Patchwork Themyscira is great but

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheLorax, Jul 30, 2020.

1. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Could you please put Hydra on his own separate timer? After almost an hour of group invites and phasing I finally found a phase where he was awake.
    • Like x 3
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

And the skeletons have too much health.
    • Like x 1
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The intent is for you to group up and succeed at the bosses in order to face Hydra, not phase around randomly hoping you find him up.
    • Like x 7
  4. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

This playerbase doesn't do that. (yet)
    And when you are in a low population phase staying and waiting isn't really an option.
    • Like x 12
  5. Rainnifer Committed Player

As far as I know Hydra only appears in a phase if the previous bosses are defeated in that phase, so your best bet is to join with groups to defeat all the bosses in a single phase.
    • Like x 4
  6. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

This is a very bad idea. The lag is ridiculous. I'd rather see something like you had to do with the original operations. Move them from outside to their own instance. A raid group should be pleanty. Thinking more is better is foolish with the amount of lag that occurs on our servers. I'd rather kill a 1000 npc each week than deal with lag.

Good luck to any player not getting their feats done this weekend. Sure people will farm bosses for their feats and the new great gear, that was a big plus imo. Should have been done a long time ago.

Speaking on the new gear, the elite face, neck, and rings. Why didn't you take this opportunity to update elite affinities? We are able to have like 10 pieces now. No upgrade or reward for doing so. C'mon.

The alert - you know, it really bothers me home much time and work I put in at my job while testing new systems. I know we have this thing called the test server, but do ya'll not have inhouse testing for PS4 and probably Switch? That bridge is ridiculous. No way someone tested that before release. Not a bad alert, but could be nightmarish in pug groups.
    • Like x 2
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I know what the intent is but everyone (players) is not on the same page and nobody seems willing to run a full rotation more than once just to get a chance to clear Hydra.

There are a few factors that are slowing progress towards the goal of getting to let alone complete the final boss.
    • Like x 6
  8. Kaminuse Active Player

First day is always like that, lag and overpulation. What you want? People are anxious. If u can’t complete today, try again tomorrow and move on. There’s not only hydra to do in this episode.
    • Like x 1
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Completing it isn't the issue since you get rewarded for failing anyway. I just want to be able to get into the room without having to do an unnecessary tour of Themyscira.

I really like this open world concept but people are going to get burned out quickly.
    • Like x 3
  10. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

You get 3 Aether coins if you fail. It will take a LOOOOT of 3 coins to get the 500 coins needed for some items.

So far defeating a single boss in the open world has not happened. Guess it'll take a while before it doea? We shall see. ;)
    • Like x 2
  11. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Use the teleporter HUB and choose Gates of Tartarus. That brings you to the Hydro room.
  12. Perdition Committed Player

The problem i’ve seen so far with the Hydra, is that its tied to a weekly. If there is not enough people around to defeat it, you wont even get the weekly done. It took me 6 tries with a full group and people nearby to get it done. I dont mind if we dont kill it, but the weekly attaching to it being killed is bad tbh.

Also all the new stuff is great for my main, but i can’t really see mysef do this on 3 characters :)
    • Like x 6
  13. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

not a fan of the way the bounties work.
    • Like x 6
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You have to successfully defeat the other bosses to wake the Hydra up. The actual fight takes place underneath that room. If one boss in the rotation is failed the rotation has to be repeated from the start. The majority of groups I have been invited to were either completely unaware of the mechanic or had skipped over one of the bosses in that phase.

I've been defeating open world bosses off and on in random groups for most of the afternoon. That isn't the issue.
    • Like x 2
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I've only fought it twice but for both we lost time trying to kill the skeletons.
  16. Perdition Committed Player

Yeah, seen that happen alot. Picking up the teeth (which summons the skeletons) with all that lagg happening is nearly impossible lol.
  17. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

So you want more of the same which people have complained about for years??? o_O

With each and every episode there are bugs and adjustment periods. This episode is no different. Also, no amount of internal testing can reproduce the results that you get from Live server. All the proof you need is in your face every episode.
    • Like x 2
  18. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Lucky you. So far I'm 0 in 7. hopefully tomorrow will be better. ;)
    • Like x 2
  19. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Back in reality, what's happening are random crowds spread all over, fighting every and all battles at once, in an untold multitude of phases, usually without enough people to ever possibly stand a chance of winning, while people constantly shout for invites, or offer invites, yell that a boss is up and suggest phasing, but in many cases, if you accept an invitation to a group allegedly doing a particular bounty, you'll find you're instead in a group standing around waiting and waiting.

At least, that's what I've experienced today, so far.

Has some kind of system of gating so that only one bounty at a time is available been considered as an option? Or any other methods of keeping people focused and concentrated on being in the same location?
    • Like x 3
  20. Charon Lead Content Designer

The scaling of the hydra is slated to be addressed and the timer for the teeth to be secured will be increased to give a little more leniency in achieving that task. We're watching how things unfold, pulling metrics over the next few days, and will adjust as needed.

We appreciate the feedback and what the numbers show us with metrics. A couple adjustments like what I mentioned above are in the pipeline - I can't promise as to when, due to QA testing and production pipelines but "soon".
    • Like x 10