4th material slot

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jensu, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Jensu Well-Known Player

i know this is a long shot, but in the future i would love to have a 4th material slot...kinda like we have 4 color schemes
    • Like x 13
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Yes.
    • Like x 3
  3. Draconiano Committed Player

I mean...why just stop at 4? if they can add 1 more thay can add 2 o 3 more slots lol
    • Like x 2
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Dude...I was just thinking this last night. I know it would be a bit of a programming nightmare for the Devs...but this needs to happen. PLEASE!!!!!!!
    • Like x 2
  5. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Could be an issue with the system they have set up in the game. After all, it took a while for us to get the additional color slot.
    • Like x 1
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Programming/Performance issues. A fourth slot would open up a lot of possibilities....much like adding a 4th color slot did.
    • Like x 2
  7. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Idk anything about tech programing things but I would like this as well :). I hope it won't be a bloody nightmare for the devs to add one or a few more slots lol .
    • Like x 1
  8. Tenacity New Player

Adding something else to this, why can't all materials be added to sections of gear? I would love to have a Lava material that can be added to certain sections of gear :)
  9. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

This has been asked repeatedly since the very first material came out. Technical limitations prevent them from making that happen. The closest we can come to that kind of customization are the chroma materials. Yes, it's not quite the same as what you and countless others have asked for, but this is our reality.
    • Like x 1
  10. Jensu Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    here's my look with mostly ehanced with the temporal on face and back

[IMG]

and this one has the mix materials of black and bkue composite...i just could not add the temporal...im not asking for much just a 4th slot, i hope the devs see this and add it for us
  11. HL4LYFE Well-Known Player

an with the neon chromas they have shown we can get some kind of color choice in the chroma itself so they could figure something out for all the chromas we currently have, for instance the neculear chroma on deaths chest i want the heart to havethe materal an the rest is part of the 2 color choices, it is possible but if they do it is another thing entirely, if they do tho i expect them to throw it in stupid TC's again
  12. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Just because we "think they can" doesn't mean they actually can. Without any actual proof otherwise, i'll take their word that it isn't possible. I too want that level of customization, since I can't make it happen i'll take what I can get in the meanwhile (which is way more than what we had when I started playing over 9 years ago).
    • Like x 2
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

That's all I want too. I don't think it's "easy", but I wholeheartedly believe it would be a worthwhile endeavor.
  14. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Tbh I wish they would allow us to add 3 materials to the same piece of gear, yes that's right how theres different color spots on gear you should be able to apply a material to each section like you do colors.

This imo would be better then getting a 4th material slot
    • Like x 1
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They wanted that too but couldn't get it to work so they made Chromas.
    • Like x 2
  16. Apollonia Dedicated Player

That was only because it was a low priority to the Devs. They could add as many colour or material slots as they want without it being a technical issue. As long as they don't have to add channels to the existing styles it's not a lot of development work. The most work would probably be making space in the UI for the extra slots.
  17. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

if the add a 4th slot for materials PS4 & XBOX players will crash & catch on fire.
  18. willflynne 10000 Post Club

While that may be the case, here's the nagging little detail that could derail that:

We don't know.

We didn't build the system. We haven't added on to it over the lifespan of the game. We don't work/wrestle with it day in and day out. So we don't know where the pitfalls may be or what the limitations are unless the powers that be say something one way or the other.

Unless they say something, the best we can do is guess.
    • Like x 1
  19. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

While "guessing" towards a positive outcome is generally good, we should not fall into the "it probably isn't that hard" trap and start accusing them of not wanting to, or accusing fellow players from trying to stifle "good" ideas. Having said that, I truly hope this is something they can discuss for the near future (a certain Decade celebration is coming up...hint hint), that would greatly open up for customization possibilities. To make it clear, i'm speaking about a 4th Material Option Slot in the vein of the 4th color slot (not something more complicated than that).
  20. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Devs: 2+2=4
    Community: Does anyone know the answer to 2+2?
    Me: 2+2=4
    You: But we don't know that unless they tell us.
    Me: ...

"We" do know because the Devs have been explaining their system and how it works in enough detail over the years to understand it if you are familiar with similar and have been paying attention. That was the information I just explained to you and you replied to.

I know you mean well, and after your years playing, you're trying to take a seniority role in the community by being a buffer between the daily forum trolls and the Devs, but try to remember that because some information may not mean anything to you personally, doesn't mean it doesn't exist at all or that it doesn't mean something to someone else with a different education, profession, or experiences. In practice what you're effectively doing is gatekeeping suggestions by preemptively shooting them down, filtering, censoring and discouraging suggestions from the community based on your own limited perspective as a player. This has always been a problem on this forum though -- not directed exclusively at you.

Let people make their suggestions. There's no need to chime in and tell people what is and isn't do-able (unless you're literally relaying an answer from a Dev on the topic) when most people chiming in aren't knowledgable enough to make judgements like that. At this point there should actually be a FAQ at the top of the forum that covers an up-to-date list of common questions/answers/requests etc and the official replies to them that could be easily referred to by people in the community. It's the community manager's and Dev's responsibility to look at an idea and decide on its merit and do-ability. Shutting down feature requests and suggestions like this skews and manipulates community perception of these suggestions though, and can interfere with their visibility to the Devs.
    • Like x 2