip: If you're using the Trans card in DPS but don't have it leveled up, just take it off. At low levels it takes a large chunk of your overall damage off without making up for it in crits. It's enough to make you struggle and even cost you the fight depending on your build.