Name reclaim event

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dmitri, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Dmitri Active Player

Name reclaim event required
    Pls do another it's been like 5yrs long from last event
    • Like x 1
  2. Solarbound Committed Player

The first one hardly solved a thing. It's pointless -_-
    • Like x 9
  3. Scotty Well-Known Player

The developers have said its not going to happen. Cry and beg all you want. It. is. not. happening. again they said.
    • Like x 2
  4. Dmitri Active Player

Bro we need another name wipe
    • Like x 1
  5. Dmitri Active Player

Idk about yall but imo name wipe should happen each 2yrs
    • Like x 1
  6. Enemy Ace Well-Known Player

Speak for yourself. I was able to snag a couple of cool names after the last one, and traded with others who were able to get a couple more. My gaming experience was greatly enhanced. There is literally no downside to this.
    • Like x 1
  7. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Right back at you, speak for yourself.

You speak exactly what was wrong with the last name reclaim, you guys did nothing but dictate who was getting what name exactly or hoarded onto them when literally anybody else could've used those names for characters they would play on.

Anytime you guys speak for a name reclaim: It's literally code-word for you guys have no more of your "precious" names for sale, and want the developers to make it so yall can profit again.

Tell me I'm wrong, I'll wait.

Oh and spare me the whole "Devs made money off of this" Yeah, they made money because yall spent real dollars to make your virtual dollars with these character names.

Nobody made that decision but you guys.

There's no need for the developers to satisfy yall's in-game greed. If a name reclaim does happen again, the profiting aspect should be revoked entirely.
    • Like x 2
  8. Enemy Ace Well-Known Player

You're not wrong, simply irrelevant.

People grabbed some names, traded them, made an in-game profit. So what? Buyer and seller both happy, that's called a 'win-win.' Other than offending your moralizing sense of greed, why would you care?

If you don't want to participate in this market, then don't. Happy to have you sit it out. It doesn't concern you.

(Honestly, it sounds like a case of sour grapes to me )
    • Like x 1
  9. Whodini Well-Known Player

A friend of mine just returned after a 5 year hiatus and decided to roll a new character. He went through around a hundred names (while attempting to be creative/unique with them) before he found one that wasn't taken. Pretty ridiculous.
  10. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I love how you guys keep framing it as "Irrelevant"

You mean irrelevant in the same sense that you guys keep having to so desperately make thread after thread requesting another name reclaim when the developers told yall no?

So what? That means you grabbed that name and aren't actively using it for a character to play it, you insist it's none of my business but it is my business.

My names could be up for sale potentially, with nobody using them on an actual character they play on... that's my business.
    When you ask for a name reclaim, I have characters I actively have names attached to that I play on.. that's my business.

There could be somebody returning to the game only to find out their existing name got taken for profit, that it's not even being used for a character that someone's playing, instead it's being cycled from one guy to the next just for profit. It' s clearly not what name reclaiming was intended for, but go ahead and act like it was.

Honestly, the consistent begging of you guys wanting another name reclaim event to happen after the devs told yall no sounds like sour grapes to me.
    :rolleyes:

Just as you're happy to have me sit out of your "precious market" bro, I'm equally happy to have the developers sit out another name reclaim thread.
    • Like x 3
  11. Enemy Ace Well-Known Player

Wait, you think a name reclaim means you'll lose your existing names on your active acount?
  12. RoBotkin Well-Known Player

Could be your friend just doesn't have a good imagination- I'm sure I could hit 100 names that are unavailable just with variations of 'Batman.'
  13. Enemy Ace Well-Known Player

Yeah, just do the "Bartman."
  14. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

This again....

If they do it..

It should relieve names but those relieved names can only be created by Newley first time subbed accounts ... 1 previously used name per account

If you want freed up names you need to have new accounts made with new emails ..

That way those names can be saved for new incoming players ....

Don’t like the idea ? I don’t like the idea of freeing up names yet again cause some folks are selfish and want something they didn’t get to first
    • Like x 1
  15. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I take long breaks ... I’ve been playing this game off and on since 2012 and have paid a lot of money and time in game ...

But as with any game after awhile you get bored and need a break

I like knowing the names I created are there when I come back
    • Like x 1
  16. Solarbound Committed Player

Congrats, you're one of few who got lucky. The majority on the other hand... didn't work out too well. But, again, congrats -_-

And, um, I'm not one who waited on that name reclaim to name any of my toons. Just aware of the situation as it happened.
  17. Whodini Well-Known Player

Let me rephrase...to find a decent name that matches the character. Completely random names are probably available, like maybe "Plunger O'Brien". But with the # of dead alts or accounts, it's most likely the Irish plumber crowd gobbled that one up to.
  18. Enemy Ace Well-Known Player

At least those names just rotting out there would be reactivated. While it's not ideal from my POV, it's better than nothing.

I'm still struggling with the idea that it's selfish to want something you don't have.
  19. Dmitri Active Player

It's really ********,,,, they should clean banned names so active players can use them
    • Like x 1
  20. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

When I se Yet another name reclaim thread from now on I'm just gonna say this ::rolleyes:
    • Like x 1