Skin codes issue

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by jacksnowwolf, Mar 23, 2020.

1. jacksnowwolf New Player

Hi i have a big question why some avatars are more realistic??? i have human 1 skin but for some reason some avaatrs are more realistic and their skin is more cute glowing mine is dark and i have the same skin code as her

here is the picture[IMG]

https://ibb.co/Yc3sTHX
  2. Dorn Cresh Active Player

If by skin code you mean the skin style, then yes you may have the same skin as her but the colour of your skin can be changed anytime after character creation. Just go to your styles menu and look in the Colour tab. You can easily change your skin colour to be brighter like hers.

Hope I understood you correctly :)
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

One of you might be using the older version of the human skins. The older versions are available from the Skins vendors (STAR Labs for heroes, Ace Chemicals for villains) and you will see a difference in skin tone/color if you swap between the old and new versions of the human skins.
  4. an81angel Well-Known Player

During character creator, when choosing a skin color, did you use the bottom Brightness slider? There where 3 sliders: color-rainbow slider/ depth-white to color slider/ brightness-black to glowing color slider. The bottom (brightness) slider gives skin a slight glowing effect the higher it is. It's only available as an option during Character creator. If your friend upped her skin brightness and you didn't, even if you have the same FFDDCC color code her skin will be brighter. Sadly there isn't anything you can do to change the brightness of a skin tone after your character is in game.
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Everything in red is not even remotely true. The three sliders: Color allows you to change the hue, Intensity allows you to adjust the saturation of your chosen hue (add/subtract gray), Brightness adjusts the shade of your chosen hue/intensity (add/sub black/white).
  6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Going a little more into what I was talking about earlier, here's what can happen with the new and classic human skins when using the same color code.

Human Skin 1

[IMG]

Classic Human Skin 2 (no, I don't know why they don't directly correspond to one another lol)

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  7. Dorn Cresh Active Player

That's right, the character creation's interface presents you with the Hue, Saturation and Brightness bars as Lorax mentioned. Later in the game, in the Style > Colours tab you'll still be able to change all three; it's just that the interface is different. Hue is still its own bar, but the Saturation and Brightness are now together in their own colour gradient square. The X-axis determines the Saturation and the Y-axis the Brightness.
  8. Dorn Cresh Active Player

I didn't know the human skins the vendor sold are different to the ones available in character creation! Does that mean that after creating our character we don't get access to those exact skins anymore if we didn't choose it back then?
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

All of the skins available at character creation are available in the skin vendor. Same applies to hair and the hair vendor.
  10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

TheLorax explained it perfectly. But to expand a bit, what skins you have on your character could depend on when you made your character.

When they made the new Human skins, which were touch-ups on the original Human skins, they made the new versions available to all players when they were released, renamed the original versions Classic Human skins and set the new versions as what was available in character creation. So a player who makes a character now and wants the Classic Human skins has to go to their respective Skin vendor and buy them there.

So an older player is likely to have all versions of the Human skin (new and classic). A newer or new player will probably have to visit the vendor to get the classics.
    • Like x 1
  11. an81angel Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    The exact same skin color but the brightness makes the skin have a glowing effect. This can't be changed after character creator. So if one person doesn't change the brightness and the other does, even if they both have the exact same color code one will have brighter skin and the other wont.

@TheLorax - what I said is exactly true!
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's not though. Once you save out of character creation, take note of the hex color code in the style menu. You can apply that same color and brightness to any character provided they are wearing the same skin.
    • Like x 1
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Visual aid, and please feel free to try this with any skin or color.