Convince me ....

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by jpharrah1010, Apr 30, 2020.

1. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Gimme a good reason for max out the kandor cola.. currently I’m on the second to last step before it’s maxed

It never partially fills my health

The boost is hardly enough time to make a difference

If there is any other good reason I’m all ears
  2. Isif Committed Player

It is infinite. Previously, before entering raids/alerts, it was a pain to make sure that you had a good supply of soders. At max level it is just as good as any other soder, if not better (Been using Kandor since it came out, so I don't remember exactly). Boost is minimal. It is really a "quality of life" item.
    • Like x 8
  3. Draconiano Committed Player

It's the best artifact of the game.
    • Like x 5
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's the best PvE consumable in the game if you aren't using the traditional stat buff Soders.

What you're getting now versus max rank:

79% versus 90% of Max Power to Self
    79% versus 90% of Max Health to Self

[Control Role] Restores 3% versus 5% of Max Power to the group
    [Damage Role] +1% Might and Precision for 5s versus 8s - Group
    [Healer Role] Restores 3% versus 5% of Max Health to the group
    [Tank Role] Absorb Damage up to 5% versus 8% of Max Health to the group
    • Like x 5
  5. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

For me anyway Lsif hits on the perfect benefit of this...….. I have the thing maxed out on my main and I can not remember when I had to buy a soda. It provides you with the same, or better(not sure at the moment .,.. that gives you an idea how long I have been using the thing :D), healing and power resupply benefits as the best soda you can buy from a vendor. Heck I stick and Sodas that drop as a reward on missions ion my shared bank to help resupply my ALTS. Well I did but now even they have so many stacks of 99 sodas I am just selling the drops for even more in game cash.

The boost it provides is not huge but never having to worry about running out of soda ever again is enough for me. And at max like I said its as good as any soda out there so that boost is just an extra bonus.
    • Like x 3
  6. Mazahs Loyal Player

I have always used buff soders so I can't....I crushed mine on all my toons long ago and fed them into whatever artifact needed it the most.

Lorax, put it best though. If you AREN'T using buff soders then it's worth it.
  7. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I currently am using the soder in just wondering what the benefit of maxing it out is before I do

I’m on the second to last rank... it fills my health bar fully I’ve never once seen it fill it partially

And the buffs aren’t that amazing

I didn’t know if maxing it out had any hidden benefits like a faster cooldown

Right now I’m getting the 79% bonus loosed to the 90%

But I can be at no health and it still fills my power and health bar full I’ve never once seen it not full after taking it
  8. ObsceneBoy Committed Player

It will turn gold and then you can lord it over people still using basic sodas?

Sodas that expire on use? Not in my Gotham city
    • Like x 1
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Agreed with Isif. Not having to ever refill a stack in your armory because you ran it down to 0 by mistake (not sure if this would happen anyway, as you get soders everywhere now), is worth using it. However, why 'max' it? Yeah, the better health/power return is the main reason for me, 90% is better than 79% when you are in a firefight and the healer is down or struggling. The buffs are nice, but yeah, if you want buffs, drink a Nitro/Flex/Vitamin or whatever floats your boat.

It's also one of the cheapest XP investments you can make. Max xp on this arti is way less than even level 140 on the rest of them, so the XP cost is low to push those final 2 levels. The only bad thing about level 8 is the 10% breakthrough, so likely you'll need a SOC or handful of SOPs for it. For me, this is always a good candidate to drive it up to the level 8 breakthrough then leave it there for when they have an unstable SOC. That way I have the soder ready to upgrade when I get one and using it on a level 8 soder makes good use of the SOC.

And is it me or does the Kandor soder cool down faster at level 8...maybe it's just perception?
    • Like x 1
  10. Controller Devoted Player

It helps me as a Controller - yet another avenue to use to get power out to my group or raid party.

I maxxed mines within a couple of weeks.
    • Like x 1
  11. Brit Loyal Player

It takes significantly less Nth Metal than any other artifact. So while you spend months trying to get from 140 to 160 on a normal artifact, this thing can be done a lot quicker.

And since it's a consumeable, not a traditional Artifact, it's not getting obsoleted in the next Episode or getting fed to the next new thing to come out. This progress is actually permanent.
    • Like x 5
  12. Wallachia Devoted Player

This thread in a nutshell.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  13. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Lol

Sadly it didn’t tho cause if I’m at zero power or almost no health

And take the soder it fills the bar entirely or perceived to be entirely at the current level I’m at

It says 79% but my bar looks full

Now if gold made the cool down faster I’d go for it I just don’t see the point in leveling it to get an extra 11% return when it’s already returning it every time for at the “79%” rank

Lemme just add I love this type of artifact since it’s a permanent fixture for my character

I wish they would have made dead king scepter and phiospher stone also artifacts you place in the trinket slot and add side kick and henchmen artifacts

I’d also like to see weapons not be part of our gear cr just pick up the weapon you want with source marks they’d never have to be replaced and instead they could make artifact versions of those weapons

Like a brawling/martial arts kryptonian weapon style that gives us the combos and the heat vision ranged abilities

And as you level it 4 times it unlocks its own weapon mastery combos

Like hold range hold gives an aoe burst to surrounding enemies towards the locked target

And tap range hold range does a heat vision cone attack

And the melee weapon combos I’m sure they can work in type of melee that does huge burst damage and aoe by using the legends pve special abilities kryptonian have like Superman’s frost stomp or whatever etc ...

Just ideas would love to see them do
  14. RoBotkin Well-Known Player

I really think you hit on a great idea here- and then add orbitals, supply drops, etc. to the style tab.
    I also like your idea about weapons to a point, but implementation might be difficult (specifically I feel like adding abilities would further bottleneck into meta builds).
    • Like x 1
  15. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i just wish they would upgrade the soder to rank 10 and make us imprint 1 buff soder, so that, you get the buff soder buff aswell each time you use it without consuming buff soders.
    This would even open up an Option to get different soder artifacts for multiple different armories. E.g. 1 Artifact soder with Might soder imprint and 1 Artifact soder with Vit soder imprint.
  16. xm3n3hun3 Well-Known Player

1% is 1%
    so if your favorite stat is for example 10K (10,000)
    you'll get a buff 100

as each DLC keeps scaling(increases stats), your 1% scales as well
    a hard number scaling system would just be painful IMHO, wasting more time and be just about the same as the new plans that come out with each new DLC

the above post also mentions other good thoughts....

but I believe in the 1%, I just hope they keep it.....
    imagine if your stat is at 100K or 100,000
    1% = 1000 buff

I just wish the effect would last longer.... then perhaps the plans for the other buffs might go away...
    we don't get feats for gathering new plans (anymore) or creating new sodas...
    so why keep making new plans for buffs
    instead they should buff this artifact even more - which is what I would wish for...
    especially if choose your buff - get a bigger buff for what you want for your toon - instead of what we have now, which is more of a general all purpose buff - more like an omni buff or omni trinket , but not quite there - since we have never seen a defense buff that is with a soda plan of any type....

ahem ... devs - see above for an idea or two - and yes you could even make it a cash cow - since I'm sure the scoreboard chasers can't help themselves and will spend $cha$ching$