"...expect our investigations and actions to be complete early next week"

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TalosStark, Dec 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TalosStark Level 30

It's Wednesday. So "mid-week" now. Can we get an update on your investigations and actions please? I feel like a key aspect of the game has been absent for far too long and it impacts game play. Unfortunately the greed and/or lack of integrity of some players has become mass punishment on the general in-game populace. Please update us even if the 'fix' is forthcoming. Thank you.
  2. Zekivas New Player

The extended maintenance announcement is only for pc, so it looks like consoles will have to wait a day so the fixes can be stress tested by live players.
  3. Dene Devoted Player

it says pc/ps but only US

***i'm assuming EU will get any changes made (IF there are changes) during their DT
    • Like x 1
  4. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

Yup US/PC but while I think it is about the economy fix, has anyone seen any statements from the DEVS to that effect?
  5. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

...*ahem*...

SOON
  6. Darth Piper Loyal Player

They won't make any statements until they are well into the maintenance and it's going as expected.

My guess as to what's going on:
    1. Broker will be reenabled with new pricing restrictions and/or new listing fees
    2. "Account bound" restrictions on Metal: Part II items will be lifted (this is probably a good chunk of the time because of having to not only update the tag, but update the individual inventories of every player who has them)
    3. Cash trading restrictions will be lifted
    4. If any adjustments are made to bank accounts, they will also occur.
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Not disagreeing with those things happening, but #2 would not take that much time. They dont' need to visit everyone's inventory to make the change, they just change item 12948573028345 or whatever a specific item is tagged in the DB (Example the Bulldozer soder plan from Metal II) and it's changed for everyone everywhere. By my count there should be about 40-50 items with the collections and plans...I don't think base items are 'account bound'...but if they are, + those too....I have no idea how many base items there are.

I'd guess #4 might be the most time, assuming it's not just a 'wipe' or some level number like 100K max across the board...or nothing at all. Any other cash adjustment will require research or implementation that would take time. The fact that the 'correction' has been taking so long gives me hope that the fix will be more than just a 'wipe' or 'nothing'.

Reinheld
  8. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Shrug, we're gonna find out.

Usually, 8 hour long server breaks have news *before* they happen, not after...
  9. Hellclown127! Well-Known Player

No patch notes, no communication just another day for daybreak devs to not communicate with the people that literally PAY FOR THEIR JOBS!!!!!!
  10. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

You bought a product. That doesn't make you their employer.

Settle down.
  11. Hellclown127! Well-Known Player

It doesn't matter, without the playerbase they have no job. Yet they constantly show that they dont care by not communicating. Look at the hundreds of posts on these forums with no responses.
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

What would you have them say? Anything they say about what they are going to do would be met with outrage anyway, and could lead to the mad devious geniuses to find a way to circumvent the correction. They could give a date, but I'd guess as they don't have one yet, things are still being worked on and they can't talk about it (see above comment). Honestly, although I'd like to know myself, Mepps posting the line about 'early next week' was probably a mistake as now everyone is looking for the answer. He'd have been better off sticking with 'soon' and that they were working on it.

If there is one thing that this community has proven is that we are MORE impatient with the devs if a date/timeframe is set and missed vs never set at all. Yes, we want to know what and when, but we won't like either answer and won't be able to do anything about it once it's in....I guess we'll just have to be good with 'something' is happening 'soon'.

Reinheld
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.