What happened to Elite Alerts?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by redwolfyogi, Aug 23, 2020.

1. redwolfyogi Well-Known Player

The concept was awesome. Requiring a strong team of 4 to complete an alert was really good and proposed a decent challenge to those who wanted/needed it.

The true reason to asking for them to make a come back will be for those persons who miss a content (i.e. a break, real life etc.) to be able to achieve renown. It is extremely difficult to build groups for many of the elite raids that the content is no longer relevant. Now there are some notable exceptions which i will mention later in my talking points.

Difficulty in regular alert is arguably 1/3 as difficult as a normal raid however an elite alert should be along the difficulty of r11-15 of the 4 man survival mode

Renown amount should be scaled down as well. Elite raids grant 600 renown, an elite alert will grant 200. This should be fair as it will take 3 times more runs of that alert to even achieve the same amount of renown.

With an elite alert many people may not consider to run the elite raid as it would be simpler to build a group for the Alert rather than the Raid. However if you all re-introduce RNG collectible items with 50pt feats (which most people hate, including me) as a drop from the last boss it will keep people running elite raids for years to come. Perfect Examples of this are Panopticon Elite and Zoo Elite. This gives Elite Raids a purpose as well.
  2. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Im a returning player and anything that poses a challenge an makes content relevant im in favor of, i was away for years actually and am finding it quite difficult to get ANY of the raid fears from the “middle” content be ause no one running it will listen and if they are running it, its usually to do it as fast as possible.
    It takes longer but personally if im in an instance and someone asks for a feat i do all i can to help and get the group on board even if i have the feat an just wanted a quick run.
    • Like x 1
  3. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

I want Elite Alerts back but they can't just give renown or else the difficulty of elite raids becomes senseless and it is just trasformed in a walk to get rare items with 0.1% drop rate.

They should create a separated renown system for elite and have elite alerts give renown for acessories and elite raids for other pieces of gear. Then after the episode is 6-8 months old everything becomes the same and you have a permanent renown bonus. That way they can also get rid of renown boosters, as the only thing they do is make content lenght shorter, I doubt the devs are counting on the few cents boosters cost.
  4. redwolfyogi Well-Known Player

I didnt even think of that. With the addition of the elite weapons, neck, and rings that would be awesome. but as boosters are sold in the MP i doubt they will get rid of those :/
  5. Eve YouTuber

Elite alerts are great and I would love to see them making a comeback. Although, I think they are kinda set on the structure on Episodes:
    It's Either Solo\Duo, Alert and Two raids (usually). This time they tried something new and put raid bosses in open world, so It's one less raid. Unless they go back to the old structure, It might be a good thing they are trying new things and there is still hope they might bring elite alerts back. But, that's just how I see it.
  6. redwolfyogi Well-Known Player

I get the new system thing, but an addition of an elite alert would constitute the same as the normal alert itself. (the same as the elite raids)
    • Like x 1
  7. Eve YouTuber

Yeah, that's why I hope there is some chance they will bring those back, in favor of losing one raid, I guess. Unless they don't do open raid bosses again.
    • Like x 1
  8. redwolfyogi Well-Known Player

In all honesty, i hope they don't do them (open world raid bosses) again. :confused:
    • Like x 2
  9. Eve YouTuber

I guess it depends on how much people liked or disliked them. I don't think we will have it again in Episode 39, but I don't know.
    I like them, but I understand the frustration with them.
    • Like x 1
  10. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I liked them too, it gave easy feats and gave people something to do after their dailys were done. Allowed us to work towards 4 elite pieces and 12 gen mods. Was a nice change.
    • Like x 1
  11. nawanda Loyal Player

Elite alerts were great.

As to what happened to them, they were a product of the monthly episode era 2015-2016. They were a way for the developers to release an episode with the alert as a flagship piece of content to potentially sustain players for a month.

Bring them back.