Serious concerns about the direction of the game...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by topflow619, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Lodestone Active Player

So this example happened more often then? Not to say it was all better back then, bugs were all over the place then already.

Im srry, how's paying a sub a free game for me?

Yes pls stay on course, more of PLAYING open a capsule to progress your char.

Btw, today a new personal record, In Phoenix Canon reg, ONLY 7 players crashed while entering the raid lol, we all get back together but stay on course devs,
    • Like x 1
  2. topflow619 Well-Known Player

I crashed a few times in that raid and they said it got fixed but this game is taking us like fools at this point.Nothing major gets fixed for long
    • Like x 1
  3. topflow619 Well-Known Player

Sadly that’s all we can do,I go into some elites and there’s so much bugs that it makes unplayable
  4. unitedmeck Well-Known Player

To make PvP playable we will put the gear in range loot boxes that also can be purchased in the Market place with stabilizers. That has horrible drop rates on 1 or 2 pieces of gear so completion for the 50 pts require no skill just pure luck or cash.

Then if that's doesn't work or generate enough money we can create special PvP artifacts that are seen as multiple play styles options and no way geared toward greed.
  5. Krytin Active Player

Just to let you know it wasn't 14 months normally about 6 but with the original content style they gave you qued content that built on each other and the next thing was harder then the last. The minimum cr for the content changed with each of the raids and alerts. Even the solos and duos were different and challenging to a point. But it normally introduced you to some of the mechanics of the alerts and raids. But you pretty much got 3 different raids and three different alerts no so called elite but the third raid and alert and Duo and solo were far harder and more different the any of the other content. That's what dcu needs again not the same rehashed content the elites are for the most part just the normal raid reused add more adds and have things hit harder. Never mind good quality work. Ever since spytle left and nova core the Russian owned company took over it's been a fleecing just went wild. Unless gaming as a whole need to do a rewind and go for quality instead of easy
    • Like x 1
  6. Wallachia Devoted Player

This game would be better with one of the following options:

1. Fully free to play without paywalls or subscriptions, but with microtransactions for some styles.
    2. Buy to pay but with all perks for free once it's bought.
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I get your sarcasm, but there was something to be said about the time before replays where you would actually play to enjoy the game and progress over a few months vs how it is now where there is a feeling you need to get things done NOW...or you'll never get them done. Or the fact that you could keep up and catch up by the time the next DLC was up by just getting on 3 or 4 days a week (remember league 'raid nights'?) Now you either have to be on every day, or get on and spam replays to keep up. And i'm not even including the gamble boxes....just normal DLC/ Gear progression. Also in those first few years there were not as many seasonals and the ones we had were not as stale as they are here 8 years later. The loss of PVP is a part of it too...but to me not as big a part as the feeling of forced grind needed to keep up.

The sad truth is that we can never go back to 'how it was' whether we want to or not. New DCUO is not old DCUO...can't be.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  8. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

This was true when CR mattered and there was monthly content. Pacing is perfectly fine now.
  9. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

I think 2019 was so ruff because of JLD and the metals..

I hope in 2020 they never even mention a demon or sacrifice or anything devilish... absolutely is not my thing,, jld was a huge no go for me.
  10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

If I was truly being ignorant, I wouldn't have acknowledged the problems that are present in PvP. ;)

But my points stand, and they aren't wrong. As long as a player can duel, queue for a PvP map and otherwise actively fight with/against other players, PvP can't be called broken. If you can fight against other players, it's working. Whether or not it's working well or how some would like it to be working is another matter.

It's why a phrase I keep using in threads like this is " 'Broken' doesn't mean 'it's not working the way I think it should work.' "
    • Like x 1
  11. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Uh what? I understand you don't mind Time Capsule and all Brit, which boggles my mind, but no need to make up things to defend them. Gates of Tartarus Raid came out in the Battle for Earth DLC released on March 13th, 2012 and the Hand of Fate DLC, which had two 8-Player Operations/Raids came out in August 14th, 2012. That was only a gap of 6 months and not to mention that in-between those DLCs the PVP DLC was released. Not sure where you are getting the idea that there was a 14 month gap in-between raids.
  12. Zneeak Devoted Player

Your entire point was to nitpick, not sure if that really qualifies as a point more so than trolling, imo.. :rolleyes: Again, his complaint stems from PvP as a game mode, yet you chose to point at dueing to make your "point". That, and nitpicking the word "broken".

Since you can aknowledge the problems of which his complaint pointed at, I find every reply you've made so far to be entirely pointless.
  13. Madara Well-Known Player

May not be broken but its def not good nor a priority.