"NO FILL" OPTION INTEGRATION

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheCelestialKiller, Feb 11, 2020.

1. TheCelestialKiller Well-Known Player

Please create a "No Fill" option when queuing for End Game missions. Queues do not get filled when trying to play irrelevant missions. Implementing this (to Toons with the correct CR) will grant the ability to get older feats with no trouble. It takes hours to create a group willing to do a feat, if you get a group at all! Also for the people who want the challenge, the ability to run high level missions such as raids with an alert sized group. I believe the addition of this option will open new doors and generate a spectacular player base response.
    • Like x 9
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

#ADJUSTABLEQUEUESIZE

Been suggested by myself and some handful of others several times over the last few years. So far a big NOPE, but I'll keep trying.

Welcome to the club.
    Reinheld
    • Like x 3
  3. Hytch Well-Known Player

100% This.

Or fill in the remaining spots with NPC bots from the Justice League/Society.
    • Like x 1
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Only problem with that idea is NPCs are notoriously stupid and ineffective. Why do you think we need to help Supes, WW and Batman take down a Braniac ship when we are level 3? The only exception I've ever seen was being revived by an NPC Lex Luthor when knocked out in Villain version of 'Paradox Wave'. I was completely shocked when he came over and revived me....I was like "Gee...thanks Lex Luthor...you aren't so bad after all".

And forget feats that are not 'quick burn' feats. I can't imagine trying to pull off the 'League Hall:Security Breach' feat to re-power the device 12 times before killing Mantis with a couple of NPCs wailing away at him "NO Superman...we are going for a feat!...Quit killing him or we'll kick you!", or having WW grab the box in 'Supply Lines' duo, then proceed to dive into each battle smashing Harpys with it.

You get the picture.
    Reinheld
    • Like x 2
  5. Hytch Well-Known Player

Yeah, this was discussed briefly in another earlier thread. Some feats will be unavailable to be completed with the NPCs unless they improve the AI a lot (unlikely).
    But they could be buffed up to be a decent DPS to make it to where one could simply complete the instances and get the investigations/briefings.
  6. Proxystar #Perception

People have been asking for this forever, so it's a definite yes from me.
  7. Chia Death Well-Known Player

I think the problem with this is the same reason they don't bring back walk-ins.
  8. BSEison Well-Known Player

I really wish they'd make this change. I'd love to be able to solo lower level duos and alerts with my main to try to pick up lost briefings or feats or just for the fun of trying.
    • Like x 1
  9. Cyfaill Well-Known Player

I totally agree, some raids are hard to get in (like both of the hand of fate episode).

I think it's hard to take a decision because since they are not doing walk-ins (I read somewhere that it gave problems in the past so this is not an option). A good idea is to be able to choose the size group but it has his own problem (high-level characters probably will queue alone just to don't have to wait and then the low-level character never will be able to get into), so they could check how much time were you waiting and if you want to get into but...it has another problem (maybe someone was waiting for an hour and other for 5 minutes so...should get in both of them or just the first one?) and also I believe the queue works like a list where the first on the top goes with the followings peers (1, 3 or 7) if they are available (if they are not in other instance) and if not it picks the following character, so if they want to check times of everyone will cost to the servers a little more of work (and the developers should have to update the queue) so...at this point I have a couple of ideas:

-If you have been trying to get into an instance during a week (each day of the week, to don't "broke" the current queue system) and you couldn't do it then the next day they could ask you for getting into with your actual group (and reset all your "meter box" to zero to avoid queuing in everything).

-To do something like Lpve or the monthly rewards from low tiers, to put a raid/alert weekly/monthly with an extrareward (a couple of source marks or wathever) that way people will join in a place.

Well, it shouldn't be so hard, let's say you are alone in a raid (or whatever, someone is the leader of the group or it's the faster to use it) and at the begining you have a computer (or whatever fit to the instance) which will allow you to select between a list like: Tank, healer, controller, dps, passive (someone who does nothing, like Titanic Trenton and just in case you need someone to be there), a pressable (someone who interacts with the stuff as soon as he is able to do it), and a couple of commands (to be far away or close to the group), with that i think everything could be done. What's more, you don't have to believe me, we have something very close like in that duo related to the new gods in which Mantis helps the duo with the power you want or that iconic mission of the huntress in which a foe will activate a console if he sees you.

To sum up, I believe the harder part it's to check how to get into, the support team shouldn't be hard at all but...I could be wrong obviously.
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Fillers...yes. A body to get the queue to pop would work fine and is basically the same as adjustable queue size, but (and this is assuming you NEED the roles...and can't just faceroll the run) getting AI to play an effective role (maybe tank...pop agro, block...pop agro, block...repeat) is probably more than we can ask for. And again... it would pretty much knock out the chances of getting any feats done except speed/high dps ones. Look at the 2 War Crimes feats for knocking out the x number of grenadiers and infantry where you can't knock out the other group. How are you going to bring in NPCs then explain "hey...only go after the infantry this time....avoid the others". Better off with the fillers where they are just bodies to pop the queue, but even then, they'd need to stay out of the fights if there is a 'no death' feat, so why bring them at all? Allow the group to launch with whatever number of people are in the group already, forget the fillers.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  11. Cyfaill Well-Known Player

I have to admit that i just focused in your other examples to work with them, but in the case of this example you got me haha, because if i remember correctly you can't pull them (well if the fake-tank focus on boss you could kill the granadiers but in the end probably there will be a situation that it can't be done) but almost a huge variety of feats could be done, so it won't fix the problem but it'll help it a lot.
  12. Solarbound Committed Player

I've been wanting such a change for the longest. Hope to see it come into fruition. Find some way to make this happen DEVS.
    • Like x 1
  13. Irvynnge Loyal Player

for me, it would be the single greatest quality of life improvement they could make to this game. I don't need the content to be made especially "relevant". I just want to be able to get in there.
    • Like x 1
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Not debating the fact it would help...but I'm saying the ability to go in with 3 or 4 or 5 real players by themselves vs 3 or 4 or 5 real + the rest NPC/Dead weight is better. If I were going to run a feat where a tank/troll/heal is required, I'd rather spend a few extra minutes finding someone or switching to another toon vs depending on some NPC AI to do the job for me...the issue is the empty spots...I say leave them empty and go in with a smaller group.

In the end, for getting into stuff, they work the same. For getting feats done, a smaller group is better than fillers IMHO.

BTW...the reason I focused in on those 2 particular examples is because I just got done doing them during free eps on some premium accounts. 2 were 2 of my legit PC/PS4 premiums....2 were 'dummy' accounts I used to get the queue to pop, logged in on a few spare laptops. DBG did not roll out the enhancement, so I rolled out my own. Newbieuser123 and Newbieuser456 did a fine job of queing up then leaving. Almost all alert feats knocked out during those weeks thanks to their tireless effort. If I had 4 more laptops I'd have made them 4 more brothers or sisters who also would queue and leave and knocked out the raid feats as well.

Reinheld
  15. TheCelestialKiller Well-Known Player

Yeah that "add npcs" thing is dead. if they can possibly get the technology from Epic to shut down the extra slots like they do on fortnite and run with the group you have, even or by yourself