[US PC] Alert an Raid Queues from t5 to t8 not popping

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Yvtq8k3n The 7, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

I would like finish some sets, like nuclear, norsement, quikstryke, but heck even atlantis and JLD(elite) raids are a struggle to queue. Some queues can take up to 4 hours to pop. Worst i do my dailys starting from atlantis up to Metal dlc and none of the old queues pop. Most people that need these raids either have no ideia lfg exists or they give up.
    • Like x 3
  2. OG ELITE Committed Player

I feel your pain. I run 32 characters all at various levels and I’ve been working on a one recently and it’s been hell getting into low level content. I generally que every raid I’m able to run at once and just start doing dailies in hopes it’ll eventually pop.
  3. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Hrmmm, has anyone considered an unofficial "official" channel? Like setup a tab for "LFG Classic", kinda like Feat Hunters or 5v5 - because it would be nice to have a dedicated "older content" LFG lookup channel, and we've got the in-game tools. The power is ours! Or something.
  4. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

Mmmmm... it's already like that on the Nintendo Switch as well.

The game only became available in August, but hardly anyone blind ques for older content.

There's the option to form a group, but that just takes forever... especially for raids. By the time you get your 8th person, the first few have already dropped out.

Oh well...
  5. Irvynnge Loyal Player

you wanna try the EUPS, mate. if it ain't the last couple of tiers, it is stone dead. stone. cold. took me thirteen ( or was it fifteen? ) weeks to get in to the Inner Sanctum. this is a problem right across the game. the devs are aware of it, it's a complaint that keeps popping up on the forum, & I wish they would address it, but they seem either unable or unwilling to do anything about it ( I suspect the work involved in sorting the problem out would be hugely time consuming & they don't have the staff they used to have, so their resources / attention is limited ). & the only "advice" you ever get is the same old same old " form your own group! " or " join a league! " it has long been a complaint / issue with me that I am renting huge swathes of this game that I simply cannot play.
  6. Brit Loyal Player

I took a break from Blackest Night until Titans, so I was in a similar situation when I returned trying to complete the old styles. I play about 2-3 hours per day, and I perpetually queued for all raids that had styles I needed. I primarily do not play during the primetime hours, working a night shift job and playing starting around 8am for a few hours in the morning.

Over the course of about the past 6 months, I completed each of those raid styles that the original poster mentioned. I am in complete agreement that those raids do not pop as quickly as the newest content, but they do still consistently pop here and there. I didn't clear them all every week. Heck, some like Prison Break we wouldn't finish even when we did get a queue. But ultimately, I would always get at least 2-3 random raids in per week on top of the newest content.

I think it would be a bit unrealistic to expect an equal pop rate to the newest stuff. Simply put, once players complete what they need, there is just not a reason to return. That "build a group" mantra is moreso useful because many of the people who are still interested in running it are interested in running it to get some elusive feat. I've got no need to run Darkseid's War Factory ever again, for example, unless we're actually going to complete the Omega Sanctions feat and not have everybody handing it off to Superman.

On the flip side, the original poster did mention the lack of blind queue working in JLD Elite. I have had miserable, awful, terrible luck with blind queues for Elite content. Most of the time, the group I get is comprised at least 50% by players who simply queued everything and have never actually run the Normal version, let alone the Elite. I'm happy to explain mechanics and try to help them through, because it benefits all of us to actually finish it, but when you're running Elite content with players who do not have the Elite content mindset (for example, just being willing to block, being cautious to avoid KOs, and making sure to do pick-ups) it trends towards repeated and frustrating failures until disbanding. I've only completed 2 of the Elite styles sets for old content (Enhanced Herald of the Black and Elite Fallen God). Blind queuing of Elites at any level is not likely to produce great results, and even if it pops, you're still better off trying to build a group yourself with players who are willing to communicate. That's nothing to do with the queue times though and everything to do with the difficulty level of Elites; not everyone who hits "queue all" realizes what it is that they were signing up for.
  7. Darth Piper Loyal Player

