Can We Please Transfer Our Money Again?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tabby Belle, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Proxystar #Perception

Sounds like either a tax correction or tax introduction, in which case you should probably look at central or local government. it may also be that they weren't requiring Daybreak to collect it prior to now, in which case again the increase lies with your local or central government and not Daybreak.

If it was a Daybreak error and they didn't bill you for backdated taxes then thay absorbed it because they'd have likely had to pay a backdated debt themselves, you should be thankful ;)

In terms of the mailing, they should fix it, but we know there was a good reason it was disabled :)
    • Like x 1
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Some aspects were handled poorly, I wouldn't say "whole".
    • Like x 1
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Okie dokie
  4. mehealyoulong time Level 30

character creation is locked at 16?
  5. Spider Jerusalem Well-Known Player

I think I have room for a couple more. 32 total, I believe.
  6. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

I hope it's not locked at 16, since I currently have 25. :D

Max number of characters you can have depends on whether you are a Free, Premium, or Legendary player, and on whether or not you have bought any extra character slots.
  7. Wilv79 New Player

I really do hope this function is restored soon. I have money scattered between my villains and heroes that I used to consolidate when I needed to make big purchases. Now I can't do that anymore. Wouldn't necessarily be a problem if Hero and Villains were able to buy from each other on the auction house but we can't so if items appear on the villain side that I need I can't purchase them because all my money is stuck on my heroes.

Maybe make it so we can deposit our cash in our account bank. That way we can just dump our cahs there and grab it on any alt we want.
  8. Caroline Dedicated Player

Tbh, it's quite annoying. I put things on the broker on at least 4 characters and the money I make can't be transfered to my main, so every time I want to move them, I gotta ask a buddy of mine to help me with it...
  9. That1DarkKnight Active Player

This is actually a big problem with the game that is very ridiculous. Most games I know have a money transfer system within the account bank system. It's literally your account's money. You should be allowed to sum up all of it at once if you want to. Money isn't gear and CR it's something you buy tradeable things with anyways so there's no reason to not be able to transfer it between characters.
    • Like x 1
  10. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I think the biggest issue with a shared pool of cash across all characters is currently the cash cap on free and premium players.

If it's one huge pool like quarks and replay badges, would that mean that a premium player at the cap ($3000) that spends money on one character (reducing available cash to say $1000) would only have that $1000 available on another character if they immediately switched (until they sell something or earn more)?

If it's a transfer option in the shared bank, and otherwise stays the same would a premium player only be able to have $3000 in the shared bank at a time? Or would the total in the shared bank plus "cash in hand" have to be equal or less than $3000 with the remainder going to escrow. I suppose each character could possibly deposit up to $3000 at a time, and you could choose an amount to withdraw, but then you can easily circumvent the cash cap (and it just becomes a buying cap). A buying cap isn't necessarily a bad thing either, but I would just go back to the shared pool of money and have the $3000 refilled automatically instead of forcing this with around.

My preference on this would be just a single pool of cash, but with changes to how the cash cap works. I would suggest a premium account in a single cash pool system would have access to $3000 times the number of "active" characters they have. Which by default means they could have $18,000, if they create 6 different characters. They could also raise this with character shot purchases. I mentioned active characters, because when you drop from legendary to premium you may have to deactivate some characters if you don't have enough purchased character slots to cover your created characters. Though this idea may make too big a change to the cash cap, since premium players can have up to 22 characters (so $66,000 cap in this plan).

