Not A Bug Update un-archives all archived R&D plans and reset Fortify/Augments guides

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Catastrophic Repercussion, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

It's as stated on the title, so now every toon needs to redo all the archiving process, and dismiss all the messaging that pops while doing anything related to Artefacts and Augments. This has been a long-running GU problem and I hope the devs have a solution to that.
    • Like x 12
  2. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I was just coming here to groan about this. So much to archive all over again... :(
  3. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

4. EP Ice Loyal Player

Logged on today and started getting all the tips again like I just started playing the game. The worst is that you have unarchived everything in my R&D station. Now, I have to scroll through everything to get to what I want to get to and archive them.....again. This is not the first time this has happened this year. So, I am asking that you please stop resetting my things. Thank you
    • Like x 5
  5. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Mine too, it takes time to archive everything and when i logged in last night i noticed that everything was unarchived
    • Like x 3
  6. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

• Like x 1
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Or how about if they are going to do another reset on R&D, send it all to archive? I'd rather go through and pick the 10-12 items out of archive vs having to put the 100+ items back in.

Yes, this and the reload on all the tips (BTW...did you know that you can use Nth metal to upgrade your Artifacts/Augments?....it's easy...just click here and here and here and here!!) does get pretty tedious the 5th or 6th time you need to go through it again.

Reinheld
    • Like x 5
  8. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Yep... I have a few artifacts at 160+, so clearly I need to be told all about Nth metal and catalysts... :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Well smarty pants...did you know that you can equip an augment by selecting the augment in the list available, then clicking 'X' to equip it? Did you? If not, go to the augments tab since yesterday and learn all about it! And in case you forget by the time you get to an alt...learn about it again there.

And dig this....there is a button at the bottom of your inventory...IT SORTS YOUR INVENTORY IN THE MOST INEFFECTIVE WAY POSSIBLE!!....yeah, I know...hard to believe.... move the cursor all the way down to the bottom to learn more about it (well not really....it's just a sort button....kind of sums it up).

Reinheld
    • Like x 2
  10. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

Yeah what is the deal with the whole noob tips after a game update?
    it's not a big deal but it gets annoying.
  11. DoctorP2 Well-Known Player

I got the tips, had the target diamond turned back on, had my custom key bindings reset, and had subtitles suddenly appear again. I feel like I got slapped on the wrist for something.
  12. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

Yeah ... well I still don't understand how to get a material to only cover a specific piece of armor and not everything at once. And I actually made the effort of trying to understand how to do it when those tips popped up in my menu yesterday! o_O
  13. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

I totally didn't enjoy having to re-archive the R&D stuff I don't use.

If it happens again, I'm going to just archive the few things I do use, and use the archive tab as my primary crafting tab.
  14. Dwild Well-Known Player

Basically (and I had to go thru this too) you treat the material like it's a different type of color. At the top there will be 4 buttons, Styles, Colors, Materials, and Titles. Like setting your color choices, the Materials button at the top lets you pick 3 of your Materials as the ones you may use; you can only have 3 chosen at a time. Click on the Styles button and pick the armor piece you want to change. Go to the lock button on the top right corner and open the lock, otherwise any changes you put in won't stick. Then click on the little camera icon. That opens your color pallette with the 4 colors can use on that piece of armor as usual. ABOVE the Slot 1 2 3 there's slider box marked Materials. There are small arrows on the left and right side of that slider box. Hit those to scroll through until the material you want to use on that armor piece is shown. Accept the layout and the armor piece will change to that particular material (any color palette choices you made on that armor piece will be overwritten.) You might have a dozen different materials but you can only have 3 selected at a time just as you can only have 4 color choices at a time; the slider will only show those 3 choices. Pick the material you want, hit the Accept button at the bottom, and remember to relock your choice. You set your material on an armor piece when you're in the Styles section, not in the material section.
    • Like x 1
  15. AV Loyal Player

Wait... is DCUO mansplaining itself to us? :confused:
    • Like x 1
  16. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

Thanks for taking the time to help me out. I appreciate it!
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This happens when there are underlying changes to the R&D system. While we would like to alleviate this reset as a quality of life issue, it's not something we consider or bug or expect to be able to address soon.