Can’t kick ppl during DM card game

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Critical Massacre, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Critical Massacre Committed Player

This is killing me. Seems like there is always one A hole during the dm card game that just grabs cards and places them with no regard to how the game works. They never read the messages or just don’t care. These ppl need to be kicked but it always says we re in combat even when we’re not. This makes the mission impossible to complete while they are playing. Devs can you fix this?
    • Like x 2
  2. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

I'm not sure how it is on other platforms. But, in my experience, this raid seems somewhat hard to cue for via the On Duty Menu on the Nintendo Switch. I'm guessing due to that portion of the raid, many people have chosen only to run it with either their leagues or private groups with players they are already familiar with. And I can't blame them, all it takes is one player to screw it up for everyone.

I'd suggest they do something similar with what they did for the Metal 1 Bat-cave Breach alert (at least for Event versions). If the four players really could not get their act together and turn the four cogs at the same time, after a certain number of tries Oracle (for the heroes) or Calculator ( for villains) would say they turned off the alarms for you and just let you through.

Although I do like it when the Devs change things up a bit with challenges like this, I think they overestimate the level of communication that actually happens in PUG instances.
    • Like x 2
  3. tukuan Devoted Player

I haven't had this issue yet, other than the first day but I can certainly see where it'd be a problem. Although I get why it's there, the whole not kicking in combat can certainly suck in other areas. Seasonal events are a good example you are in combat from the git-go so you can't tell that someone is just AFKing until it kicks off and then you are stuck with them unless you rage-quite.
    • Like x 1
  4. tukuan Devoted Player

Yes please. As above at least in the event versions.
    • Like x 1
  5. Walvine Well-Known Player

Alternate way to get rid of them is watch and see which option they choose for reopen instance ,Just choose opposite option to them and they should disappear.
  6. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I haven't had that option but dealt with people who either don't pay attention to chat, ignore it, or just don't care. At this point, the card game shouldn't give people issues, should be an easy pass. Sadly I have been in groups where people claim know what they are doing, then turns out they really don't.
    • Like x 1
  7. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Same thing happened in the JLD raid with the memory game. Always one dude hitting the wrong thing then thinking he's funny
    • Like x 1
  8. Critical Massacre Committed Player

Yeah the JLD was similar but eventually you can get past it, card game however doesn’t allow you to pass unless you actually do it so something must change. I’d prefer a kick so ppl learn but I guess an automatic pass will suffice.
    • Like x 1
  9. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Use LFG, problem solved
  10. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

How about we dont kick people..
  11. Critical Massacre Committed Player

A dude flying around placing cards because he wants to see a cat fight with no regard for the game should be kicked. He was doing this while dark robins were still up, so it wasn’t like he was bored and didn’t have anything to do, he was just being a dick.
    • Like x 2
  12. Critical Massacre Committed Player

A holes are on LFG too, there is no safe place from idiots in the game.
  13. Chia Death Well-Known Player

If you're looking for a way to avoid idiots in the game....
  14. SekretVillain Loyal Player

True as that may be I've found less from LFG then just blind Qing, because in blind Qs ppl think its anything goes and nobody can say anything or do anything
  15. Solarbound Committed Player

You gave the answer to your own question. Because you're in combat. Regardless, of those brief moments where nothing is happening in preparation for the next phases of the card game. Guess your only option at this point is to have every member of the group who's coherent enough to pay attention wipe and then you're able to kick that nuisance of a member out. I mean, that's the way it has always worked. But, your grief is more than understandable.
  16. Echo Blue Committed Player

Hello everyone,

You can kick people after the "Wipe", when everyone respawns at the very beginning rally point. My P.U.G. group kicked a player who just kept sending random cards. We warned him with Group, Say, Shout, and Tell texts, we wiped twice. The player never acknowledged anything so we kicked them after 3rd wipe.
  17. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I cussed out someone after I specifically said if you don't know what you are doing, don't touch anything. If someone wanted it explained they should have see said and I would have been glad to.
  18. High Troller Loyal Player

Fellowship we got books, Shattered Gotham we got Platforming, MoM we got poison ivy spores and alloy transfer, False Idols we got anvils to click on-supply drop death traps-lightning rods...

i fought the fight. failed. unfortunately this is the wave of the future. the more we fight it, the more outside-the-box mechanics they add to new content.

perhaps a possible resolve would be a group vote to skip? definitely would help those that run DM Elite for first boss. lol