Full disclosure, I've had a membership consistently since at least 2012, and my suggestion wouldn't affect my thought on the worth of membership.
  11. MrPlumberman Active Player

There is no way to monetize it so the devs can't be bother with fixing it. But hey there's a new boss in thanagar waiting for you to spam repays on..... look shiny over here maybe that will distract the masses from what they really want....
  12. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

What does it say about sending currency via the mail system? To my knowledge currency can absolutely be traded still. So we do have access to it, we just cannot mail it to ourselves.
    • Like x 1
  13. ErickStrife Well-Known Player

Should be like on Star Trek Online and other games. The Account bank has the option to put all the money from all Alts in it. One can then withdraw the money from the account bank on any toon one chooses to use.
  14. ErickStrife Well-Known Player

There are quite a number of ways it can be monetized.
    Most straightforward would be to sell the option to have a shared bank for money.
    You give them money and they give you shared bank for in-game cash. Unlocks once per account.

Many ppl would complain, but, the company makes $$$ and the ones that don't mind paying for it get what they want.
  15. Woopsie New Player

oh i dont mind, gotten kinda used to this :)
  16. tukuan Devoted Player

I've the option to transfer through my brother's toons but it's a hassle to be sure. I tend to just shuffle seasonal, capsule and other items to various toons to sell at some time in the future so I have a lot of money spread over my alts.

Personally, I'd say just make the wallet account-wide so that all your toons share the same pool but if not then please remove the lock. I can't see how it is in any way impeeding scammers as I would think they are shuffling money amoungst multiple accounts anyways.
  17. randomkeyhits Dedicated Player

If money in the mail is such a source of problems then please add a cash field into the shared bank. That way we can pass it around our alts with the minimum of fuss and hopefully it would be about as exploit free as anything is in this game.
    • Like x 1
  18. theDCdeviant New Player

Here, here! I am the exact same way. I often get a cool idea for a new hero and just love trying to create a cool look for them but all the best styles are locked behind hundreds of hours of some of the worst rng I've ever seen in an mmo and if not that, it's thousands of quarks that would require I spend hundreds of actual money. So in the past I'd end up just making toon after toon because the 1-30 missions were actually somewhat entertaining (feeling like I'm actually going somewhere in a game? who woulda thought that'd be nice!) because this new content is so rinse-wash-and repeat ON TOP OF HAVING TO DO IT OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN FOR FEATS/CR/ARMOR/ETC. I just came back to the game after spending months off of it and spending my hard earned money on something more worth while and thought I'd be able to send my other broke *** toons some of the money I had painstakingly made on my mains....nope. Still can't...trusting other players to send me my money? No thanks.
    It never made sense that we wouldn't be able to distribute money between our other toons on our own account when the devs know just how difficult it is for honest players to actually make money in this game. I don't like playing the broker game and overpricing **** or spending hundreds of actual USD on stabilizers/capsules just to HOPE I get things that would sell for any "relevant" amount of in-game currency, especially when I may want that item for my own character! I don't want to sit in front of the broker for hours and hours to make lots of money. I'd rather--ya know--play the actual game! So when I get lucky and make millions on one of my mains, I want to be able to send some of that money to a less wealthy toon I have if they need it. ****, I CAN'T EVEN SEND SOMETHING I GET FROM A CAPSULE TO ANOTHER OF MY OWN TOONS. "An error was encountered when sending your mail"???? Are they ******** me? Feels like the devs just don't care about their player base. They just keep pumping out mediocre content and hope the suckers gambling on stabilizers/capsules keep at it.

19. Irvynnge Loyal Player

what I tend to do is sell myself soders. get the toon you want money on to stick a single soder cola on the broker for as much as you can afford to stick it on for, sign in to your main, buy it. it's a pain, but it's a work around.
  20. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I have used sodas as well to get cash to my alts. There are some other options besides the broker... 1) depending on what5 all you keep there and how many slots you have stick sodas in the shared bank.. I forget but I THINK you can stick 99 in ONE slot. or 2) Now I know I have done this in just the last few days.. Email the soda to your alt.

This can get annoying though. Not sure how big the difference is but if I buy Sodas with my main and then ship them to an Alt to sell for a cash advance. Okay the Alt gets cash but my Main paid more to buy them then my alt can turn around and sell them back to a vendor. Still it is one way we have to still eventually get cash from one character to another.
    • Like x 1