And then to top it all off... when you finally do get into one of those raids at least half of the people have no clue about any of the mechanics in that raid or are in no way, shape, or form even close to being prepared for what they are about to encounter:
    • Do not break out when stunned in the Darkseid fight of DWF and they never listen
    • Kill the phoenix first in GOM 2nd boss
    • Get in a straight line from Wonder Woman/Circe to Typhon in GOM last boss
    • Get past the room with the 4 terminals in Prison Break
    • Get past the pair of security terminals in Brainiac's Bottle Ship
    • Run the mists in Blackest Night 1st boss
    • "Hey, DPSes... don't do anything until Nekron is vulnerable" at Blackest Night last boss
    • "Do we have 2 tanks to separate Essence of War from Ares?" for Throne of the Dead first boss
    • "Everyone put your pets away. Nobody but a tank should attack Essence," in TotD first boss
    • "Hey, kill that shield drone that's following Granny," in Happiness Home.
    And then there's everyone's favorite alert, Fatal Exams... which requires a lot of teamwork and communication to finish... but nobody wants to do that.
  8. djcrossfade Committed Player

Ya the devs killed the game with the gambling bull. Sop
  9. Awsome Well-Known Player

I had (what I think) is a great idea on how to fix this issue. Just none of the devs seem to agree (or respond).
    I think they should add a system in the game called Syndication. It works like this:

Group all old content into syndicated episodes (every time a new full episode comes out, the episode that gets transformed to source marks will go into syndication). Full episodes that contain a warfront, several raids and an alert or duo will obviously go together (Earth 3 for example), and any that don’t include all of that can be combined (for example Wayne Manor and Iceberg Lounge). Episodes that did not raise your combat rating will be excluded (episodes like Death of Superman or Last Laugh). Raids, alerts, Duos, and challenges that are not part of an episode will be grouped together in a way to help tell a story (for example, Watchtower and area 51 can be grouped with Outer and Inner caverns). Each syndicated episode would run for two weeks before moving on to the next episode.

The event tab will now be sectioned off into 4 categories: Legends PVE event, Current Episode events, Syndicated episode, and other (which will include stabilizer duo, seasonal, and anything else you want). (This will help clean up the event tab).

Each Syndicated episode will now include a whole new list of feats (not a significant amount of feats, maybe add 2-3 more per raid, duo alert etc.), and can also allow the player to get old feats as well. Vendors will include new collections, base items, and possibly new styles, to go along with the old styles that some players are missing. Also, a Syndication vendor will sell OP items and specialty armor (armor that you may want instead of the cookie cutter stuff you get for new episodes, like stats that help you run more efficiently as a battle Troller, or special effects for a tank or healer, for example).

The drops in a syndication would be equal to the current episode. For example, if you are running the event version of the syndicated episode, you would get gear in the style that exists in that particular raid or alert, but the CR would be something like 10-230 (I think that is the current event level gear). If you are running the end game version, it would be something like 10-243 (again I think that is current end game level gear). This would be a good place to drop some random styles that don’t fit any particular episode or theme (like some sports styles, or and 80s styles).

Like all raids, currency would be a big part of Syndication. Players will earn one mark of the most current currency for the final boss fight, the standard amount of source marks for all boss fights, and syndication marks equal to the amount of source marks (as it is currently).

If the player does not meet the CR of the Syndicated episode, they will be stat clamped up to the lowest CR required. If they are above the maximum allowed to earn marks, they will be stat clamped down to the max level. If they are in between, they would not stat clamp. Warfronts will work the same way. As is currently, players will not be able to enter warfronts in which their CR is too low, unless that warfront is part of the current syndicated episode.

Vendors will still sell whatever they currently sell in that episode, however, new base items, and collection items. A new vendor will exist that sells the OP items, and specialty armor.

Doing all of this will solve the issue of allowing new players and returning players to play through all the amazing content, and making everything relevant again. Old players will need to run through everything for new feats, earn old feats, and earn op/specialty gear.
    • Like x 1