New Emotes and Personalities

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Alpha Kryptonian, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Alpha Kryptonian New Player

Disclaimer -
    Not my idea just posted it,
    I Know others may have had this idea before i claim no originality
    I dont expect Devs to do this as it is frustrating to code emotes and animate them, same with personalities

New Personalities -
    New personalities could add some new aesthetic to the game - the general argument they made

New Emotes -
    During content i see different emotes used by NPC's and Our characters i feel like they'd be fun to use ingame like the armcross one or the worship one, maybe the knocked out one from pvp just some newer ones for people to have fun with.

Current Emotes -
    So someone mentioned this and i took an interest, i noticed if you change your character from say a spry tall to a medium striker i noticed some of the emotes glitch out and you could use one and it may appear to be inside you head
    • Like x 1
  2. Witchism New Player

I was JUST talking about this with my friend, I feel like more personalities can take customization to a whole new level. A lot of people that play MMOs including myself find character customization one of the main factors to a game. While I love the game, more personalities are an important need. Don't get me wrong, I love the progression this game is already taking, but I feel like the current choice of personalities are being left behind idea-wise. I'm all for implementing more personalities!
  3. Raven Roth Committed Player

Still waiting on that meditate and regal emote
  4. Brit Loyal Player

I would gladly spend Daybreak Cash to make a marketplace purchase for even some minor tweaks to the existing personalities, like alternative flight poses and superspeed runs, as well as options that are otherwise not available. The in-game model for Joker, for example, uses the Female Flirty personality. Even if they were unable to devote resources into actually new emotes and personalities, I would still pay for Flight that looks like Atlantis Swim animation, or superspeed/acrobatics that matches the gorilla form animation for a more feral hands-and-feet style of running.
    • Like x 1
  5. Alpha Kryptonian New Player

i want the meditate one too it'd be awesome for my circe and raven
    • Like x 1
  6. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

Arms out (like airplane pose), both arms forward, both arms back. All better than the wonky looking one arm forward thing we have now. Now that the Sparkle Movement Style makes it so that you don't see discs under the feet anymore (could still see them with the smoke/cloud movement styles) in Skimming, I'm changing my main's movement the next time respec tokens go on sale.
    • Like x 1
  7. the solowing Steadfast Player

I dont see it happening, the emotes/stances that Superiormouse suggested in 2013 gets no traction on the forum anymore. Besides people have been waiting for emotes for 6+ years and nothing added in that area post launch
    • Like x 1
  8. Jak-Man Committed Player

I don't think they even care about character customization anymore.
  9. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Yes, because new auras, outfits, costume pieces, materials and accessories coming with new episodes, seasonal events or things like Survival Mode don't count. ;)

Slight snarkiness aside, you'd be looking at making new animations and poses that would have to be tested and work on all body types for both genders. That can't be an easy task, and without knowing what sort of resources are available to them there's the distinct possibility that such work could end up affecting other projects in the game.
  10. Ryuvain2 Level 30

Still waiting on catwoman personality and claws.
  11. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

I want a Catwoman version of Martial Arts. I really want the whip kicks she does.