Searched ALL lower Tier content

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MidLifeCrysis41, Aug 15, 2020.

1. MidLifeCrysis41 Well-Known Player

Found two people! Two people!!! Called out if anyone was in the area doing anything at all. No-one replied. About 9 times since yesterday I’ve done this. I thought it may be a slow few days seeing as the new DLC dropped. But that was 2 weeks ago! It’s practically old now lol!

So - seeing as I’ve asked repeatedly for groups for elite raids (for feats) relevant to my CR, that I can get into. Even lower tier stuff! And I’ve had nothing back At all! How am i to get renown for elite gear (I dong care about the gear! It’s already irrelevant unless it’s the current DLC’s) it’s the feats attached I want. How do i go about this?

Keep coming back to the same thing. Leagues are dead! The ones that aren’t - are mostly endgame. Aren’t gonna re-run old content or feats they’ve already done.

Pigging will get you in; but then you have different languages trying to communicate, or the pew pew’ers who just have to the first on the scoreboard.

Should ALL renown unless for the current and previous DLC be done away with? It certainly would help a LOT!

I’ve been trying for 4 days to run LPVP. Nothing but randoms, selecting the free promo legend. I’ve shouted myself horse asking. Tried all day to get people to run some feats. These are ppl at 307 with 103sp :/ you’d think they’d welcome it!

I wanted to really take it slowly! Take my time gathering feats. But i can’t get people willing, and sadly - capable.

Please also remember this is the EU side: US villain side is more populated than EU hero. Leagues etc are not even close to the same.
    • Like x 2
  2. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Best option really is to find a good league. If its a good league, they will do feat runs an if its got really good ppl, they will help even if they dont need the feat(s) or even loot locked. Aside from that, Q up an take what u get is best best for lower content
  3. dresserball Dedicated Player

Just join the US side then because leagues still run this stuff.
  4. Disruptor Well-Known Player

Some of the really low content still has a chance to get Source Marks via a box that has one item(source mark, mark of victory token, prestige token, compound omega) They need to put that box in the later content, because people would take the chance on them. IIR the cutoff point is Starro.
  5. MidLifeCrysis41 Well-Known Player

Been there. Had terrible lag! Dunno why either. My internet speed averages at about 330mbps, ping is 18-21. But just had horrible lag. Would have stayed there had that not happened.
  6. Berza Committed Player

Well, you can think that 2 weeks makes a DLC old, but most of us don't. So obviously people is spamming World bosses all day. We want to get the feats and aethers fast, because in a few weeks nobody will be spamming bosses again. So nobody is interested in doing today something they can do next month, if it means not being able to do in a month what they can do easily today.
    I can understand how it feels being in a server where your language (English in this case) is a minority language. You know, the UK has less people than Germany and Austria, so German is a much popular language. And you know, almost everyone in South America plays on EU server due to them speaking Spanish (which allows people with lower rl economic resources to play together with people with highter economic resources, wich leads to leaguemates lending transferable MP items).
    But there are a lot of English-speaking leagues. I don't know what was your experience, but I highly recommend you to try Sindicate. They are English-speaking, one of the biggest leagues in the server, and they do a lot of league runs for a lot of content. Or, you can build your own league with new people who want to play old content. Or, you know, you can even learn a foreign language, as most people in Europe does. We learn English, after all.
    And I seriously doubt US villain is more populated than EU heroes. Yesterday there was 2 full phases doing bosses, and at least a 3th one where we were defeating them even when not at hard cap. Also yesterday in the evening there was a group shouting for a tank for all elite t9 raids. Maybe you wasn't online at that time, but you need to keep in mind that you will need to adapt to the hours other people in the server play. You know, south Europe uses to live a bit later, as we have daylight until 10pm.
    • Like x 1
  7. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

I doubt a single person from South America plays on EU lol, it's a 7000 miles distance, they'd have almost 300 ms latency, plus, since US is closer, PS/Xbox/Switch will auto put them on the US server.

Not sure US villain is more populated than EU, but since US hero is probably more populated than all other servers combined, crossfaction helps a lot getting a group for older content.
  8. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

This has done nothing but prove two very good and critical points that people have made in the past.

1. The games population is nowhere near as populated as it used to be (pre-revamp)

2. CR skip allows new players to completely skip over older content which leads to them not feeling it's worth their time since they already surpass the tiers in gear.

