Test Discussion Balance changes to 2-Handed Weapons

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Batuba, Jul 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

I believe 44% is around 4400 prec is it not? If so that % is not gonna change much doomspin will still be aoe king. I would say 88% sounds better. U have to remember strat card procs alot from doomspin. I dont think 44% will stop me from doomspinning and topping the scorecard. 88% on the other hand might get me to change to might base till powers get fixed.
    • Like x 1
  2. August Moon Well-Known Player

no , 44% in damage out , meaning if you were criting for 30k pre nerf you'd now be critting for 16.8k which is huge but understandable
  3. That1DarkKnight Active Player

It's over performing for a while now, that is true, but is it really a bug? If it was an error why didn't you guys fix it a long time ago? It's been noted by pretty much everyone since day 1 that doom-spinning off of the regular two handed combo was a viable option. This has been a solid method for DPSing for a while now, and it's mainly used in content where survivability isn't a problem or concern. Just seems like a changing the rules of gameplay update to me nothing else really (which isn't necessarily bad thing).

There are other (few) methods for AoE melee DPSing as precision still, but the list is so short now it really does seem unfair to people who prefer that style of gameplay. Lots of insufficient precision combos that could use a damage boost/animation speed boost. Like would it at least be possible to get rid of the long pause animation after you use mega smash? That would at least make it somewhat more viable even if it is still far way from being a sufficient precision combo.
  4. L T Devoted Player

Has anyone else found that clobber can't be clipped now? Is that a big or is it intention?

I'd suggest increasing doom spin and mega smash by about 25% from where they are now on test
  5. ALB Dedicated Player

Just showing how strong might is. Not trying to derail thread. This is without op gear, but he is obviously buffed
  6. zNot Loyal Player

8 targets and only 700.000k? the damage is absoluty fine even low id say,have you seen one handed flurry mastery? That does more on just 3 targets so i really dont get your point.
  7. ALB Dedicated Player

He hit 900k-1mil way more times than 700k. Did you watch the entire video?
  8. Roocck Committed Player

I have played both prec and might with dwfs and doomspin and can say that when I did play prec with 160 arts using swfs and doomspin I was out dosing might players with 200 arts, bop gear with 500+sp. Reason for going back to might is because not all power has movement when casting your powers like ice and munitions. In my opinion Ice and Munitions are not getting the risk vs reward like rage and earth in melee perspective.... This is were I get confused at!!!!
  9. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Perhaps this is just my feelings, but it seems to me that it is not just impossible to clipp, but after the combination there is a delay of 0.2-0.3 seconds ...
  10. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

So you’re just going to act like you didn’t see him hitting 900-1mill, that’s hilarious.

And one handed is melee, so not only are you’re more at risk while using melee on adds, but the one handed combo that you’re referencing also has a very narrow damage radius so you won’t hit all the targets that you desire to
  11. Rejchadar Inquisitor

For testers on a note, with the current change, I would advise not to wait for all 9 hits, but somewhere clipp on half way ...you will be pleasantly surprised ...
  12. Terremor New Player

Hello, i've tested all weapons, all combos, new doomspin is just do about same damage as other top combos, with 32k precision 200 strat card, 200 trans, 200, grim i got 52-62k dps, explosive shot does slightly more damage, 58-68k dps, but politics for might dpses is high risk- high reward right? all powers do more damge when they using melee LO, so i think u should buff all melee combos.
    Specialy weapons that uderperfoming, hand blast as example, ranged tap melee hold is a great combo, i like animation and sound effect, but it's useles couse it's doing like 35k aoe on 3 targets, and there is alot of good weapon combos that just not useble, if you want i can make a video.
    And to answer your question about megasmash/clober... welll megasmash not useble couse animation is too slow, adds probbably gonna be dead when u finish that combo, if you want ppl to use it, u should buff it more at least + 20% more, but again animation is TOOOO slow, and clobber is doing same damage as doomspin now, but it's not that comfortable, and short range, i mean you not damaging adds that behind you. So potentialy both those combos is underperfoming,
    No i don't think ppl gonna use other weapons/combos, well.... most of prec dpses switched to might( im sure 80% is nature lol), other precision ppl still gonna be using doomspin/smokebomb and obsidian chill fans gonna try one handed lol, but yea, eventually all precs gonna switch to might, even with not nerfed doomspinn some might powers was able to keep up with it, couse when you in real alert/raid, you need to do hold tap tap hold to start doing real damage, while might doing burst damage immediately. For example hardlight/earth melee do about same damage melee as not nerfed doomspin in real alert/raid, but do less damage on sparing target, you know what im talking about? thats couse of fast burst. So i think 44% is too much, 20-25% would be enough. And yes other weapons/combos to be useble need to be buffed even more than doodoo megasmash, and clobber.
    • Like x 1
  13. Control Creed Well-Known Player

How does Brawling Shuriken Storm WM fare?
  14. Illumin411 Loyal Player

In all honesty. i can’t even begin to describe the amount of restraint I’ve needed to muster up to not post screenshots from the forums in the weeks following the weapons pass. I have to continuously remind myself that it wouldn’t add anything positive or constructive and would only add negativity to the current scenario.
  15. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I do recall quite specifically "this is working as intended" coming up in regards to doom spin, but here nor there.

I've been doing a lot of live play comparison testing between doom spin and other things, and let's just say it's not as great now on live as people on the forums would lead you to believe. I think it could survive a drop by maybe 15-25% and still be viable, 44% says "we're trying to kill Precision as a playstyle" though.
    • Like x 2
  16. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Exactly, exactly and...exactly. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.