Premium Members should get Royal chroma material to

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BanesRampage, Jan 11, 2020.

1. not_again Dedicated Player

If you are premium you get what you paid for! Did you pay for the chromas? No you didn’t so you don’t get them. Subscribers pay for all the things listed in the membership package plus additional bonuses. Those bonuses usually include an annual gift around the anniversary of the game. This has been this way for years. The differences between legendary and premium is getting less and less.

Imagine these premium complainers if they went back to giving subscribers early episode access. Better yet let’s go back to that devs! Maybe some of these ungrateful whiners will subscribe.
    • Like x 3
  2. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Most people call it STD. ;)
    • Like x 1
  3. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I never said 3,000 wasn't an issue.

What I put there was the fact that the OP could've clearly upgraded to Legendary Membership and eliminated the 3,000 cash cap problem; but when he replied to me he said the unlimited cash wasn't worth the sub. So he chooses to live with that cash cap as nobody else tells him to keep staying premium.

I also never said the Chromas were free either, I told him if he wanted the chroma's he can just pay the extra $15 like everyone else.

Yeah it's called a business model, it's working as intended as it's done for the past 7-8 years since premium and F2P were implemented.

F2P is basically trial mode, gets you a taste of what the game is like.

Premium: You can continue playing, but you get what you pay for and continue to keep what you purchased forever; albeit with some limitations.

Legendary: The best value purchase for the game and a lot less expensive than buying everything as a premium player with the only caveot being that subs will lose everything if they don't renew.

And economic situations aren't going to be taken into account with business models; you know that just as well as I do.

If the game isn't even worth $5, aka not worth upgrading to premium in your eyes: Then your about the wrong person to be preaching about "freedom to choose" as that just simply doesn't exist in any MMO period; because they won't function without revenue.

The matter of fact is just about every MMO that has a F2P model gives perks to those who subscribe and limit those who purchase what they want. It's just in DCUO's case, it's a lot more noticeable.

If you people don't care for the chroma's like you claim you don't, then why are you continuing to waste time replying here? The developers aren't going to hand out items for people that aren't willing to support the game.

I'm done replying to this topic.

If you want better things and gifts, pay the sub for it. Otherwise, don't bother.
    • Like x 4
  4. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Well, there is a fix in place for that particular issue. It costs real world money though, which is a whole other issue that a lot of people don't want to deal with.
    • Like x 1
  5. Xibo Loyal Player

You can become a member with a debit card. You don't need a credit card to do that.
    • Like x 4
  6. Walvine Well-Known Player

Seems you may have missed the point on 3,000 that you need to pay twice for content inside something you ALREADY purchased aka a paywall.

Example ,lightning strikes about 3.99 real life money alone
    Plans super speed exobyte 3,150 ...
    Plans bolt sports drink 7,350 ...
    Plans shock sports drink 7,350 ...
    Plans flashbang grenade 7,350 ...
    Solving the issue is having a sub aid you instead of escrow in purchase these are not op features just regular novelty consumables denied.
    But true fix would be lowering ingame price or raising cap per cr relivance to episode content to obtain novelty .
  7. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I get how you feel, but we didn't get hosed on anything. Like premiums, we got what WE paid for. And while you see these Chromas as limiting, many of us see it the opposite way. While it's all a matter of personal perspective, no one is losing here.
    • Like x 2
  8. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The ONLY people being treated like garbage right now is Mental & Sorcery players. Everyone else is getting treated EXACTLY how they chose to be treated. There are no hidden gotchas or surprises. When you sign up to be Premium you know upfront what does and doesn't come with that. If you willingly signed up for that then you know what you're in for. Own that decision, don't come here talking about what you didn't get when you are fully aware what Premium comes with (or doesn't in this case). Your opinion isn't fact, so saying they're being treated like garbage is just inflammatory rhetoric.

Also, what should happen is that these materials should be made available on the Marketplace, so that EVERYONE can enjoy them on whatever toon they wish to have any of these variant colors. And if premiums are true to their word, they can show further support to the game and buy them. Win-Win for everyone.
    • Like x 4
  9. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

And if this incentive isn't enough to make anyone subscribe, then they really don't want this gift...they're just arguing to argue at that point.
    • Like x 3
  10. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I'm down for that and I think the price should be $15, no less.

I feel like if they get on the MP people should pay the same price as what subscribers paid for them.

That way we truly see how badly they want the materials and they won't be able to duck the current price of $15 as it is right now to sub and get them.
    • Like x 1
  11. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Hell, considering the now inferior Champions Pack which has 3 materials was the same price, and this one brings 7, i'd say that's a great deal if they did that.
    • Like x 1
  12. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

The entire thing is a great deal right now as it is.

But it's clear we got people that want to have their cake and eat it too.

Because even if they do own everything as a premium and go over to legendary they still get:
    150 RB.

500 Marketplace cash.

Unlimited in-game cash.

That's on top of the 7 mats and the additional artifact grant members get.

