Patchwork Themyscira is great but

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheLorax, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Magician Dedicated Player

2. Doomsday234 Well-Known Player

Can you please get rid of the timer please. Ps it’s KalEl9 in the BombSquad In EU servers
  3. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

its kind of hard to grab cogs and perform objectives when everything lags, bosses remain invisible, you have no idea whats hitting you and you can't move.

• Like x 2
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

As mentioned, the bosses scale up and down in difficulty with the number of players present, and this will be adjusted.

We also have an issue overpopulating the phases, which is causing performance issues with too many people around.

Side note, there's no reason ten or twenty or thirty people can't communicate with each other and pay attention to raid mechanics. It might be a new thing and challenging on day one, but it's pretty common in video games.
    • Like x 7
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Kind of hard to run mechanics when the boss doesn't appear on the screen till he's dead. I know it's because we are over pop'ing a single phase, but that's going to happen with the bosses on sync'd timers. Who is going to want to 8 man these things when you can get into a phase with 20-30....well, that ends up making it a 100+ phase real quick.

Side note: Thanks for the change to the quick menu...once we get used to it, it should be much more user friendly.

PS...real question. When we are crushing a phase, do you guys get alerts about the servers melting? I'm in IT and I know when someone is crushing the SQL servers, my phone starts blowing up. If so...sorry about the 4 AM wakeup emails last night.
    • Like x 2
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Your bit was in the other quote, so forgive me if this is not your add....

I'd doubt it. Proper working alts will drive DI's revenue with Arti/aug leveling, replays for their own gear and to unlock feats/styles. Having 4 or 5 alts with a few 160 artis and anywhere near the main toon's SP will generate a lot more revenue than having 1 beast toon at 100% 200 artis, full elite + 15 bank alts. If anything I'd guess the thought is that most will choose to pay to get their alts up, but with this level of grind it's going to backfire and people will start shelving them instead. The idea of paying to get your alt up to endgame and full artis but then won't be able to run it as your main grind is too time consuming are counter-intuitive.
    • Like x 4
  7. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

if this is the case then they should remove additional character slots from the marketplace along with our ability to unlock styles and feats give us augment and artifact xp tokens for each of our alts and be done with it.

alts are a very good reason there are people playing three to four weeks after each new dlc. get rid of them and the game won't be playable n a few weeks because everyone will have gotten tired of the grind and ill go off to play other games until the next dlc pops up and we can play for a month again...
    • Like x 4
  8. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

hey welcome to dccuo! be sure to check out some of the guides and youtube videos for any of the basic questions you may have as a brand new player.
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

As what's been said above, I don't see it your way either. This company has made an extra few hundreds dollars since February just off me alone with replays and Artifact reagents for my other characters. Killing alts would be the financial equivalent of shooting themselves in the foot.
    • Like x 8
  10. The Jeff Well-Known Player

My two cents. Take it for what it's worth.

Typing during a fight with PS4 is less than easy. Voice chat has other issues like static, game sounds interfering with someone's voice, people leaving their push 2 talk key on all the time, people who talk quietly, too many people talking at once, etc. I think it's unrealistic to expect pugs to work with that level efficiency to do a weekly quest when end game raids in DCUO don't even require that.

That aside, this new content requires far more time investment as well than prior DLCs if you want to do those weekly quests. The weeklies are neither alt nor casual friendly. Now, I'm not going to rage quit because a couple of weekly quests are tied to what I consider a convoluted system. It just means I won't invest a lot of time and effort into the new content. I'm not a gear chaser and if I don't have the best in slot, I don't care. I can still play and have fun so not killing the hydra every week isn't going to hurt my gaming experience.

Perhaps something that should be considered in the future is a test server for consoles. PC gamers (which I was for many years, from original EQ days) and console gamers (which I am now) are different. Having a test server for console gamers would give the devs and creative teams more balanced feedback that would allow content to be more broadly tailored to the different platforms and playstyles. That, to some degree, might help mitigate future concerns.

