Offering Your Services

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SekretVillain, Aug 16, 2020.

1. SekretVillain Loyal Player

If you like helping folks do whatever post your in game name here. You can post restrictions (no broker playing, no frat hunting ect) if you so choose. With your preferred play time and in game name.

Offending Habits villain USPS4

What I'll help with:

I'll help run any content minus elites
    I'll share my knowledge I've gathered over the years

Things I wont do:

I wont do feats simply because I dont do feats for myself

Also please be courteous to anyone that places their names here as nobody has to extend a helping hand, but we are choosing to.
    • Like x 8
  2. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

This is a nice idea. +1
  3. Brit Loyal Player

USPC
    "Great Brit_PC1"

I will heal you.
    I will heal you while you play that low level Alert or Raid that I don't really need.
    I will heal you while you run bounties.
    I will heal you while you do your dailies.
    I will heal you while you get some annoying feat.
    If you can figure out how to take damage while you're using the Broker, I'll heal you through that.
    I just like healing people.

What I won't do:
    I won't run anything I'm lootlocked on, unless it's going to be really fast (like 10 minutes or less). You want me to bang out some low level Alert a 2nd time, sure. But if you want me to run a T10 Elite Raid that I'm already locked on... wait for next week, because I don't want to drop an hour of my limited playtime into something where I won't receive rewards.

I won't push the T button on my keyboard and turn myself into the DPS Role. If you don't want me to heal, then you've got the wrong person.

I won't drop a group I'm already in to go do something else for someone else. So if you want my help, send me a /tell, not a random invite. And I will respond to you with an answer of either "Yes", "I'm already lootlocked", or "Let me finish killing ____ with this group. I'll be free in ____ minutes if you still need me."
    • Like x 7
  4. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Well I did many moons ago but it ridnt stick think it was right after server merged with pc/ps4. Been seeing alot of folks needing help around here so let's see if some helpful old timers and nee timers alike will throw their names down to help out.

I miss the old days where if you walked up to someone in the game and asked for help they would invite you to a group and HELP you.
  5. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Oh that's another I forgot to mention in the original post, is if someone agrees to help you run content please dont ninja invite them(invite to instance or group without asking)

Please send a tell before inviting and allow the person to respond.
  6. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Really shocked nobody else has offered to help. But the game is different from 2011-2012. Miss those days.

Mepps or any developer you can delete this thread. Seems all the helpful people who were once in this game are no more
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I don't think they are all gone, but posting your toons name in a public forum is different than responding to shouts in LFG or posting your own 'Tank to help with anything' post. Not to mention it's still a small segment of the population who go to the forums and smaller who post. It doesn't really mean no one wants to help. Personally, although I do have a few character names up here publicly, the most contact I get out of the blue is when I'm at the broker and people want 'help' like a donation or freebie. I will often respond to calls for help queuing into things (and I can usually bring 3 toons to get any alert going), or to help someone abandoned in a duo they can't finish, but don't really have the time to go through raids unless I had them on my slate for the session.

That and the fact that probably 50% of the users are still killing hours a day grinding the new content....especially the bounties. I know I've abandoned all the 'old' feats that I was working on with alts or alt accounts in favor of squeezing in a 2nd or 3rd pass on the bounties when I'm.

PS....'Frat hunting'...doh!
    • Like x 1
  8. dresserball Dedicated Player

I think people need to take the time and look for a league that will fit them and there playtimes. That would help more then just one person on the forums that may or may not be busy at that time.

Lets first change that mind set and people will progress and get more out of this game.
  9. spikeat Well-Known Player

Why delete the thread? Others can see that you're still offering help. Are you rescinding your offer due to lack of support from others?
  10. SekretVillain Loyal Player

No I'll always offer my help when I'm free to help on villain side. I guess I was just hoping more of the forum community would be more willing to extend a hand as well.

As Reinheld said above, even if they dont post here they could always be helpful in the game via LFG shout or whatever. I've just seen a few ppl lately looking for people to play with or help with feats, and figured I'd make this as a sign up sort of thing for people who are willing to help out others still.
  11. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

i will offer my services as dps a hero in usa server i have a cr of 301 and 303 sps
    my services will requiere the following rules
    if the raids is so hardcore that my armor is broken and i can't fix it i will leave the raid
    if you seen that i have conected you will wait unless 15 minutes to do my bounties
    if i am looking nodes from a collection and i want the item from the loot you will ps to give me the item from the collection
    if don't inssult me or complain about myself or i will leave the raid and ignore you
    if you skipped your cr you will run the low content with me because you are deadweight
    i will help in spams
    after that you can invite me if you need me
  12. Miserable Dedicated Player

I'd offer my services in exchange for money.
  13. spikeat Well-Known Player

That's great. Don't forget to leave your IGN so players can contact you.
  14. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

People had different experiences back then. Before I joined my first league. Which was right after the hack attack. There weren't that many helpful people on my server, The killing Joke. It was pretty cut throat. You couldn't even pug a raid without lining up in the tech wing to be inspected. It made sense because of the difficulty of raids at that time.

Once I found a league, then people were more helpful.

I'm generally open to doing whatever in game. What I don't like, at all. Forming a group for a random raid or alert. Getting to the boss fight and people start asking for feats. Hate that. Ask before we start to see if everyone is good with trying. Don't expect pug groups to help with hard feats. Like others have said. I have limited time when I play.
    • Like x 2