But I ain't gonna hate if they bring it to the Marketplace because there's always alts I can put these mats on since they are a one time use only.
    • Like x 2
  13. Rainnifer Committed Player

This right here is why I don't see what the big issue is with a premium player who supposedly shelled out hundreds of dollars buying all the dlc simply making one quick purchase of legendary membership. They can pretend they spent like 5$ on the membership or something, since they most likely already buy marketplace cash as well as replay badges. It's really hard for me to see the big problem they have. Heck even with the cash, the ones that complain about not being able to buy some things from dlc vendors (like the plans) can just "buy some marketplace cash and replay badges and an "escrow" token" all in one go and buy all those plans they need.
    It'd only be a measly 15$ added to their supposed 100+ total on the game, at the very least. Not to mention that "escrow token" will last a whole month instead of the usual 3 days to a week? I haven't looked at those in a while.

Which when you think about it is definitely fairer in the long run. They spend less money than subscribers do, yet they complain about not getting everything the subscribers get...
    • Like x 3
  14. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

by the logic ive seen does it mean because ive spent hundreds of dollars on Amazon I should get free 2 day shipping on all orders (a Prime perk) when I don't have and "refuse" to pay for prime?
    • Like x 2
  15. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Seems you may have missed my point - I'll simplify it: Subscribe, or do without the goodies.
    • Like x 3
  16. Barry Allen Well-Known Player

The problem of the people when they start a debate or a conversation is they start it with the porpoise to imposes one idea and not in order to listen the other side of the matter. He is complaining about the fact the premium member are ignored from day 0, being premium has no value on this game, free members have more benefits than premiums, for example the open dlc, most of the premiums have all dlc so they dont care about the open episodes, also they havent the material gifts cos arent legendarys, so what is the point to be premium? if they have 3 different and individual scales must be more stronger differences between each others in other way just delete premium scale and mix them to free players. The game doesnt match with the cost of a legendary membership, you pay 6 month for recycled content, few gifts, no cash cap, marketplace discounts and free DG cash, thats is ok, premiums dont have problem with pay more in MP or buy recycled content, not even with cash caps (but that is other discussion) the only matter is there is NO difference between free and premium just 1k extra cash (not even 1k per dlc bought, just 1k period) BUT premium support the game more than the free players, what would you say if premiums get more benefits or gifts or whatever than a legendary member? well is the same between premiums and free players, and that is the point of the core of the matter...

And for finish, companies like steam have in count the limits and regulation of each region and make all as they can to give the users an equal treat, special discount per zone or different dollar values, so dont try to overtake me with that crap of "business model" there im sure you dont understand anything about it, a good business model do not exclude potential clients is all the opposite
  17. Barry Allen Well-Known Player

Ok look we have 3 different and individual membership ranges, right? free, premium and legendary... so the difference between legendary and premium is stronger, we can see the benefits of being legendary and that is cool and premiums agree with that differences THAT IS NOT THE PROBLEM, but when you see the differences between a free player and a premium, you could see any differences just the 1k extra cash for premiums that was even implemented for them was for, AGAIN, help the new free players (i didnt get any "help" when FOS 2 was the most harder s h i t ever).
    So you really still thinking that a premium pay what they want to pay for be treated worst than a free player? free players have access even to the DLC in the event mode but a premium cant even repair by themselves, cmon what game are you playing there you cant see what a fact is? premium < free < legendary, that wasnt what premiums pay for... and i agree with the other part of your text.
  18. Proxystar #Perception

The artifact gift alone is worth subscribing for as it's about $25 worth of Nth Metal, you then get another 500DBC, 150 replays and the materials, it's worth subscribing for even if you then cancel afterwards.

In terms of the materials themselves, they should just sell them individually on the marketplace for $5-$10 each.
    • Like x 4
  19. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I don't understand the logic you're trying to use where Free players somehow have it better than premiums. There are clear differences between Free players and premium.

Never mind the 1k in-game cash difference...Free players can't trade, Premiums can. If a Premium player buys inventory/bank/shared bank space, they get to keep that as long as the game stays alive. Similarly the same goes for DLCs...there is a hard wall for FTP (At the edge of T5), whereas after this month of open episodes is over Premium players will still be able to play whatever content they own. In fact, anything they buy they can continue to use. Free players don't have that at all. So pretending that Free players have it better than Premium is laughably facetious.

Premiums pay for what they want, and that's what they get. And as to the actual subject at hand, this was never a thread about Premium benefits being bad...you've turned it about that...this is about the OP asking for Premiums to get a gift given specifically to Members without actually paying to be a member (even if only for a month). You have some people pretending that Chroma Gift set isn't really worth a month of membership, or that premium is getting shafted despite their great contributions and so on and so on....but we all know that gift set has a great value to many....otherwise why ask for it???

Either it has enough value to sub up for at least a month or you can stop all the pretense and admit you want something for nothing, in which case this thread should end. And if you really want them to re-evaluate Daybreak's business plans for this game i'd suggest you start a thread about that specifically instead.
    • Like x 5
  20. Barry Allen Well-Known Player

All those things that you mentioned arent a benefit! benefits is something that you get for less money or free, for example MP discount for legendarys or event mode/open episode for free players, those are benefits, how can you call benefit to something you pay more expensive than others? premiums dont complaint about the costs of the marketplase that is what they want pay for, but when they see the free players get open episodes and legendarys free gifts is obvious that they will think "wtf? what about me?" the chromas or whatever they gifted this time arent even in MP... dude cmon...