Is it just me?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BabyBoyzim, Dec 26, 2019.

1. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

Being honest. I feel like the boss battles in game, especially raids, have gotten way too long and are just boring. Fights last forever, and are just not alt friendly and agonizing. Nothing is hard, but the difficulty was replaced by high HP pools for bosses and seemingly every add in the fight. I did the event version of one of the new raids, and holy crap, we were fighting forever. Just wasn’t fun, and after we beat it, I turned the game off due to sheer boredom.

I ask because I don’t play anymore. Just came back to try the past few dlc. Are raids just boring as heck now? Was I maybe missing mechanics to speed this crap up? I haven’t played in a long time, but man, this game used to be so much fun.
    • Like x 1
  2. Zneeak Devoted Player

Proper burn and abiding by the mechanics should net you a fast run, random que an event-raid with Low level randoms and yeah, expect things not to be over in 5 minutes. It's the same old principle as it always was.

Elite content however have greater HP pools more so than the regular/event content.
    • Like x 3
  3. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

Thanks. Maybe I’ll try a premade group for the other raid. It was just agonizing bro.
  4. Zneeak Devoted Player

Go in with an average, half-decent group in any of the regular raids and you should see a noticable difference in time. I rarely run the event-runs because pugging with randoms in such content is bound to take you to Slo' mo'-town, lol.
    • Like x 1
  5. myandria Item Storage

What's wrong with "Slo'mo-town?"
  6. Zneeak Devoted Player

Ask the actual OP, not me. i'm just telling him where to go if he's after faster runs.
    • Like x 1
  7. Black Jaq Devoted Player

What I find is when people start dying that is what hurts more than anything. The chicken hawk fight is worse when players don't realize they have to stop DPS because they aren't doing any damage and then they are knocked out because they didn't block or hide. They just expect shields to absorb or healers to heal through it.
  8. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You're a few years kind of late...this "issue" was talked about as far back as Amazon Fury 1...right after the introduction of Weapon Mastery.

Jokes aside (although that was true), the real issue is that you went into the event version. Main reason I don't run the event version of content for "quick" marks is because it's anything but quick when you just queue it up (unless you have at least 4 competent players in there). The burn is almost always beyond lackluster (think 30-40 mil vs 13mil or less). The range of players is all over the place (below 30, lower CR players), and they almost always lack cohesion. They don't know how to co-ordinate or even follow instructions given in the chat box. And if mechanics aren't followed, the fight gets dragged out even further.
    • Like x 1
  9. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

If the regular raid can be run in 10-20 minutes on average, and the Event version is "easier", it stands to reason that runs of the event version should be around the same time more or less. When the event version is going longer than a regular run with pugs, something is seriously wrong...and a lot of valuable time is being wasted.
  10. Korlick Loyal Player

The Barbatos raid can be a nightmare if randomly que. That card game part...man... people dont knowing what to do + dont listening to those who do know...ughh...
    If you dont have 2 or 3 players that knows what to do, its imposible.
    • Like x 1