What we have here is the results of trying anything to get new players to stay but in the end certain parts of the game suffers for it greatly. There are more times than I would like to count that I would try to run older content for an old feat on an alt but absolutely no one will give them the time of day. I think CR skips were a huge mistake.

This also has to do with the underwhelming population of the game as well. Sure I do see the HOD full of players (in PvE phase US server) most of the time but those players are probably the biggest portion of the game. What I mean by this is that if the server phase that I see those specific players in was server 1 then server 2 might only have 30 players and then server 3 would maybe have 15 players (these numbers are for one faction, Hero/Villain)

This is the reason why the majory of queue ups is impossible in lower content. Most players in servers 1 and 2 are probably well over CR 160-200 so the remainder of players are forced to buy a skip because no one will queue up in older content just so they can play with everyone else.

It's a shame but this is the true reality of this games current situation.
    • Like x 1
  9. Berza Committed Player

I don't know about PS players, but I know lots of people from SA playing in EU server. Actually there is one big league that have almost all members from SA. Just ask Draconiano, he is pretty active in the forum, and he is from Argentina. As I said before, spending 15 US$ is much easier if the average monthly payment from your job is 1000us$ than if it is 300. This originated in the old times when being premium was enough to play, because it's easier to afford 10$ each three or fourth months than 15$ each month. That way, SA people where able to join leagues with European Spanish-speaking people who could afford a subscription, and that way get the items from vendors that a premium can't afford due the cash cap.
    And, the distance between Buenos Aires and Texas is 8.000 km, while the distance to Amsterdam is 11.000. Not a so big difference.
  10. Requake Dedicated Player

I'm on EU (PS) hero side, if I want to get a group together for a certain feat, I will ask in league where most people are ready to help.
    If not, I will 'pug' and yes, you will get all sorts of people, but most of them speak English, or at least a bare minimum to communicate with them.

I've quit the game after the JLD dlc and came back just after BoP got released, and missed out on the Teen titans DLC pretty much.
    I did have 2 league members actively helping me at that point but nothing is impossible.

Although the metal part 1 and 2 elite content is maybe still a bit hard for most players. A lot of groups still struggle on Phoenix cannon elite first boss, False idols elite first boss, Monsters of metal 2nd / 3rd boss

It does help I speak 4 languages I guess, but I don't think that's what causes me to be able to do this with pugs.

To be really honest:
    if you're on villain side, just give up and start over on hero side. In fact, most of the 'original' villains even came to hero side because of the inactivity.
  11. Brixqhan New Player

I run into this problem as well. I find myself asking if anyone wants to go feat and/or skill point hunting. nobody really cares about the grind for newer players. all the leagues aren't up to par......you just spend points to contribute to said league with no help at all. I ask every time I load up this game but been struggling for a month to find decent people to play/grind with. . . I'm on USPC....you'd think that it would be easier to get a squad together this way.....but its all the same
  12. myandria Item Storage

Very good points and which is why I still advocate to cut the Event Version of new content down to, at the least, 30/60 days.

Players have asked for more time for Open Episodes and the devs gave it to them; now, and still, very few players are queuing up for that older content. If I want to play older content, I have to queue up for SEVERAL (yes, 7 or more) of them at once just to get at least one of them to pop; this should not be happening during Open Episodes.

As far as the phases, I have noticed more players just standing around waiting for an invite to an active open phase for the new content. Since the phases are limited in size, many players do not want to lose a chance at getting in a good phase. This has put a strain on playing lower level content; this is especially a strain on queuing up for lower level content during this Open Episodes time.

Suggestion: The devs should make a CR skip available every 3 episodes, since players can level up a character from 1 to 200 in less than 2 weeks with the Mechanical Vendor alone.
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They do make a cr skip every three episodes. We get three episodes a year, we get a new cr skip every January/February.
    • Like x 1
  14. myandria Item Storage

Hmm.. It doesn't seem that way; it feels like this last CR skip released within a shorter time frame. Perhaps the timeframe needs to be longer, like once a year or something like that.
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It is once a year.
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

2020 January CR 255
    2019 January CR 210
    2018 February CR 170
    2017 January CR 100
  17. myandria Item Storage

Whoops on me! LOL! Understood, my bad. :D

I guess I feel we get too many because of how much and how quickly the CR skip is used. "Shrugs"