Perfect Poise/ Dash Attack

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by MrTempoe, Jun 14, 2020.

1. MrTempoe New Player

It would be nice to see a change to dash attack so that it was more like perfect poise. Myself and quite a few other tanks that use Gemini find ourselves switching to acrobatics because poise is more reliable than dash attack. It’s unfortunate that Poise isn’t effected by being CC’d or knocked out of your movement mode but Dash attack is.
    • Like x 3
  2. Malivic01 Active Player

I completely agree with this statement.

The devs should really consider adding a perfect poise equivalent as an iconic power.

This would allow players to use whatever movement the prefer, especially as a dps, without needing to be acrobatics to utilize the most convenient and efficient movement mode supercharge.

I personally don't enjoy dps role as acrobatics. Feels too slow. However I do enjoy perfect poise.

I understand why dash attack wouldn't work as flight and ,vice versa, why dust off wouldn't work as superspeed.

However, perfect poise seems like it could easily work with every movement mode.

Devs should really consider making it an iconic.

Would be easy enough to implement and would allow the tanks in the game more freedom and enjoyment in making their toons and playing both dps and tank role

Fyi sorry for bad punctuation...phone
    • Like x 1
  3. Miike Fury Well-Known Player

100% agreed!
  4. MrTempoe New Player

Glad to see others feel the same. Hopefully it gets the devs attention.
  5. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

It shouldn’t be changed, super speed already has superior dps abilities, why give it something else that would advance it beyond other movement modes? If a change like this was made, there would be no reason to choose acrobatics over super speed since it would be superior in every way
    • Like x 1
  6. MrTempoe New Player

Then they should do the same for poise with abilities for dps
    • Like x 2
  7. Siramez Well-Known Player

acrobatics and super speed have really good abilties, well superspeed for adds and single target but acrobatics has the best single target abilities (using those with nature is really good).
  8. L T Devoted Player

Not even close. Zip Tie and Grapple Line only do about the same damage as Tesla Blast or some other low cost single target ability, but they have longer cool downs.

Tornado Pull does a ton more damage, costs less power and has a way shorter cool down.
  9. Professor Zoom Well-Known Player

10. gofeezy New Player

Dash atk shouldnt be so effected by cc and movement disable. Heck you cant even use it in shattered gotham.
    • Like x 1