Have a question about switching powers

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Desolent, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Desolent New Player

So I recently just purchases a membership for this game and have been playing through it. I realized at level 22 that I don't want to continue playing that power and wondered if I could switch it. I went to check and switching your power cost $10 for one character. Are you serious? I paid for a membership and don't get at least 1 power respec. Am I overlooking something?
  2. L T Devoted Player

At level 22 just start over. It's really not until you've invested serious time and money into a single character that changing powers becomes worthwhile. Really I'd suggest trying out a bunch of different powers and see which one(s) you enjoy.

Every two months of being subscribed you get enough loyalty bucks to change powers (or movement mode) if you want. From time to time, they give out gifts to members -- one time we all got free power respec tokens. That doesn't happen often though.
    • Like x 4
  3. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

we call them "Alts" round these here parts...
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  4. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

What he said. At Level 22 it's early enough for you to just create an "alt" and start over. Maybe choose a different movement while you're at it.

BTW, wasn't there supposed to be a place in the Watch Tower War Room where we could test out all the powers offered in the game?
  5. Brit Loyal Player

If you subscribe to the Legendary Plan for 1 month, you can access all 15 powersets, which conveniently also comes with 16 character slots, allowing you to actually try them all. Feel them out and see what you like. That $15 sub for a month will do a whole lot more for you than a $10 power change would, especially if you only have access to the 6 starter powers.

I've made a point of trying them all, and I've determined certain powersets that I really like, certain ones I hate, and a few that I love but only in one of their specific roles. If you're really serious about wanting to play to the endgame, some of the best advice I can give you is to dabble with all powerset and all roles so that you find what you enjoy before you commit too deep.

If you're legitimately feeling so put off by restarting that you're willing to buy a powerchange rather than start a new character, you may want to consider a Character Advancement token instead. You could spend that same handful of dollars to take a new character of whatever powerset you wanted and CR Skip them forward, so you retain your level 22 in case you ever want to try Atomic again, but you get yourself a nice high level character of whatever set you're wanting to play as.

Power Change tokens used to be really useful for those of us who didn't want to re-grind 200+ skill points, but now that skill points can be unlocked through Replay Badges, and Artifact leveling seems to be the biggest hurdle to advancing a character (with different powersets benefiting from different artifacts), power change tokens are seldom that useful. Even if I converted my Nature Character into Earth, my Healing Artifacts would be useless and my Tank artifacts would be starting at ground zero. These days, I'd probably just use a CR skip and advance another character rather than power changing if I was adamant about switching my main.