New Episode: Birds of Prey

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

New Episode: Birds of Prey

Metropolis has descended into a battle royale due to the machinations of Lex Luthor. Is Luthor dead or alive and what’s his master plan? Team-up with the street-level heroes and villains of the Birds of Prey team: Black Canary, Huntress, Catwoman, Poison Ivy, and their newest member - Harley Quinn - to find out.

Travel from Metropolis’ burning LexCorp Tower to Luthor’s hidden lair, and for the first time: Oracle’s Clock Tower HQ! You never know what to expect where Luthor’s involved, so be ready for anything, from Lobo to Amazo to Brimstone: a towering threat from the heart of Apokolips!

To play this content your character must be level 30 and have a minimum Combat Rating of 287.
    For a limited time, special “Event” versions of all content in Birds of Prey will be available to all players level 15+ as well! Look for these Event versions in the Events tab of your On Duty menu.

[IMG]

New Open World Missions – BoP: Metropolis

Metropolis descends into a battle royale after Lex Luthor broadcasts to the world that he's leaving his wealth, technology, and weapons to anyone willing to take them. Crime is rampant and the Birds of Prey are on the case! Each of the Birds of Prey has a mission for players in the new open world. For example, Heroes will help Huntress fight crime while Villains partner with Catwoman for a piece of the action!
    • Look for BoP: Metropolis in your Warp Menu or use the teleporter in the Watchtower or Hall of Doom
    • New Daily and weekly missions in BoP: Metropolis. Minimum Level: 15

New Solo – BoP: Lex Tower

An explosion at LexCorp Tower causes a mad rush for Luthor's tech and spurs an investigation into Luthor's fate. Heroes find H.I.V.E. harvesting what they can while Villains work to prevent A.R.G.U.S. from taking Luthor's tech. Work with Superman and the Birds of Prey to battle your way to Luthor's inner sanctum.
    • Open your On Duty Menu and look for BoP: LexCorp Tower under Tier 9 of the 1 Player Tab. Combat Rating: 287
    • For the event version – look for BoP: LexCorp Tower (Event) in the On Duty Menu under the Events Tab. Minimum Level: 15

New Alert – BoP: Volcano Mining Facility

Follow intrepid reporters Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen as they investigate Luthor's hidden lair. No one's shocked that Luthor built a volcano lair, but he has plenty of surprises in store for uninvited guests!
    • Open your On Duty Menu and look for BoP: Volcano Mining Facility under Tier 9 of the 4 Player Tab. Combat Rating: 287
    • For the event version – look for BoP: Volcano Mining Facility (Event) in the On Duty Menu under the Events Tab. Minimum Level: 15

New Raid and Elite Raid – BoP: Clock Tower

You’ve received a distress call from Oracle! Lex Luthor has initiated a direct attack on her safe house, the Gotham City Clock Tower, and has taken control of Oracle's security measures, turning them against her. Get to the Clock Tower and protect Oracle from her own technology and from a new danger even she never saw coming!
    • Open your On Duty Menu and look for BoP: Clock Tower under Expert Tier 9 of the 8 Player Tab. Combat Rating: 287
    • For the event version – look for BoP: Clock Tower (Event) in the On Duty Menu under the Events Tab. Minimum Level: 15

New Raid and Elite Raid – BoP: Fire & Brimstone

Lex Luthor’s plans have finally come to fruition and they're not good for anyone. Battle Luthor in the heart of his volcano and discover the world-killing threat he’s been working towards this entire time!
    • Open your On Duty Menu and look for BoP: Fire & Brimstone under Expert Tier 9 of the 8 Player Tab. Combat Rating: 287
    • For the event version – look for BoP: Fire & Brimstone (Event) in the On Duty Menu under the Events Tab. Minimum Level: 15

New Gear, Base Items, Feats and More
    • Earn a new event currency: LexCoins!
    • Rank up new Augments and Artifacts!
    • Acquire new gear inspired by Harley Quinn and Huntress!
    • Plus, collect new base items, feats, and more!

Questions or comments? Join the discussion below.

DCUO Birds of Prey Screenshot Contest (Twitter)

It's contest time! The Birds of Prey are a new team, and they will need your help to come together. We are looking for players most dedicated to the group!

Take a screenshot of your character assisting the Birds of Prey or of a group of characters taking on the vibe and attitude of the team yourselves. Then, submit your screenshot to us on Twitter. Follow @DCUO and tweet your screenshot to us using the hashtag #DCUOBirdsOfPreyContest.

The team will choose the most creative and thematically appropriate screenshots, and the top four winners will each receive one (1) Royal Chroma Mega Pack (ARV US$25.00)!

The Contest begins at 12:00PM PDT on Thursday, April 16, 2020, and ends at 12:00PM PDT on Thursday, April 23, 2020.

Click here to enter by tweeting to the official @DCUO Twitter.
    Click here for the official rules.
    • Like x 6
  2. Eve YouTuber

Does it have to be all of them or even just Huntress or Canary is good?

Edit: Talking about the screenshot competition.
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It is up to you to be creative and make it cool.
    • Like x 2
  4. Vicious Well-Known Player

Bug feedback: Beating the Metahuman Experiment doesn't always complete the mission. My first attempt (so far) didn't give me credit.
  5. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Did you talk to Lois Lane? You have to see her to complete the mission (just like you had to do with Martian Manhunter in Metal II). But she does not have any kind of exclamation point or other graphic designation to let you know you need to speak to her. So that should be changed, devs.

And by changed, you should eliminate the requirement to go all the way back to the hub to talk to Lois. The mission should auto complete as soon as Trenton is beaten.
  6. Ully Committed Player

The open world and the elite raids are unplayable right now because of extreme lag.
  7. Vicious Well-Known Player

The mission didn't complete. There was nothing to hand in to her. I ran it again in another phase and it worked.

Other people in my phase had the same thing, they didn't get credit for the bounty despite being in the fight.
  8. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Devs, a lot of problems with glitches in the Alert, please look into it.
  9. Brother Allen Loyal Player

I'm being told by League mates that the game is to laggy to currently do the raids.
  10. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Played 10 toons before I had this problem. In my case was in heal role, not part of a group. This is a problem with some other bounties as well. In DPS role, no problem completing whether solo or grouped.
  11. BabyAres2 New Player

There's a glitch in the 4-player where when Superman doesn't go into the dome amazo uses Green lantern shield and doesn't do nothing else
    • Like x 1
  12. Chrome Soul New Player

One person has to go in and wipe so superman can appear in the fight.
    • Like x 1
  13. Chrome Soul New Player

Hard game crash in new alert during last boss if too close to turrets during phase. Plus extra lag spike on all stairways and rallys.
  14. Vicious Well-Known Player

Just for reference, I was in DPS role when the bug hit me. But yeah I wasn't in a group. Was definitely actively fighting though. I was the guy blowing up all the ads with the RPG lol.
  15. Irvynnge Loyal Player

yeah, just got out of there, meself. same thing. couldn't warp because I was locked in combat, so had to switch character to get out. shame. I'm sure they'll sort it, though.
  16. Dauntless II New Player

Amazo fight bugs.
  17. MrGainey Level 30

Confirmed Amazo is supertardo
  18. Jords21 Well-Known Player

Clock tower oracle robot boss fight blue circle spawning on red players while red circle spawns on blue players
  19. Mefromnorway Level 30

New alert is bugged you wait forever for supermann to enter first big boss. You only have to disband
  20. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Yeah the Brimstone Elite raid is a lag fest fiesta. That needs to be fixed asap.