Serious concerns about the direction of the game...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by topflow619, Jan 17, 2020.

1. topflow619 Well-Known Player

I love this game for now but when is this game going to get some change because as we know it’s the same content with barely any change and it’s just a milk of cash from us with no fixes to major bugs or any possibility of pvp ever coming back.It’s boring to only do pve because once you do anything you can,what’s the point?This game used to be good back in the day but now it’s money milking until they decide to pull the plug.We waste so much yet no change has happened at all besides bugs from raids that have been rushed.Honestly speaking,how long can anyone play with the same boring content and you can’t even pvp with how broken it is.It’s shame but I’ll only be around for one more year because I won’t expect any big changes to this milk cash game.
    • Like x 5
  2. SekretVillain Loyal Player

This gon be good

*awaits usual suspects*
    • Like x 4
  3. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

I feel exactly the same. I used to spend a lot of time on this game. Chasing every feat and spamming elites. Now I just log in spend about an hour doing dailies then log out. Haven't even touched elite yet this episode and probably only played the raids about 5 times each. I started winding down during Dark Gotham but I pushed through Metal 1. Then the whole mess with the economy happened, and now this game just feels so deflated. The content is lacklustre, the economy is a shell of what it was, and most of the people I spent hours a night with barely even play a single hour now.
    • Like x 1
  4. Brit Loyal Player

People long for the good ol' days, back when we used to wait for 14 months to get one new raid. All this "New Episodes every 3-4 months" jazz has them bored. Too much of a constant supply of stuff to do, with new content every few months instead of nothing for over a year.

Of course it makes sense that the players are mad about Time Capsules. The developers found a monetized way to get players to invest money into a free game, money which has increased the rate of new content releases massively from what it used to be. With the game becoming increasingly financially viable, and constantly expanding with new and interesting content, obviously the players will be angry. Growth, new releases, and a steady flow of new content is the sign of a game that is about to die, whereas a game that was frozen in place and waited literally 14 months after Gates of Tartarus just to get the next raid, which was only a 1 room, 1 boss fight, that kind of cobweb-inducing pause is the sign of a healthy game with a bright future.

/sarcasm off

Development Team, please, stay the course.
    • Like x 6
  5. willflynne 10000 Post Club

You can't even PvP with how broken it is?

Wow, somebody should tell all those folks in the Watchtower/Hall of Doom and outside the safehouses and the mission spot for the Anniversary event and pretty much any other hub/gathering area. They all just keep dueling and fighting one another all the time, so they should really get that memo about PvP being broken and all.

:rolleyes:

Yes, I know, snarky, but I just get tired of folks using the word "broken" as a catch-all when it doesn't always apply. To me, broken means it doesn't work. At all. If a player can queue up for a PvP map or engage in a duel, then PvP isn't broken. That's not to say it doesn't need work, but as long as I can still see folks arguing with one another over the use of "forbidden" items in duels then I can't see PvP as broken. ;)
    • Like x 3
  6. Isif Committed Player

I think "broken" alludes to the fact that a handful of powers with a handful of cheesey moves will have you always coming out on top. Some duelists spam these things and brag in the chat box. That kind of broken...broken...broken...broken. Like skipping record broken. The song is playable but it always skips in the same place. Some folks are content with running the same "strategies" to cheese their opponents, some are not.
    • Like x 1
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

That's an imbalance, and while those situations are frustrating it doesn't mean fighting with another player isn't possible. It just makes it not preferable.

Did I mention I can be pretty nitpicky at times? LOL Seriously, though, I have no problem with folks airing their complaints. But if they aren't using the words that accurately describe the situation and resort to shorthand that can (and usually does) have different meanings and connotations for different people, the likelihood of the problem getting solved decreases significantly.
  8. hoaxone Committed Player

Content drop rate and quality is good. Take destiny 2, who us trying to do a 3 month season dlc. It's kinda terrible right now. If u spam replays and burn out on things, you will need a break eventually. Hell, I've just returned from another yearly break. I'll probably take another break when pso2 drops for xbox.
    I do agree the monetization of the game went from fair, to light speed.
  9. dresserball Dedicated Player

You don't have to like the word broken, but it what we as s community have called it. As a community it is well established what broken along with pvp means. Words can change meanings over time when a group of people continue to use them. It's not your fault you didn't understand the slang that we have here. On that note to words are still being created also.

I am not saying you aren't right, but the other poster was not wrong. Also the devs know what it going on. No matter what you call it there will be no fixes. Or can you not fix an imbalance because it isn't broken?
    • Like x 1
  10. MC GreenLantern Active Player

There is a difference between the duelers and who is actually trying to que up and and run the PvP content. People will sit in HoD and WT or outside safehouses but they aren't queing 4 5 or 8s because it is broken.
    • Like x 2
  11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Doesn't make it an accurate or correct term, though.

