The golden age...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Barry Allen, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Barry Allen Well-Known Player

LOOK AT THAT CHEMISTRY...

For those who dont know what is it, this is the friday night legend challenge, this was the place who all competitive players wanted to be in...

Yes is an old video, and yes there was a time when prime battleground was hard as hell and nobody cried about it like most "players" do right now when cant pass an instance... they just tried it harder
    • Like x 7
  2. FoolsFire Devoted Player

3. DiscoSoup Active Player

I remember Prime Battleground being such a challenge. Due to obligations with the kid, my wife and I stopped playing for six years. We left when, I think, Paradox Wave was the latest content. And Prime was so challenging even then. I came back and was shocked when my first group through beat the level in like five minutes. And if I do Paradox wave it usually takes no more than 90 seconds now.
  4. Darth Piper Loyal Player

With the move to split off the three separate studios there is always the possibility of stuff like this returning... because from the way things seem right now I get the impression that a lot of the people working on DCUO do not actually play the game as a regular player. Yeah, there's the whole, "It's work so why do I want to do it in off hours?" Well, maybe now part of their responsibilities could be to play the game one day a week as a regular player (no special developer accounts with "god mode")... and actually get a feel for what's right and wrong.
    • Like x 1
  5. BƖack Dedicated Player

I miss these times so bad :(
    • Like x 2
  6. Barry Allen Well-Known Player

I can hear your heart crashing... i know that feel bro
    • Like x 1
  7. Barry Allen Well-Known Player

Well we are in a 3rd stage right now with Dimensional Ink... maybe the game could rise again
    • Like x 1
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Wow...thanks for posting that. Been a long time since I have looked at one of those videos. Yeah, a 54 min video where the only discussion of styles was an off hand remark about Hive Defender. Maybe they had statistics that these were not watched, maybe the devs were just not wanting to put their evening time in on it...whatever, but I think more stuff like this would help make the game interesting. And yes...the banter between Mepps and Spytle was great. Say what you will about Spytle's personality, but you can tell he enjoyed the game itself...not just making shiny things for us to buy or chase down. I don't get that off newer dev videos. We hear NerdOfPrey or Meg or whoever ...talk about things they are creating to 'see' like a new cool map like Atlantis or specific characters, or styles to wear, new fancy trinkets and things....do you ever hear them talk about mechanics or the playability of the game? Sometimes I'm not sure they have ever played....which should be a pre-requisite.

Reinheld
    • Like x 2
  9. FoolsFire Devoted Player

• Like x 1
  10. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

The last charity stream made it painfully obvious that they probably don't play the game very thoroughly.
    • Like x 1
  11. BumblingB I got better.

I think when Spytle left this dynamic was lost. I know they tried to do more interactive livestreams, but they were very 1D. Not to say the hosts were not great at what they do, but they lacked the oomf that Jens had that resulted in entertainment that helped us want to keep coming back. It was also a personal level to it.

Of course, this also resulted in a backfire. Such as how Jens reacted to players and he leaked more than a pressurized water pipe with a crack in it.

When Jens "Spytle" Anderson left, they stopped having fun with the players.

Funny, our league was just talking about when we were on with Loche.
    • Like x 1
  12. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

The game felt like it had more of a unified community then. That the devs were more in tune with the players and not only active here but in game. Say what you want about spytle but one thing he had was passion for the game. He seemed to atleast. The person i get that vibe from now is someone like Jackster. He should be more active. Do more livestreams. Get a FNL thing going again. The game needs more engagement from the devs end than just throwing some comments on the forums and a couple livestreams every 2 months to show off a time cap and a new DLC. I like the team now. But it seems theres a disconnect between us and them. Or maybe its all in my head.
    • Like x 1
  13. Barry Allen Well-Known Player

i dont even watching the livestreams because they get the worst of me... even if are those "flashstreams" of 30min...
  14. Barry Allen Well-Known Player

Yes but Meg is wonderful
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Don't disagree....just that it seems the focus is completely different now, at least from what we see on the videos.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  16. Barry Allen Well-Known Player

Idk how is it right now cos i stoped watching but when you watch the new livestreams dont you feel like if they dont really want to be there?
    • Like x 1
  17. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

I remember prime battleground with fondness,we had 3 static raid groups in odyssey doing it at the same time competing to be the first to complete it.Good times :)
    • Like x 2
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Not that they don't want to be there, just that they could talk the same about what's going on whether it's DCUO, the Sims, Red Dead or whatever...the game does not matter....just whatever thing they happened to have worked on they are discussing.

Just my opinion.
    Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  19. Barry Allen Well-Known Player

I remember my first time dieing 18 times lol. But yes was a good time
    • Like x 1
  20. SekretVillain Loyal Player

We dont get that quality of stuff because jens isn't here