Test Discussion Dual Wield Flurry Shot Update

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Batuba, Jul 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zNot Loyal Player

I fully agree with that sentence. You guys definetly got it right. But i do have to say that Nature might should get a similar treatment aswell (nerf)i hope you can look into how powerfull Might nature is. Thanks for listening.
  2. gemii Dedicated Player

I learned how to flurry shot in 5 minutes...the only thing that might of taken practice is if you wanted to be the best gadgets prec. Outside of that what is there to really practice? How to time your jump cancel? It’s not that hard to get your 4 ticks tap x and repeat.

There are players 4 - 5 manning your latest elite contents with even tanks doing flurry shot while trying to beat time records on YouTube. It looks like it has a lot to do with balance.
    • Like x 5
  3. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I appreaciate that attempt on balance. When an overall weapon balance is possible, could you also consider changing some combo recasting timers?

For Example Brawling has a pretty good single target Weapon Mastery combo, however it doesnt feel as good doing multiple combos one after another unless you overclip it with a Might attack. There is a very small delay between combos.
    This is besides the damage another reason most people use Flurry shot.
    Due to the clippable animitaion it has a much better attack flow.
    • Like x 1
  4. Roocck Committed Player

Than you for fixing flury shot, doomspin next?
    • Like x 2
  5. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

The thing that really annoys me about Doomspin is that the cross weapon version from brawling does way, WAY less damage.
    • Like x 1
  6. spack2k Steadfast Player

ok a meta change is long overdue, this keeps the game also interesting for some but u should look into nature its dps next else the game will turn into a nature show.
    • Like x 2
  7. nawanda Loyal Player

This is the best post I’ve ever seen from Mepps.

Obscene.
    • Like x 1
  8. Berza Committed Player

I am not sure that a player can reduce a 25% the casting time of the FS by just jump canceling after the 3th tick. But we are losing a 25% of the damage. So I seriously doubt the damage per second loss isnt too much. After an intense test on live, I found I was losing about a 20% of my damage per second.
    And this is taking away the skill-factor because jump canceling between the 4th tick and the dovetail is way harder than doing it after the 3rd. Almost every bad Prec DPS fails by clipping too fast so they miss the 4th tick. This will not only make good dps lose damage, but it will drag a lot more of people to the FS because it will be easier to use.
    • Like x 1
  9. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

If it showed middle fingers too I bet thered be a ton of them. Lmao PFftttt.
    • Like x 3
  10. Draconiano Committed Player

Nerf callers wins? whatever, I'm not going to switch to might I have been using flurry shot since day 1 and I will keep using it. I don't really see the point in nerfing it now since a good might dps can be as good as a prec dps.
  11. nawanda Loyal Player

Honestly mate, I accept nobody wants to read that their play style is being nerfed, but this sentence is compete nonsense.
    • Like x 5
  12. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

lmao so it begins.
  13. Draconiano Committed Player

I guess you haven't seen a good might dps in a while, I have a few in my league that are always above me in damage.
    • Like x 1
  14. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Overall, this is a decent change, and My build didn’t even mandate me to jump clip anyway, so my damage won’t change that much, if at all.
    Secondly, this has made the combo drastically easier since the fourth tick is what made the combo more skill intensive. This change will also make one specific power the meta for prec, and probably has ruined others in the process.

These nerf threads are going to continue because the players that have been getting out dpsed will continue to be on the lower spectrum of damage, because flurry was never the main problem in the first place
    • Like x 2
  15. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Yep, excluding a rage dps with consistent bezerks, nature produces the highest dmg in the game
  16. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Considering that most flurry users weren’t consistently getting the fourth tick anyway, this isn’t going to change the scorecard experience for the ones who screamed for a flurry adjustment lol.
    • Like x 1
  17. nawanda Loyal Player

Then they are 10/10 might DPSes and you’re far from a 10/10 prec DPS.

The only thing that competes with the best prec DPSes is people using the nature Gemini glitch.

You can’t see what goes on in elite raids in this game and cogently argue that flurry shot isn’t out of kilter with every other option.
    • Like x 2
  18. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Dooms
    pin is a melee attack whereas DWFS is range and pouring a lot of damage from RANGE. Why would you want Doomspin nerfed lol
    That is something I was curious about. Why? It doesn't make sense lol
  19. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Excatly, besides melee st attacks, there’s literally no other viable single target options lol. I guess it’s the same for might too in a sense, since they’re forced to use heat vision, well, most powers at least
  20. ALB Dedicated Player

This is to help promote the new might artifact. Wish the devs would have atleast waited for the damage might st is getting with the new artifact before any changes. Right now, ingame, nature, gadgets, and HL st is on the same level as DW st. Gad, rage, and elec st prec are the only powers that dw st is op with. Guess we will see what happens next
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.