Why are electric healers so power hungry?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aesthete, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Aesthete Well-Known Player

As a controller, I always seem to struggle keeping up with their power consumption, yet never face this problem with other healing powers.

For instance, there could be two healers in my raid but only the electric healer struggles to maintain power. Even the other roles in my raid have no problem with power consumption. I don't believe my trolling abilities are the problem when this situation ALWAYS happen whenever there's an electric healer present.
  2. Tilz Loyal Player

Electric Healers might tend to spam Arc whenever it's off cooldown or spam BioCap once it's of cooldown.

As an Electric healer you have to know WHEN you actually have to heal. You don't really use HoTs, so burst is the way.
    Because of that ppl might overheal Pretty fast and not just when it's really needed.

At least that's how it was in the past when I played :D

Never (even when elec was bad) had power issues with elec
    • Like x 4
  3. Schimaera Devoted Player

I second that. When I'm not healing in raids, I see healers using powers all the time while the group is at full health. There can be a controller shield on everyone and yet some healers still clip three powers with one another.
    Especially for a burst heal power with electricity, this becomes fatal.
    • Like x 3
  4. Muadeeb2069 Level 30

In my experience electric has always been power hungry. Healers cause electric is burst heals. Not very good with Heal Over Time.
    • Like x 1
  5. Stardazer Committed Player

This is an issue I have when I play electric healing, too. I've gotten better at it over time, but because it lacks HoT and is burst heal, I have the tendency to keep throwing heals just being scared someone might take a big hit and die. With HoT powers like Nature, I do much better because I know the pheromones are still giving heals and it's easier to refresh with Flourish.
  6. L T Devoted Player

I play electric healing all the time. The only reason I can think of why Electric could possibly be power hungry is you don't have any skill points. I clip range attacks with arc lightning and clip that with a priority heal all the time and my power bar literally never moves.

How are you all specced? Are you using the orb artifact?
    • Like x 1
  7. gemii Dedicated Player

Because your constantly reacting to the players health bars since electric is a burst heal. You don’t really have access to a HOT outside of strategist card or electrogensis which is a 1 man heal.

They should change electrogensis and make it work like waters 8 man shield. I’m not saying make it a shield but make it a weak and temporary 8 man HOT
    • Like x 1
  8. travelingtheory Well-Known Player

Them even being healers feels like a leftover product of times when A healers were in short demand and B they had not modified content so you can run most stuff 3 dps and a tank.
  9. Elusian Crowd Control

Electric can faceroll the loadout back to back. Basically anything and everything clips with each other. Other powersets have certain blockades or mechanism that stop the spammer in their facerolling (Savage Growth, Admonish, etc.). Also the burst requires to learn to react when to use your power, you just cant spam blind and hope the HoT is going to compensate for your lack of knowledge. People fail at those unfamiliar with content/game/powerset and end up being spammy and making Elec look like it uses a lot of power even though it doesnt in the right hands.
    • Like x 1
  10. travelingtheory Well-Known Player

People get used to spamming high priority heals from events where they run with people who need to be over healed because they stand in the fire,
  11. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Am I the only one here actually using Galvanize as a response heal?
  12. Berza Committed Player

I use it as a response heal. I only preuse shields, or Bio-Cap if I am not sure I had built enough PoD stacks or if there is a big hit coming. Also, as Elusian pointed above, I use only beneficial powers, so I can clip my entire loadout from right to left and from left to right. I run Galvanize, Invigorate, Bio Surge, Bio Cap, Flux and Group Transducer. And I rarely run out of power. And if I do I use my soder, my supplies, sidekick and the Vitalization pet from Summer event. I don't run Omegahedron and I only run Demon's Fang in a battle healer setup to increase my precision and my restoration, as Fang is the artifact with the highest restoration in the game.
    • Like x 2
  13. Controller Devoted Player

When I see this I just go into Battery Mode...popping Group Shields, using my Power Soder artifact, try to spam power reasonably and try to position my toon near the healer for my supply drops.

I'll even use the Compound Soder to boost my Vit as well.
  14. Hawk Active Player

They're overhealing and don't know how to manage their power. I'm electric and barely use any power. Other than that, they probably don't have base mods or SP.
    • Like x 5
  15. TurbulenceDCUO Well-Known Player

If a player knows what they are doing with electric its actually very power efficient. What I've noticed when trolling is that an electric healer will still clip with the priority and have the orb artifact. Old school electric heals clipped everything but with the creation of the orb that's not a good idea anymore. The best electric heals in the game have either adapted their playstyle or dont use the orb at all.
    • Like x 1
  16. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

I trolled VMF alert and this heal was Electric and just terrible had all wrong artifacts on and one of them was a DPS Artifact lol.

There Augments were all low 120s and I'm sure low SP to and besides being extremely power hungry a big Tell sign a healer doesn't know what there doing is when you drop your supply drop near them and they Avoid it like wtf lol.
    • Like x 2
  17. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

My guess, as others have so lightly put it, those electric healers are unsure of how to properly heal, or perhaps maintain their own power.

I have an electric healer, and rare times I'll be running low on power, but I refill with supply or cola.

Personally, I'll keep my biocap running, electrogenesis running, and then 2x weapon combo clipped to galvanize. I only hit Arc when the tank needs a bigger boost, clipped with group heal. I have zero issues healing elite content.
    • Like x 1
  18. Black Jaq Devoted Player

That is the proper way to use it. Galvanize doesn't echo off a player unless that player needs to be healed.
    • Like x 1
  19. Black Jaq Devoted Player

This, exactly. I despise the Orb because many players may use their instant heal to clip another power, regardless of power set. It's how we played back in the day. Sorcery always clipped Circle with the instant and I still do it. Players have to be more selective with it because of the Orb.

I also suspect in the OPs case that the healer is pre-healing, unnecessarily using Biocapacitor and Galvanize, but could also be spamming Recover to build stacks.
  20. travelingtheory Well-Known Player

Well lets take clocktower event, I actually saw a full wipe last night when oracle bot pulled because people stood in the fire, expecting the healer to cover it. They dont know how hard healers break their ***** to keep them up after a one shot takes them to zero. I pop resto barrels even when im dps.
    • Like x 1