OP Weapon

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by lllStrichcodelll, Dec 30, 2019.

1. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Since we've finally arrived at the Point of re-purchasable OP Items, how about an Upcoming OP Item as a weapon box?

Any thoughts?
  2. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Naw weapon effects cr the most better leave that as a reg item imo
  3. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i dont get why this would be a downside/Problem. Can you explain it in more detail please?
    • Like x 1
  4. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Since CR differential isn't a thing anymore I don't see why that would be an issue. Besides, weapon has the same weighting as chest and legs at 12% (although to be fair we don't have any chest or leg OP items), and has just a tiny bit more weight than the head (which is 11%) and we've had a few OP heads.

Just as a note, the percentages used above are according to DCUOBloguide, so if they're not up to date numbers then my apologies.
    • Like x 1
  5. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Pretty sure weapon had a 1% higher effect than chest legs, and I think chest and legs were only 11% and weapon was 12%.

Because if memory serves me correctly as I said weapon holds more weight than anything else you can buy or obtain. That and doing op items on the actual gear pieces they can do actual styles for the OP gear.
  6. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Actually we have had a OP chest piece. The Darkseid chest piece. https://dcuniverseonline.fandom.com/wiki/Chestguard_of_Omnipotence_(Elite)
    • Like x 2
  7. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I have the weighting stored locally from the last time it was changed, which still appears to be accurate. Chest and legs are weighted the most (12%), followed by the head piece (11%), followed by the weapon and shoulders (10%).

The hardest thing about making an op weapon would be coming up with 11 new iconic weapon designs that potentially fit a single theme. All op items (that are for a style slot) have had unique iconic styles related to the episode where they are obtained. We haven't had many new weapon styles in a long time. Part of the allure of op items are the exclusive styles, which is why people still farm for them when they are no longer relevant. So I don't think releasing op items with recycled styles would go over well.
    • Like x 1
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

There's a few weapon styles they could do: Spear of Destiny, Trident of Poseidon, The God Killer
    • Like x 2
  9. Korlick Loyal Player

Would be nice. Something like the old Central City weapons. With some special proc.
    That would increase the desire to get them.
  10. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sunblade
    • Like x 1
  11. Hraesvelg Always Right

I much prefer when the OP piece also counts for an Elite affinity tick.
    • Like x 1
  12. Jafin 10000 Post Club

• Like x 1
  13. FoolsFire Devoted Player

The weapon style I've always wanted is Firestorms atomic blasters. Have the molecules slowly spin until you use them and then they speed up.

[IMG]
    • Like x 3