Asking to be Excused is a GOOD thing, why vote NO?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dwild, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

The biggest reason is why make the team vote, since penalty is low. If a puggie has to be excused few things come across the team's minds:

1. Does person know that penalty is only a minute long now? Been this way in game for a long time. :confused:

2. If real life calling, then the player would be stepping away anyways, so why the vote. Maybe that player has something better to do and want to jump into that next thing right way. :mad:

3. Is the person just seeking attention? :rolleyes:

4. Taking a stand. After a wipe, occasionally person A and person B have a 'spirited debate' which strategy to use. Person B, takes a stand; 'try my way' or i'm outta here'. Maybe person B has a point, and group votes no excuse as a referendem of sorts. (rare)

5. If politeness, instead of vote, it's more polite to just type something in group chat and then bounce. :)
    • Like x 2
  2. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

sometimes if content is a little stressful it can get to us. if i'm in a situation where i know we can win hitting "no" when someone wants to be excused can equate to a little tough love. give it another try or two...see what happens.
    • Like x 2
  3. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

This is the "reciprocating middle finger" argument. If someone does something rude then they've kind of paid for a middle finger.
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I think you are all assigning way too much thought to most users. It used to be 'whoops I voted yes' when yes was the first answer. now it's 'whoops I voted no' since they flipped it a few years ago. People don't read....they hit that F1 or UP dpad and just click X or enter without reading things. Not that the other theories aren't also somewhat valid, but I think they are in the minority. I think most times people just don't read... vote 'NO'. They vote 'no' to excuse, then vote 'no' to reopen or inv someone else until someone types in chat 'VOTE YES'...or they don't vote at all, which will also fail an excuse request (whether the feature actually works or not) as it will not reach the majority required of 'yes' votes.

So for the OP's question....'Why vote NO?'....because people are used to button mashing and 'no' is the default. On the occasions that's not it, no...there is no good reason to hold someone hostage where they don't want to be. I always vote yes if someone wants to leave, unless I am personally proposing they stay and try an alternative tactic, like 2 tanks or people switching roles and asking for 'one more try'. If it's an request to leave not due to a bad run, but bad personalities (either going or staying), I say let them leave.

Reinheld
  5. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

If a person is polite enough to "ask" to be excused, just let them go. If not, chances are they'll just ditch a group the next time they have to leave causing a downward spiral of in -game etiquette. And if a person has spent the last few minutes swearing at everybody and then wants out... I probably would have voted to kick them out before they had the chance to ask to be excused.

Though I agree with what someone pointed out earlier, sometimes these notifications pop up so suddenly, while you're in the middle of doing your attacks, that before you know it, you've accidentally voted "no". I know I've accidentally done that for a vote to re-open an instance.

The only times I have a problem with a person leaving are in duos (which has happened to me... the player came in and got a feat he / she needed and then bounced less than halfway through the duo) or in situations like the Metal 1: Batcave Breach alert, when you need four players to turn the switches to progress. That actually happened last night... dude left the alert right when we needed to turn the switches. You couldn't stay 30 more seconds and then leave after the switches were turned? We had to disband after that.
  6. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Honetly with the deserter time now down to 2 minutes I really don't see why this option is needed much any more.

Hey of you need to leave for Real Life chances are you will be completely off line a lot longer that that puny little penalty anyway so just GO. LOL

If the team your on is struggling and you hate things that much why not just leave? plenty of other players do it and like I said 120 seconds of penalty will be gone in no time at all.

Same with wanting to quit one team because friends or league mates have another team and just PMed you asking you to join them. If they are still build ing that new team your penalty will be done quick anyway.. and IF they are mid mission and need you TANKING ability or HEALING ability.. I am sure they can wait 2 minutes to get your services.
    • Like x 2
  7. Zamara Dedicated Player

Had someone get mad at the group because we voted YES when he started a vote to be excused during an alert, two of us voted yes, it didn't even go through and he was like "WHY DID YOU VOTE YES?" "I PRESSED IT ON ACCIDENT" "I WAS TRYING TO INSPECT MYSELF" "WHY DO YOU WANT TO KICK ME" "I'M TOP DPS" (Yes he kept everything on caps) and he would just pause every chance he had to bring it up even though we all tried to explain to him that excusing isn't the same as kicking and that it was normally used when you wanted to leave.