Anniversary Event and the further dumbing down of DCUO

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Reinheld, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yes...I'm glad you agree with me. Although to be fair, revamp was only needed because of the other changes of years past (like AM/WM/ Overpowered powers weapons and artifacts), which the slobbering masses also were exited about. Like I said....futher dumbing things down....this was not the first thing nor will it be the last.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  2. Controller Devoted Player

I've come close at least THREE TIMES to getting that speed feat as it was before. Had hand-picked players and everything.

Don't mind the changes here.

If we want tough feats then go try PC E or DM E. Plenty of tough feats to achieve in this game.

If you were able and fortunate enough to get in before then pat yourself on the back.

If I get it now then I'll pat myself on the back as well.

It's only 25 feat points and as it stands now that won't get me to 452 SPs.
  3. Jurandyr Ross Well-Known Player

Mind you that you will still need consumables for the harder feats.
  4. spack2k Steadfast Player

i couldnt care less, logged in got the three new feats... cya next year
    • Like x 4
  5. Proxystar #Perception

The anniversary "Event", key word being event, was not nor should it ever have been perceived as being a "training ground" for new players to really learn anything other than have a bit of celebratory fun, what you should be advocating is for a "training instance" not trying to turn what is argubaly the biggest "in game celebration" in to a training ground to teach players.

As always Reinheld, I respect your view, but I 100% don't agree with it, not because I don't want to have things in game that teach new players but because only that this isn't the appropriate place for it, I didn't miss your point, I just don't agree with it :)

Event's and Elite shouldn't even be uttered in the same sentence ;)
    • Like x 12
  6. Miss Adora Loyal Player

honestly I don't mind, if the event goes faster, it is better. Should be fun, bad enough the rest the game is work, nice to finally have something fun and fast.

Adora
    • Like x 2
  7. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

eh im ok with these changes, it is an event afterall. not that I don't get the complaints about it since most of my characters got most if not all the feats last year, but this makes it a little easier for the ones that hadn't finished em out yet to do so and maybe squeak an extra sp.
    • Like x 1
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Ok, not to stretch this out more, but I think maybe I have a different perspective. Besides the lowbie toons on my member account, I run on multiple toons on different premium accounts. I can tell you from experience that in about 90% of all the runs that Non-Endgame players can run (old DLC or event runs) there is 0% communication and 10% use of roles as required save the occasional healer. I can also tell you that I've gotten the feats in this run on ALL of those non-endgame toons (about 20) in years past and in those groups regardless of who was in there (noobs or experienced) the only way things got done was because of communication and the use of roles and tactics. If 1 or 2 players walked out of those runs thinking "hey that was fun...thought the game was just pew-pew-pew"....I think that was good. I never said event is parallel with elite or that the run should be a 'training ground' only that it did cause some players to experience the game as it should be played where their chances of doing that elsewhere is about 0 if they do not get pulled into a good league or group of friends who will hand guide them through the game.

Yes...it's a event celebration. Shouldn't we be celebrating the things that made the game good in years past vs the way it is now?

I'm fine with agreeing to disagree Proxy...so I'll drop it. I do find it funny that some of the people saying 'this is great...we can be done faster' are the same people who will say they sit in the stabilizer run for 20 min taunting the squatters just to prove a point.

Reinheld
  9. Proxystar #Perception

I personally think the more appropriate venue in which players can experience or train so to speak in how the game should be played is the more regular event based DLC content.

These are short time limited events where everyone's just in it for a little fun and enjoyment, I agree that the event itself shouldn't be completely trivialized, don't get me wrong but at the same time "difficulty" shouldn't really be at the forefront of ones mind, enjoyment should be.

This event, really is no different than any other event such as Christmas, Valentines etc, just because it's 8 man doesn't mean the difficulty should be any more significant in terms of it being an event.

When people came in asking for an "event version SM" they got torn apart and rightfully so, because what they were asking for wasn't appropriate, isn't asking for "elite" and I'm not necessarily saying you're going that far, but let's say even difficult events, not somewhat doing the same thing to the opposite end of the player base.

The events are 100% catered to virtually the entire player base and this includes the noobs, casuals, elites and everyone in between and is intended to be a bit of fun.
    • Like x 5
  10. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Dint read the thread other than the OP, so if someone called it sorry, but dont they usually put this on test? Where this year they didnt, so perhaps that's why. Just my guess.
  11. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Please
    Dumb down LPvE next....lol
    • Like x 8
  12. Controller Devoted Player

I'm hoping that the next CR boost will grant the "Natural Talent", feat lol.
  13. nawanda Loyal Player

Are you unaware that they work in many other places too?

For example last week we had a special person in a PCe run, who kept stepping in the metal pools. Quick thinking use of Qwa bombs saved the day.
  14. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I like the term quick thinking when we all just know anybody who's used it is just trying to squeeze out a bit more cheese on the scorecard.

It's main purpose otherwise was to serve as a way to deal with the mobs quickly in the event raid.

If you run with it to do just a little bit extra damage then more power to you, but I'm not going to shy away from stating that the consumable is still useless otherwise.
  15. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

It probably didn’t make test because they didn’t make a gear set this year & they knew theyd more then likely catch heat for it...
    to me it seems like everyone besides me had low expectations because nobody is as upset as me... i really was on here talking about grinding it out all January... Then to make it even worse i got that crystal turret to drop my first run! Usually id be jumping w joy but not this time..

Plus alot of us use materials for their styles, so we cant even see the effects or whatever the tubes have,,, yes lets flood us with materials then make a style that looks dumb while using them..

I hope this lackluster doesn’t have anything to do with the economy issue at the end of 2019
  16. hazard099 Active Player

i am on both sides of this i loved the challenge of this and was shocked how much easier it was but i liked getting in and out quicker but how about an elite version for those seeking a challenge if that is possible
    • Like x 1
  17. Brit Loyal Player

I'm all in favor of challenging content, but I don't think a stat-clamped Seasonal Event is the place for it to occur. By it's very nature, the Seasonal Event provides stat-clamping. The hardest challenges in the game, in my opinion, should be ones that I have to complete with the character that I have built, not with some beefed up, enhanced, stat-clamped upward version that is gifted some sort of invisible, normalized gear.

If they want to make a couple of feats that are truly the biggest challenges in the game, then I would hope they would put them in the Elite Raids or in Survival Mode, and not some seasonal or Legends where all of our hard work and preparation gets wiped away so we can all be given some bloated, normalized stats.
    • Like x 2
  18. nawanda Loyal Player

I was in troll role and I remembered I had about 20 in my inventory.

Would it kill you to just accept that someone else has made a fair point in a reasonable way?

Your statement that qwa bombs may as well be deleted wasn’t quite correct, but rather than acknowledge that, I get the above nonsense.

I don’t know why I even bother with this forum.
  19. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

While I also don't particularly like that they made the Centennial Collapse feats easier, I understand why they may want to do it. The population after the economy/tax fiasco has dropped significantly, whatever they do to keep current/new (and maybe some returning) players happy is something I support.

(I finished all the feats last year when they were more difficult, so my supporting the change isn't because I need/want the feats to be easier for my own personal gain.)
    • Like x 1
  20. SekretVillain Loyal Player

No they put stuff on test to makes sure the actual content itself doesn't have glitches and bugs the best they can and is fine tuned difficulty wise for a event. None of that got to happen this year so we got what we got. Play it or skip up to yall. I'm getting my feats js.