Elastic Powerset

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Mobius Twist, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Mobius Twist Active Player

I am not holding my breath on this, which is why I'm posting it in Discussion and not Developer, but I think we need a good elastic powerset.

I think the trick to making this work is for them to NOT worry about it looking 'realistic', but jumping into the deep end of the pool, feet first.

I'd go DPS/Tank. The pulls would be arms stretching out to grab and pull back. Bubbles would be transforming into an egg or beach-ball shape. I do think it quite doable seeing the work done on Hard Light. I'd even be tempted to recolor some of those effects and use them, like the big construct fist coming down as an AOE attack, etc.

Again, just wishful thinking. A Twist can dream, can't he? But yeah, not something I expect to see soon.
  2. hazard099 Active Player

i feel ya ive wanted a shape shifting/elastic powerset since 2011
  3. Jack-O-The-Green Well-Known Player

Same. For a supercharge, they could do a size change, like they do when you transform into the Spectre. I'd been thinking in terms of a troller power, but tank makes more sense.
  4. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

im automatically getting a visual of pterodactyl trinket being popped after clover bomb. lol.
  5. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

NICE...it was the whole "How do you take this power seriously?!" attitude that gave us Plastic Man!! A DC Guy...(DC owned now anyway)