Time Capsule Ultra rare drops

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by lllStrichcodelll, Nov 15, 2019.

1. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Since you wont get anywhere by complaining or hating in the Forums:

*lubes up*

Can you please not attach feats to Ultra rare Drops such as Neon Chroma box? :);)

Or make it at least consistent by attaching feats to all the other Ultra rare Drops of Prior Time capsules.

[IMG]
    • Like x 8
  2. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

I agree 100 percent! I also say the same for the OP items with their atrocious dumb collection drop rate! Im all for ultra rare stuff..don’t tie progression to it!
    • Like x 6
  3. Brit Loyal Player

Do I dislike the terrible drop rates? Yes.

Do I want these things to be more attainable? Yes.

Do I think that the feats should be removed? Of course not.

Seriously, more feats is ALWAYS better. With every new Episode, the total skill points required to complete your role increases by 10. The Episode itself will then introduce around 10 skill points worth of feats. But if some of those feats remain out of your reach, if you're not able to get a group smart enough or motivated enough that all 8 people are willing to do X Task, the game kindly provides skill points through other means. You can get other new feats from Seasonals and Time Capsules to make up the difference and keep you on track. The whole system in place allows you to skip massive chunks of the content and still be fine. If you don't want to ever touch a time capsule, you can still be able to max out your in-role skill points without using time capsules. There are more than enough. The guy beside you might use the time capsules, and does it so that he can skip out on PvP. Or Legends PvE. Or Elite Raiding. Or whatever.

"Remove the path of skill points I don't like, so that you can force the people who do that to have to play my way." That is not a good mission statement for the game.

If you don't want the feat, then it's really easy to not get it. But they shouldn't remove them as options for other people. Heavens knows, when I finally managed to save up the 5K quarks it took for me to get a Void Material, I did it because I wanted it, but that was such a huge investment of time and energy farming Source Marks and converting them to Quarks that I totally felt like I deserved that 50 point feat. Removing feats just because they are difficult to obtain is not the proper response.

If they want to add more feats, even retroactively, I'll never complain about having more options, because the more options there are, the more stuff becomes optional and the less you have to venture into what you don't enjoy. But removing feats will always be a terrible idea.

Let everybody play their own way, and if that's not the part of the game you enjoy, you can skip it, but there's no reason to remove it from everybody else.
    • Like x 2
  4. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Honestly the ultra rare....is well ultra rare and that alone is good enough for most people. It didnt need a feat, but the revenue was too tempting to pass up. Thats why we are having crazy inflated prices for the chromas in game. The measly 25 point feat is merely there to rope in the feat completionists that usually dont NEED to necessarily get the ultra rare to be happy.
    • Like x 6
  5. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I might be a minority on this but I don't like Super Rare stuff. I do find it's waste of resources and money. How much time does the creative team put in to create something to only where .001% really get to enjoy.

I know someone who does art and they said it does take a lot of work. If I was an artist, I think I want to people to have and enjoy, again that's just me.
    • Like x 13
  6. Stardazer Committed Player

THIS!! Like, if I spent money and time creating a really creative item for a game I would want as many people to be enjoying that. What the heck is the point if only like 1 in 100 players have it?!

I understand if the "super rare" item is earned through game completion, such as the Survival Mode or whatever, because you worked hard for it. But when the "super rare" item is locked behind a paywall and RNG, it's so pointless.
    • Like x 7
  7. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

Pretty much. It's especially bad when it's the "first" of something, like when chromas were introduced. When less people get the new, flashy item that took a lot of development time, less spills out to social media and shows off the new tech/graphics. At this point in time there is only 1 neon chroma on the DCUO hashtag.

Going back to the OP, I was surprised to see the feat for the ultrarare when a leaguemate pointed it out. Something that limited should not have a feat. How many previous ultra rares do you see out there in the wild? This might be OK if they release to the quark vendor faster. Those are still a significant grind, but still better than random.
    • Like x 5
  8. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i'd be more than willing to give up all the skill points i've accumulated from time capsules if the result was a permanent removal of feats in them. i get why this won't happen but it would certainly make for a more exciting marketplace if i could just buy those materials and emblems and style i wanted while leaving the rest to other players who find use for them.

take the cosmic material as an example. the booster bundle brought in a quick surplus of cash. i myself budget all these things at a baseline I deem "minimal". If i remember correctly I spent about 30-40 bucks on that bundle. I got one from saving up loyalty points. Super lucky me scored one on box somewhere in between (either box # 2 or 3) and I managed to get two more playing the boker (each one of those was purchased for about 20 mil and i later sold one of them for something like 50 mil to buy later time capsule stuff on the broker).

i've always kicked myself for letting that mat go. If anything I need at least one more than that so the characters I want to have it have it.

If it was available on the broker I would have bought it for the toons I have that must have it and at this point years later all of my toons would have received it as well.

All those collections we've been opening time capsules for should be scattered in content as sparkly little gold question marks we find and farm during gameplay with their own rewards...which could be anything from the usual base items, marks. How about attaching some of those additionals we grind marks for as rewards even going as far a keeping one final collection as a purchasable vendor item to complete it. Pretty sure this would add some life to running content. Put some of the collections in our reward chests.

anyway i hit my "stabilizer budget" for the next few weeks. I came close to finishing nothing...but i did seem to get stuck in a loop with some of the rarer blues. some cash was made...

if nothing we really need a happier game.
    • Like x 1
  9. MYDAMAGE OP New Player

Just do it now before it gets too late make it fair to wear every 50 capsules you open you have a choice between Which rare collection you want to grab and it should allow you to get all three or two of the rarest collections whatever comes out of the time capsule
  10. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I think it’s a pretty safe bet that the change they made to the Harlequin Chroma feat a week in to the BOP capsule was a permanent pivot away from attaching a feat to the ultra rare drop. It speaks to how sure they were that that was the right thing to do that they were willing to take on the inevitable backlash over the timing of the change from people who spent considerable resources to obtain the chroma for the feat. I can’t imagine they’d backtrack on that now.
    • Like x 2
  11. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

There is only one capsule that has a feat attached to actually collecting the ultra rare. They tried it a second time with the Harley Chroma but changed the feat to opening a certain amount of TCs rather than forcing you to buy or keep opening TCs to collect the item. Hopefully we never see feats attached to those items again
  12. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

They didnt "try" it a second time. (Officially). Mepps stated that it was an oversight on their end. They would even change the Neon Chroma Feat if it wouldnt cause a massive backlash of some players regarding the amount of resources watsed only to get that Feat.

So its a guarantee that this wont happen again unless they change the way of how to obtain the rarest drop of a TC. (unless its another oversight. Then it would get changed again asap)