Scoreboard for bounties

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Psyfur, Aug 11, 2020.

1. SekretVillain Loyal Player

As for the comment of parser, it shows how much damage/healing ect you do in 10 sec or whatever interval you have it on.

For dps you should have it on 10 seconds as dps is all about quickness and how much dmg you can deal in short windows
    It tells you your crits %, all of it.
  2. thedemonocus Loyal Player

A scoreboard on bounties is not needed and would do more harm than good.
    • Like x 2
  3. I3eleth Well-Known Player

If someone's opinion bothers you then go to your own chat and don't buy into their cancer you know you did your part by doing damage/pick ups/and doing mechanics the ones that don't want a leaderboard don't care about their numbers which in my opinion is cancerous too. Non mechanic players will not do the mechanics with or without a leaderboard but some do mechanics and elite level damage/heals/power out and would like to test how their set up stacks with the rest of the community a bounty leaderboard would be a nice feature which could also showcase mechanic numbers like teeth grabbed etc.
    • Like x 1
  4. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I hear this used as a argument all the time 'wanna see how we stack up vs others' is why the parsing system was put in place. Use it to compare data.
  5. I3eleth Well-Known Player

Im not asking 1,000 players for their parse thats stupid when we could get comparable numbers when running with 100 players in a bounty phase.
  6. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Why not? It's more detailed and has more data then what a scoreboard will ever have.

You cant see your high crits or when they dip, parses you see that raw data live.

Just admit you simply want yet another chance to belittle those you dont see fit to be in your presence. Because they dont push the dmg/heals/power out as you do.

Not everyone has dumped 1000s into artifacts just to have a few extra pixels on the stats page.
    • Like x 1
  7. Legasei Well-Known Player

That only works if people are willing to share data in the first place and be honest about their data. But I’m with you. I don’t want to see another scoreboard in the game.
  8. SekretVillain Loyal Player

If there us a scoreboard added it needs to only reflect your numbers and side stuff. Because that's all that you really need to see anyways, and I think the alert/raid scoreboards should be changed to reflect that(be a personal scoreboard)
    • Like x 1
  9. Legasei Well-Known Player

No worries. I doubt the devs will add a scoreboard to the bounties.

I like your idea about changing the alert/raid scoreboard.
  10. myandria Item Storage

Hmm..

I do not understand how not wanting a scorecard is cancerous; there are games that do not use scoreboards the way DCUO does and the raids work out just as well. If I am confident about my contribution to a team then why do I need to see a scorecard? Seeing the scorecard should be a choice, not a forced option. As you have pointed out, some players need to see how they compare with one another; other players do not have that need. That's ok, as games should try to support different playstyles as much as possible. A toggle scorecard would do just that.

Games that have bounty scoreboards (without the damage threshold) have a more toxic community than this game does because it is all about that bounty scorecard and where you place, not about the mechanics and/or how you take down that bounty. My experience with this type of scorecard is that if your character isn't keeping up or doing their share, you will be verbally bullied as well as put in a situation to take your character out (via training of mobs, no heals/shields to your character, ect). Yeah, I'm not a fan of this type of scorecard either.

The issue with doing mechanics, especially for the new content, is that players are not rewarded as well as the damage dealers. I believe the devs are trying to fix that. I usually play support roles, so it is hard to do mechanics like getting those teeth and heal/shield and/or debuff and do pick-ups. Mechanic numbers are really not needed, especially if it is communicated effectively which characters will get those teeth, for example. For example, if you have a couple of lower level characters in a Hydra phase then you would want those characters to get the teeth while the higher level characters concentrate on the Hydra. Quite a simple strategy, but one that is not used on a regular basis.
  11. I3eleth Well-Known Player

Even if they didn't make the scoreboard visual to everyone like say it's a personal scoreboard only that just gives your rank in each category with no hard numbers just like damage in 1st teeth 1st revives 3rd power out 4th or something that's only visual to the player producing those numbers or maybe just make it a tracker in the chat options so players could toggle it like a 10sec parcer for combat.
  12. I3eleth Well-Known Player

You could even possibly have it to where the only names on the leaderboard you could see are friends and league or make it an option to not show a players name if they toggle it and don't want their numbers shown you can easily appease both sides of this fence.
  13. Controller Devoted Player

I'd say no to the idea of Scoreboards for bounties.

Such a thing would breed cliques of "Top Dps's only" and exclude others.

I'd be OPEN for perhaps the top Dps performer's stats to be made available in LEAGUE-WIDE recognition - perhaps a Gold or Bronze or Platinum statue in the LH.

But in the WonderVerse? During each boss? No thanks.
  14. I3eleth Well-Known Player

Not just wonderverse but across the board other games do it and it'd be helpful. If you don't care about your numbers don't look at the board and the people who clique up with other top board players are already cliqued up with other top board players. People who don't care about leaderboards absolutely kill me do I try to be the top of the board? Every single time I do anything yes best believe I'm trying to be at the top by the biggest margin I can but I rally downed teammates I used to grab the switch every single time in the Amazo fight (so when I still beat you you couldn't complain) I grabbed the metals in the Luthor fight I pick up teeth at Hydra. The boards are a direct reflection of how good of a job you're doing its a direct correlation its hard physical data reflected in a live test verses other people the board will either show you that you need to do some work on your set up or tell you you are optimal. To not care about boards tells me you could care less about efficiency. To be at end game and have the gear, money, and skillpoints yet lack the efficiency would be a terrible approach in my opinion and I would rather quit playing. If im not trying to be the best at what Im doing then why even do it.
  15. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Being end game and not caring about the scoreboard (as a healer) is not what was it you said 'lack the efficiency'

It simply has 0 effect on me or how I play. I know I'm power efficient and not by looking at a damn scoreboard, by managing my power. I know where ppls health is not hy looking at a scoreboard but by looking to the left of my screen.

Yall wanna use the excuse scoreboard shows all this BS? No having environmental awareness and group awareness shows you who is doing what. But yall to focus topping them charts to know any of that.
  16. theAverageGuy Well-Known Player

Yes scoreboard, if it doesn't show damage, but only mechanics like #teeth, barrels, cogs and pickups.
    • Like x 1
  17. I3eleth Well-Known Player

As a troll, tank, or heal if your character isn't efficient at what it does the group will die thats all you need. But for damage it isn't always that simple and I for one would rather beat instances in 20mins instead of an hour.
  18. Noble One Committed Player

if you could down vote a thread.... i wonder what the number would be for this one lol.
    • Like x 1
  19. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

How about we remove scoreboards except for one's own score from all instances?

Then we wouldn't have idiot self-centered ego-based score-chasers plaguing the game at the expense of the team's success.
    • Like x 2
  20. SekretVillain Loyal Player

No raid has ever taken 1 hour, hasnt in years. If it has then check the tank/heal if they are doing everything correctly then it's the DPS' not getting cogs or blocking on skulls. Nothing takes HOURS anymore.