As a programmer, I know you can never please all of your audience all of the time and applaud what has been done with DCUO. Not many games that make it ten years still get fresh content on a regular basis. That in and of itself says something about the creative and technical talent behind it, and while I can't say this is even close to my favorite DLC, it still has some positive aspects. I think this was a good attempt at creating new content styles for DCUO even if it doesn't meet everyone's expectations.
    • Like x 2
  11. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

You know im never someone to knock new things... infact i like that you guys are trying..

But im just not sure that making something that used to be a quick fun way to get marks such a grind is the way to go..

And if this is gonna work i think we need increased phases not smaller
    • Like x 1
  12. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

Oh, how are cross factions supposed to correctly communicate? When I am on my villain and there is only one or two other villains among a ton of heroes that sort of goes out the window.

Are we finally getting a suicide squad invite tab?
    • Like x 5
  13. TheSapphire Well-Known Player

Mepps,

Is the strength of the boss based on the number of players present when the fight starts or does it adjust dynamically during the fight? If there are less than 20 people when the fight begins and 2 more groups pour in later, would that be why some of these fights feel easier? Do the adds adjust as well?

Athena and Kalibak/Steppenwolf have a good feel and Ares can seem a tad strong, but Murk seems way too strong at the moment. Not so much Murk himself but the sorcs and elementals. I also left feedback in the "open-world" dev thread.

Thanks.
    • Like x 1
  14. TheWrecker Well-Known Player

There's also no reason to depend on 10 or 20 or 30 people when you pay to play and you don't want to keep up with 20-30 people. Some of just want to play and not facilitate content to get 5 bounties done for only 8 marks and one loot box.
    • Like x 1
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Bounties were not turned into world bosses. They are completely different in intent. That said, we do see that we didn't provide the usual day-one, easy bounty for quick marks. We will be watching for feedback.
    • Like x 3
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Like we have mentioned elsewhere, we're fine-tuning the way the bosses scale up and down based on how many players are present. You won't be able to solo the bounties, but a small group should be similarly successful to a large group.
    • Like x 5
  17. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Not sure if it was mentioned.... being knocked out during the hydra fight makes the game crash. :(
  18. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

My feedback, which as always, is only my own, is that there is always a very large body of players who want to power-level, or obtain marks for cosmetics and otther vendor items, and the way they want to do it appears to be demonstrated by history, which is to have a quickly spawning weekly bounty that they can spam with replay badges.

This may not be the way it should be, but it is the way, I believe, it is.

And in any case, it's win-win to have that 87 replay badge bounty that awards 8 marks (traditionally; in Wonderverse it should award both new currencies, please): players who want to power-level have a way to do it that is grindy, but not OMG, I'LL NEVER GET THIS DONE grindy, and Dimensional Ink gets more money from players buying replays.

While this is, again, just my opinion, it's based on watching how players have acted since weekly bounties became a thing.

JLD was eventually a fine mix, although they never seemed to catch on back in New Genesis; not after the first couple of weeks, unless my memory is confused, which is always possible. Metal 1: Man-bat is possibly a tad OP; he's certainly annoying to do. But not unacceptably so, and some might prefer the challenge to the Teen Titans who almost immediately just needed to be burned down. Thanagar's Syn and Nth Golem seem to me to be in the sweet spot.

tl;dr: I favor weekly bounties that can be replayed with badges.
  19. Apollonia Dedicated Player

How is this determined? Will difficulty scale based on who is attacking the boss? Or will it scale based on how many people are detected in an instance/phase? It could end up very difficult for a small group if (over time) difficulty is based on present players who are just there to farm and do other stuff but not help fight.
  20. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Ouch... playing a role..... even in victory you can get only 3 coins??EDIT Even got 0 coins from Athena with a win. :(
    Not to mention how the game can crash at any time when there is LOTS of players. :(

I have to admit... I am getting a bit frustrated with them Bounties.