Test Discussion Strategist Card - Artifact Update

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Batuba, Jul 15, 2020.

1. generalzod Committed Player

I have no numbers i recorded, i like to see what others come up with. but it seems to be a nice buff so far compared to live player with same might. @ LT yes i hope this don't get derailed. It's a buff that should happen and no nurffing prec, let prec live. leave it be how it is its fine. The bump on strat will increase might aoe, and if u get creative will increase single target. well hoping to see numbers to make sure its where it needs to be forsure??

• Like x 1
  2. Batuba Developer

It was increased by approximately 10%. I'm curious to know not just how they compare, but how this artifact performs in general.
    • Like x 1
  3. generalzod Committed Player

Wondering tho how you come up with 10% if before this the prec from strat cards tested double? Now im not saying it should of been % 50 bump . but why such the discrepancy? and 10% will even it out ?

4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Just because that’s how you want to play doesn’t mean it should be forced down everyone throat. Flurry shot does not need to be nerfed like everyone keeps crying about. There are powers that can do as much damage as prec. So instead of nerfed everything just because they beat you (which let’s be honest. This is all this is about) why not buff other powers.

If you think that prec is THAT much stronger than might than the issue is your loadout.

The fact that you think k a prec dps only needs a buff and flurry shot shows how little you know about dpsing and I hope the devs never listen to your advice.
    • Like x 3
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I don’t think it actually needed that much of a change. 10% might be all it needs. I’ll try to get on test at some point today. Basically all this change is for us to make the might procs even with the prec procs.
    • Like x 1
  6. generalzod Committed Player

Yeah thanks i was thinking the same because might going to have alot more procs of the dots. Great point !
  7. zNot Loyal Player

Im more experienced then you trust me on that im a Top prec dps i know how it was before flurry shot dont come here acting that you will be outdpsing any top player with flurry shot while you are using a might power (non-nature) on elite content im open enough to say might and prec should be equal just because you dont want it to get nerfed or balanced doesnt mean i have to do so. Explain why all elite speedruns are using prec dps or nature might dpses? Once you answer this we can talk about facts.
    • Like x 1
  8. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Because that would make might op. The way that prec scales is the reason why it’s working the way it is with strat, that same scaling is the reason why prec is so weak, and doesn’t really have that many options for dpsing
    • Like x 1
  9. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

You’re a top prec dps but ignorant to how flurry actually works.... definitely believable. You guys complain about flurry so much instead of complaining about doomspin, which is what’s actually op
    • Like x 1
  10. gemii Dedicated Player

5 players using heat vision vs 5 players using flurry shot mastery is like comparing a canoe to a yatch.

The margin for error is quite larger with might dps there is no luxury of just jump canceling around the room tap holding triangle while avoiding mechanics and still melting a boss.

There’s a reason when you look in LFG players shout for precision dps in brand new elite content especially ones that require damage check like of recent DME.

What went down In survival mode alone should shut down any precision vs might debate and If they were to release another survival mode at this very moment how do you think it plays out. I’d bet my account it would be a repeat of a flurry shot party
    • Like x 1
  11. zNot Loyal Player

I
    i know doomspin but thats not being spammed by 5 dpses in a boss fight (in Elite) also aoe isnt a issue ST is a big thing in elite raids and these bosses are mainly About ST.
  12. gemii Dedicated Player

Doomspin is out of whack as well

Fix flurry shot, doomspin, nature might and this game would be in a better spot. Not even so much from a balanced perspective but from a difficulty perspective. Day one elite content would not be getting completed as easily as it does on live
    • Like x 2
  13. gemii Dedicated Player

Also we have to stop derailing this thread with the prec vs might stuff we can create our own thread else where for it and discuss
    • Like x 3
  14. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Facts...
  15. AV Loyal Player

This is an interesting change that makes Strat more of a viable "one-size-fits-all" artifact in that it's now passable for ST while not competing for BiS (which is shouldn't, since it's already BiS for AoE). That said, I'm wondering what the intent is here. Since Strat is already one of, if not the strongest AoE artifact, this change feels unnecessary to me. Granted, it improves the marketability of the arti and makes it a good choice for those who can't invest the Nth into separate multiple sets but still want to be universally geared to an acceptable degree.
    • Like x 1
  16. triloos New Player

I think it was necessary, especially for ST.
    I'm a gadget dps, theoretically I need trans, strat and EoG/tetrahedron for AoE, and Trans, Grim and solar amplifier for ST. I think it's too much 5 art for just one role. Maybe now I can use successfully strat card with ST, I hope so.
    In my opinion, since the price for one art, and since the second role for power, 3 arts for role should suffice...
  17. Roocck Committed Player

Hopefully doomspin is next.
  18. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

I don’t even know if it’s necessary anymore with strat being buffed
  19. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

This art is op anyway, there’s nothing competing with this art during aoe dmg, especially not after the buff
  20. Belthazur Dedicated Player

I Currently Run
    DPS-Transformation, Grimm & Scrap
    Troll-Rao, Scrap, Power Harness.
    Would the Strat card Benefit me and if so What would i replace?