Like I said, nitpicky. And a bit stubborn, too. :D
    • Like x 1
  12. dresserball Dedicated Player

It sure does make it correct. It is all relative. How long have you been on the forums? If you were around any bit of time you would know the meaning.
    • Like x 1
  13. Solarbound Committed Player

I took a 3 year hiatus back in 2015 because I saw the poor direction that this game was headed towards. I only returned due to the introduction of the augment system, as I felt it was the kind of change that DCUO needed for the longest. It felt like a breath of fresh air and it reinvigorated the gameplay. Just maybe, Daybreak was finally getting things right. I still enjoy the smoother pathway of augments in terms of the more linear progression that they provide. Yet, I'm getting to a point once again where I'm feeling as if things are becoming stale.

In all honesty, none of this really feels like a game that's been around for 9 years; you know? There's just no true fulfillment of longevity or engagement. That's a feeling we've heavily lost from the old days. I could go on about everything that contributes to that. But, each of us who realize, all have a good idea of what those factors are.

Daybreak truly needs to get back to the roots of what makes a great MMO. These ill-practiced money schemes taking advantage of the community's money is just not the way and completely steers away from that. Where's the development team contribution that provides real substance? The kind of substance that helps this game to evolve? A new shiny material in a Time Capsule to chase after every 2 months isn't doing that.

9 years, man.... 9 years. I'm with you, OP. Growing tired of all this myself. 2020 has to be THE year for major change and I really do hope these DEVS hear us, finding ways to truly fix this. DCUO just needs a true moment to feel reborn.
    • Like x 4
  14. Wildcat Committed Player

every trilogy in DCUO be like...

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  15. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

I just miss the alt friendliness of days past. There is simply too much $$$ needed to keep them up. When I do log in it’s just one toon.
    • Like x 1
  16. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

There was always a flavor of the day. I dont know how this is any different to a few years ago when everyone was running the same rage loadout or prior everyone running the same ice loadout. Do I prefer the 1st year when running two of the same powers in a raid was a big no no? Of course! But people complained that group forming was hard.
  17. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

That ship sailed along time ago.

Nowadays it's cool to skip to endgame, with the least amount of SP or skill, then come to the forums and profess to being good at the game.

When clearly, the game is not as tough as it used to be.

The game is so casual friendly that the toughest time that people have is how they use their RB, whether buying feats or replaying the latest content.

The old days were tough enough to barely even get speed feats, nowadays everybody gets those and don't even have to have a complete group.

We all would be like, back in the day I was beast...but there is no video (exception being DeathMike he was a beast for all them hours he spent beating 1 raid...SOLO back then), you run into the person bragging they get downed for the obvious, and would vigorously defend not earning SP, with the whole argument that it don't equal skill or basically experience.
  18. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

We just need gear rank system and a power pass to get PvP going and making money. Fòr PvP they can work on it easy by making PvP just dps no support powers. Instead ranked pets would act as stat support no pets would attack in PvP. Same should go for pve to clean up combat. Pets should be above our heads and not attack. No more pet trinkets either sidekicks or what not it clouds combat for close range dps. With gear rank system we could play all content not just one for 3 months. Instead of content getting easier it would get harder depending on your rank. So we can play any content we want and get progression. Progression for gear would be experience-based per add ko and boss. PvP would be exp based per ko. Open world would have 3 stone shards if heros get 3 stones they hold 30% dmg out buff for 8 hours. PvP 30% dmg out and pve. A new map would be adds to the game called hero/ villain war ring. In this ring u fight for a stone that give 20% exp for 12 hours in pve and pvp content. These wars can take 3 hours to take down and the most powerful heros/ villains must be there for this. Every 8 hours u must fight to hold the stone or it resets. If ur side has the stone a new map opens with adds and bosses. They drop loot money and more exp at 40%. This game has so much potential to be number one in both pve and PvP for top mmo. It's lost it's way big time but it's not hard to get there once again. simple changes like gear rank and power pass would change many things. The devs need to start talking about what rank system is next on the list and quality of life changes.
  19. Zneeak Devoted Player

Probably the most ignorant comment i've read this week. Since you are aware of the aforementioned snarkyness, i'm sure you're just as aware of the difference in PvP as a game mode and outside dueling.

It's funny how you on the one hand admit that "PvP needs work", which was pretty much the point brought up by the OP regarding the PvP-aspect of his complaint, yet you continue to argue against the OP's point with petty nitpicking over the word "broken". :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  20. Chia Death Well-Known Player

Snark away, "broken" is the second-most over- and inappropriately used word in the game, right after "toxic".