Fix your game!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Bobby Paul, May 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wallachia Devoted Player

This argument is flawed for one reason: I am not claiming to speak in the name of anyone but myself, he is, when he says "We" repeatedly.

You can claim that when I disagree with him I am speaking for others, but, reductio ao absurdum, this would only mean that nobody would ever be able to disagree with anyone, specially in this case.

I never even began doing such. This is a false accusation.

Now this is just too confusing.

Like you falsely accusing me of speaking in the name of others. So yes, in that, we agree.

If you read all my previous posts in here to the point of quoting those parts, then there is no how you missed the part where I said I agree with him and acknowledge that the game is indeed lagging, even if the lag I felt was smaller than the lag other people had. That, by itself, invalidates your claim that I am not agreeing with the guy. What is being criticized here is his stance of speaking in the name of others. About the rest, other people have approached it and, as I said, the thread was already reported.
  2. Hellclown127! Well-Known Player

I'm sorry but, at this point. Does anyone expect the summer seasonal to be playable? That many people, while yes divided by phases, the lag will be unreal. The game needs to be revamped from the ground, up.

Powers and specific abilities are broken and don't work properly. When asked about it we get the "game coding" excuse and are told, it CAN NOT BE FIXED. Even though the powers were reportedly broken immediately after revamp.

I have stayed loyal to Mental and still will but the problems with the game that are being addressed by the community (AKA Shazam-SGE, PvP, multitudes of others) are not and haven't been fixed for years.

Rant over sorry people.
    • Like x 4
  3. Zneeak Devoted Player

Point still stands, he's voicing frustration shared by many others regarding the insane lag-issues. Twist the OP in whatever way that makes your quarantine days go by faster. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  4. dcuotoo Well-Known Player

you should watch some when you gently ask them to wear masks during the plague...
  5. Wallachia Devoted Player

If you are a clairvoyant to guess my reasons, please guess the lottery numbers.

Look, I get it. We all have lag, nobody likes the lag, it's annoying, it`s frustrating, it`s a lot of stuff. But I am still not wrong here and that has nothing to do with TwIsTiNg Op'S WoRdS or anything.

I am going to be wise and stop posting in this thread, because, quite frankly, defending something wrong because he is saying something right won`t make him less wrong, it will just make him a convenient motor to fuel your own expressions.

Yes, he is right about the lag. But I refuse to be part of this "we" he refers to.

Have fun. I am out.
  6. Zneeak Devoted Player

You're resorting to petty nitpicking over the word "We", that is all you are doing here. Did he really truly offend you in such a way where you actually felt dragged into something? Lol. Ok, sucks that you like lag, I guess. I hope this thread doesn't remove that for you?? :rolleyes:

Like I said, whatever makes your quarantine days go by faster. Have fun keeping the Derail train choo choo'ing, others will keep discussing the ACTUAL point of the thread, being the ACTUAL troublesome Lag that after being unavoidably present for a month or so is still an ACTUAL issue being present.
    • Like x 3
  7. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I got no problem with PVPers, yall are completely justified in opening up threads and complaining about PVP. There's no direction and doesn't appear to be any care given for that side of the game, an update for PVP's also been long overdue.

However, when it comes down an issue like lag that's affecting PVE and the rest of the game: They've at least given some updates here and there(albeit not directly like an announcement) to reassure that it's being worked on.

So on the PVP side: Yall got no updates coming on when yall's stuff is getting fixed, complaining is justified.

On the Lag side: There's some reassurance they are trying to track it down and get it resolved.

I've already seen it. The Daily Show had a clip of it so to speak that I saw on twitter.

The Mask only take a few seconds to put on, get your groceries, and take it back off. I don't care if someone's telling me "It's taking away our freedom" I'm going to view it as that person being petty.

However, people complaining about the lag isn't even close to that same ball-park of being petty. The lag isn't something people can resolve by themselves like they can with a mask; but if you got reassurance over the lag issue... is it really necessary to say you and all your buddies'll quit the game over it?
    • Like x 1
  8. RoBotkin Well-Known Player

We won't get an answer- that would require transparency and/or communication with the players, something you generally don't find on these forums unless it's a thread about forum avatars.
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Our ISP experienced DDoS attacks this weekend. They (and we) mitigate these as best we can, and this weekend was quite bad.

Edit: This was unrelated to the hardware-induced lag we experienced with the last game update.
    • Like x 5
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

That sucks. Yeah DDoS is the worst. We appreciate (I do at least) the heads up.
  11. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

This was a result of a DDoS attack. Not really something that the devs plan on getting. This was entirely out of their control and they got the servers back up in a reasonable amount of time. Perhaps instead of being rude and insulting, it would be a better option to ask WHY it is happening, because this doesn't make you look very good.
    • Like x 1
  12. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

You weren't asked if you have friends. You were asked who elected you to speak on their behalf.

If you haven't been so elected, you can speak only for yourself. And you undercut anything you say by trying to claim to speak for all players or an unnamed "we." It's a pointless distraction from anything you want to communicate.

As witness.
    • Like x 1
  13. Malivic01 Active Player

I assume the summer seasonal will play just fine.

And not sure how long it's been since you last ran SGe, but SGE, Shazaam cog and 50% madness feat, all of that's works just fine too.
  14. Magnificent Loyal Player

Thanks for the update. It might help if you all were to put this information out sooner though (like once you discover it).
  15. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

They're probably unlikely to want to announce it publicly unless they feel forced, so as not to encourage any attackers with public recognition or to let them know they're succeeding.

Obviously, if the attacks are successful enough, the company feels it's better to explain, but they're unlikely to do so before the pain is otherwise highly visible already and their hand is forced.

To be sure, I could misunderstand; I have no inside information.
    • Like x 1
  16. Darth Piper Loyal Player

As much as we'd like that to be disclosed right away, there are security and legal reasons for not doing so until sufficient data are gathered. If you're trying to catch the actual source of the problem you can't let everyone know that you're onto them because then they'll just simply stop the attack for now and start again in a day or two, maybe a week. When they resume the attack they will take additional steps to mask themselves.

Unfortunately, computer and network security is a nasty game of cat and mouse. Pounce too soon and you may resolve the immediate problem but you stand to have a bigger one later. Plus, anyone who works in the IT industry knows that Security and Ease-of-Use are inversely proportional.
    • Like x 1
  17. Magnificent Loyal Player

If it's something like the login server got waterholed or someone set up a MITM scenario then there can indeed be (and likely are) a security issue or five around not mentioning it immediately, but depending on what was compromised then there may well be a legal reason TO disclose the infraction ASAP (if account information was accessed, for example).

I've worked in IT for over 20 years, there are no legal reasons holding them back from telling customers they have been getting hit with a DDoS and very little in the way of compromising security. Why? Because a DDoS is not an attempt to gain entry but rather just a brute force attempt to shut a site down by "zerging" it with more data than it can compensate for. This is most often done through bots (computers and servers which have been compromised through their lax security) and those bots are considered expendable (when a hacker -or hackers- start off a DDoS they know there is a high probability that their bot will be exposed and then black-listed in order to shut down their spamming).

This is not the first time DCUO has been hit with an attack (DDoS or otherwise, see: Back From The Hack feat) and each time when it's happened in the past we have been proactively informed (at least to the best of my recollection and knowledge).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.