Mail money

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by FullMetalTitan, Feb 17, 2020.

1. FullMetalTitan Committed Player

Any ideas on when we can get this feature back?
    • Like x 3
  2. Ryazan Dedicated Player

I hope never. Out of all the spambot sites I see only 2 remain after mail money transfer was shut down. I imagine the remaining ones are easier to track where their stuff comes from, or they just outright scam.

I'd rather see the devs make money be able to be transferred through the shared bank, or make it account wide.
    • Like x 9
  3. Brit Loyal Player

Any idea when they will reduce the cost of our subscriptions to make up for the fact they took away this Subscriber-Only feature?
    • Like x 7
  4. krytine Loyal Player

I wished the devs would have made your cash account bound
  5. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Either way, I hope they do something soon. Getting a bit annoyed that I can't use this feature of my sub, and am missing out on things on the broker because my richest character is a few million short on the asking price, but I can't transfer those few million (even though I have more than enough sitting on other characters).
  6. Zneeak Devoted Player

It's a frustration that is worth it IMO, knowing that dozens upon dozens of exploiters have been unable to completely bypass the last batch of changes to prevent the crazy inflation due to said money exploits.

But yeah, for the sake of us holding a sub, I do hope something is being done that works.
  7. Rainnifer Committed Player

I'm not sure if this actually works as I haven't tried it, but I don't see why it wouldn't. If you do find yourself missing a few million to buy something, you could list a junk item for a lot of money and just have an alt buy it. You'll bite a tiny bit of tax but it'd at least get you what you need before it's gone since you can't transfer money just yet.

EDIT: I tried this and it does work.
  8. mrcheap Well-Known Player

I have done the list a junk item and then relog and buy it with a different toon but it is annoying. Why can't we just deposit money in our shared bank?
    • Like x 3
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Because they need time to build that function into the UI, test it internally to make sure it doesn't break anything and than put it on the public test server for further testing.
    • Like x 2
  10. Crn Well-Known Player

Cash and source marks should be accounts bound.
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It works indeed, and for moving money between heros and villians it's the only way, but yeah it's 5% tax...so kind of expensive if you need to do it a few times for things like buying resets and such. Also it can take a while with logging in on one toon, listing the item, logging out and back in on the 2nd toon to puchase then back to the first to wait for the cash.

An in shared bank 'cash' slot would still be a better option if they are never giving the ability to mail money back to us. For the record I'm fine with losing the mailing option as long as there is a decent replacement...better than the 'buy it off yourself' one.

Reinheld
  12. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Yes, it works. But selling a $5 item for 35 million, even to one of my own characters makes me feel like I'm one of those people selling Neon Chromas. :oops: And spending 35 mill on a ten dollar item makes me look like a gold seller if anybody notices it.
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Cash maybe...source no. It's already semi account bound in the fact that you can farm source on one toon, then buy catalysts and/or styles on it to use/transfer to your main via unlocking and most shiny items in the vendors are account bound already. Pretty much the only thing that's non-transferable is rent source marks for your mainframe and progression gear, and I'd think that's by design.

Reinheld