Dcuo on Nintendo switch

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Shiftyy, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Shiftyy New Player

Just a quick question, is the game active? Obviously there isn't crossplay like ps4/pc, but does the Nintendo population have decent numbers? Don't wanna waste my money on membership if it isn't
  2. Shiftyy New Player

3. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

It doesn't have high numbers. You're best bet is to join a league. However once and if crossplay happens, I'm switching back to Switch.
  4. Brit Loyal Player

No. The Switch numbers are less than impressive. Population has a spiraling effect, so because there are fewer people, the queues take longer and it's harder to run things. Since the queues take longer and it's harder to run things, more people leave, which leaves even fewer people, and so it continues.

To give you a benchmark of comparison.

On USPC/USPS I can queue up for Stabilizers and have the queue pop within 5 seconds, basically any time day or night.

On Nintendo Switch, I queued up for Stabilizers, and then proceeded to run all three BoP dailies to completion without seeing a pop. On four characters. During the fifth character, it finally popped. This had been about 40ish minutes.

When it can regularly take over 30 minutes to find ONE other player on the game who is willing to run a 90 second free instance that is so easy it is failure-proof and that grants you free stuff that otherwise costs money from the marketplace, that should be an indication that the population is being measured in the dozens, rather than the thousands.
    • Like x 1
  5. Shiftyy New Player

Damn well that's disappointing. Was lookin forward to getting into the game again but on a handheld device :/
  6. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

You'd best check it out for yourself. If you're in a good league, the overall population of the game doesn't really matter that much unless you're into standing around in the watchtower looking at other players.

I was running solo on the Switch for the longest time and the lack of members to cue for instances really bothered me. Then I decided to join a league and found that it was a whole different world. Always more than enough people to do the things you need to do. And always plenty of people who need help running things if you have nothing to do. (The league community is fairly insular and prefers to run with league-mates or with members of other leagues before entering a "pug" cue. I honestly haven't pugged an event since joining)

My advice, download it and give it a try. You have nothing to lose, it's free. Before you subscribe, get to know the community and the different leagues. It won't be hard to do as there really is only one good villain league and two good hero leagues. If you think it's your cup of tea, subscribe. If not, don't.
    • Like x 1
  7. Void cell Well-Known Player

Not gonna lie. Farming lpve while pooping is next level. Pc vet for years... started on switch at launch. Haven’t looked back.
    • Like x 1
  8. Sharkplug New Player

Just don't main a villain. You'll feel like Dr. Manhattan.
    • Like x 1
  9. Shiftyy New Player

Would any of y'all be able to tell me the leagues on switch? Not really any chatter on switch and I'm not used to it. Last time I played on ps4 lfg trade shout and 5v5 chat always had activity. No one types on switch
  10. Shiftyy New Player

Aww
    But I've always been a villain since 2012 on ps3 :( Hall of doom > Watchtower
  11. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

Keep in mind this is just my opinion and in no way a knock on any other existing leagues on the Nintendo Switch server.

However, regarding the villain side, Onepieced is really the only league in existence. On the hero side, the two biggest leagues are LEGION and Six Figures. You may not run into members of these leagues while randomly queing into instances, but you'll definitely see many of them in the Watchtower.

Each has its own identity, their own way of doing things and league politics. My suggestion? Join the league that best suits your needs game wise. (Pvp, Old content, Feat Hunting etc.) Also, regarding your usual gaming hours... do you like the players from that league that game the same time as you? I actually think that last part is extremely important. No point running with a bunch of people you don't get along with.

Anyway, hope that was helpful.

Also.... people on Switch don't really use LFG or Trade. Everyone just shouts.
  12. diangelo Level 30

I’ve ONLY played on Switch so I don’t have anything in the way of other versions to compare it to.

I can say that if it’s a normal time. (Let’s say 6pm-2am eastern) I rarely wait longer than 2 min for stabilizer. And that’s at the deadest times. Normally it’s under a min.

Granted that’s not as good as the 5 seconds. BUUUUT stuff isn’t insanely expensive in the broker either.

Villain side is dead. (Or it was 3 months ago when I first started. Not sure about now)

But on there hero side there is some talk in the LFG tab.

Best bet is to find a quality league of course.