Vendor elite gearing system needs an overhaul.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Reverse Sentry, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Reverse Sentry Active Player

Okay so this logical-issue has been in my mind for days now and I wanna talk about it.

So currently there are two sets of gear. There is the normal version and elite version.
    The normal version is more for the "casual" type of player and merely affects the "elite" type of player.
    Tho, the elite player has to buy it for the 50pt, either directly from the vendor or on ones alt.
    The problem of the way you earn and later utilize the elite gear is kinda nonsense to me.
    So you need to run the elite raids in order to earn the renown needed to buy the elite pieces, but why gathering elite pieces when the raids are being finished with normal or even old gear, why do we even have to gather the elite gear then, there is no purpose to it aslong as there isn´t something "more difficult" such as Survival Mode.
    Once you beat the elite raids its just pure boring farming of marks without any goal of gearing up.

Leave your opinions please, thanks in advancee.
  2. SekretVillain Loyal Player

You know theres already a SM thread correct we didnt really need another one
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

This is one of the reasons why I stopped chasing elite gear after AoJ. By the time you've saved up enough renown for the elite gear, it is quickly replaced by the next episode's trash gear. And when we thought SM was gone for good I just didn't see a point in running elite raids anymore.
  4. Shark Dental Devoted Player

It glows.
    • Like x 4
  5. Chia Death Well-Known Player

This.

But seriously, it's pretty much just for bragging rights. Elite isn't meant for everyone, it's an option that is available for the players who want something more difficult than the normal content. It's largely just bragging rights (obviously aside from the feats- was it's been mentioned elite gear has a pretty short relevancy window if you don't use replays to spam your way to it early).
  6. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

Personally I think we should do away with normal/elite and consolidate everything into something in between the way it was during the FOS2 and Prime days.

You can get through elite content with regular vendor gear. Kinda makes chasing the elite pieces kind of stupid. something about the word "elite" that triggers players into thinking its actually special.

At this point is it wise to exclude players from any content casual or not. we just dont have the population. Its come to a point where even finding a dps for any content is tough. They need to start working on bringing players back and keeping new players from quitting once they get into end game territory.
  7. OG ELITE Committed Player

I’ve always thought elite gear was a waste of time. You run harder versions of raids to earn gear that make the harder content easier. Nobody will like this but in my opinion elite gear should give you a slight boost in Cr but drop certain stats. Players want elite raids for the challenge yet they earn prizes that make the content easier. I would think the higher Cr would give you the bragging rights but dropping key stats on the gear would increase the challenge.

What do I know though, I quit doing elite content a long time ago because realistically all it does is give you a slight advantage on a new dlc for the 1st few days.
  8. Legasei Well-Known Player

I too feel that there’s something a little off about gear I grinded weeks for becoming obsolete to gear that drops several times a week.