Wonder Woman updated models

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kuno, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Kuno Loyal Player

I love the new WW model costume but I think her head is too big and could use a facelift to make her look better. Her features are too rough, she looks a bit weird compared to Zatanna's face. Like its out of proportion, her shoulders and chest are too small compared to the head and the hips / legs.
    She is the female face of the game, the female of DC trinity but it seems like the updated model was rushed, Starfire and Zatanna look way better than her, being WW the most important and prominent female of DC / DCUO.
    That being said, does anyone knows if the Bombshell Wonder Woman model and the Impassionated Wonder Woman model have been updated too?
    I love Bombshell WW, her retro curvy body. Even the face but it belongs to the old original WW model, aybe she could have the new WW face for consistency between models of the same character. Same with Impassionated, probably she just needs the new head / hair. (Hopefully a tweaked one ^^).
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Zatanna was updated, maybe it was easier because they only needed to change the color and the emblem.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  2. Fuerza Fenix Level 30

I agree, while Superman, Batman and most of the new skins are good or really good Wonder Woman's new skin looks way too masculine, her jaw is thick and wide and her head seems too big and not because her hair but because the head size.

Also, I love Wonder Woman's hair and revamped Rebirth costume but Diana is, usually, sporting long hair and this hairstyle seems to be slightly shorter than her normal hairstyles. Im sure there are reasons behind this yet it feels odd that even the "long" hairstyle is actually longer and, somehow, more fitting than the one she is wearing.
    • Like x 4
  3. Eve YouTuber

I actually love the new Model. I didn't know they didn't change her in this raid. It's a shame, she would look so cool.
    But It's like with Nightwing, when he's possessed by Trigon, he still looks like the old model with red skin and horns.
    Then POOF when you free him he changes back to the new model. Like what??? :confused:
    Or in Gotham sewer, when you need to defend Batwoman from Phantom batfamily members, he still looks like his old self.
    idk if It's a case of not enough resources, but It's not really ethical in my opinion.
    • Like x 3
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I really can’t take to the new Wonder Woman. She just doesn’t look right to me. Her outfit is better than the original, but she just doesn’t look like Wonder Woman somehow. I wish we could get the old one back, but in the new costume.
    • Like x 4
  5. nawanda Loyal Player

A friend of mine casually referred to her as Wonderman last week, hard to argue. DC cast a beautiful woman in the role, I don’t see what was wrong with Wonder Woman being pretty in DCUO.
    • Like x 1
  6. Minie Well-Known Player

You know the ol' "Women are more than oBjECTs!" Argument.
    • Like x 1
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Which actually implies that pretty women can never be anything other than an object. Talk about an own goal, amirite? :D
    • Like x 1
  8. nawanda Loyal Player

I know the argument, but there’s a difference between appreciating an attractive woman and considering her an object. The fictitious character Wonder Woman is clearly not defined by her attractiveness or the extent to which men in that universe are attracted to her, but I’m making the aesthetic observation that the current DCUO iteration looks masculine and that I preferred it when she looked more feminine.

If DC cast a real life actor to play Wonder Woman who looked masculine, it wouldn’t be well received. Wonder Woman is an iconic character and there’s nothing demeaning or sexist about females being feminine, particularly in a fantasy world. I’m not saying all female characters in fiction have to be conventionally beautiful, but Wonder Woman has always been so.

On a similar tone there is talk of the next James Bond being a woman. That’s not equality. James Bond is a male character and should not be played by an woman any more than he should be portrayed by an 80 year old actor or a hunchback.
    • Like x 1
  9. Minie Well-Known Player

Perfectly said, and I agree 100%, But attraction (especially human attraction) is the most subjective and opinionated subject to debate about. Attraction is so subjective that it can't even be factually defined. With that being said, I liked the older WW model miles better but we shouldn't say or imply the current model is "Unattractive" without saying "IMO" because all it is.. is our opinion.
    • Like x 2
  10. nawanda Loyal Player

Fair point. I did use the word ‘pretty’ in my first post. I don’t think it’s debatable that her current face model has more masculine features than the previous one did, though. Her features are harder and more androgynous and her head is larger. Other people might find that more attractive, but regardless, they couldn’t argue that it is truer to historical or other canonical contemporary representations of the character. All of which begs the question: why was she made more masculine? Was it a form of statement? I don’t expect we shall ever know.
    • Like x 1
  11. Critical Massacre Committed Player

The new model has been bugging me too, I’m glad somebody finally said something. She’s like almost right, there’s just something slightly off, like her nose or something just doesn’t seem to fit right. And I agree the other new models don’t seem to have this problem, it’s just her.
    • Like x 1
  12. Minie Well-Known Player

I "WONDER" that too :p
    But seriously, the new model's skin is a downgrade in my opinion. Out of all the original 3 models (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman) Wonder Woman was my favorite skin wise. I think they wanted to go against the grain and switch it up, it's just hard to when most of us saw Wonder Woman as that beautiful , strong, courageous character since the game launched, now she's in most of our eyes "masculine", I mean hell, she has a more defined/chiseled jawline than Zeus almighty himself in the clouds. I digress.
    • Like x 1
  13. Proxystar #Perception

With that being said I do however think it's also fair to say "stereotypical beauty" does exist in the sense that some women and men for that matter, are just beautiful, they're blessed with great genes and outside of absurd rare individuals it would be fair to say "all people would find them beautiful"

That is the type of steretypical beauty wonder woman is, in fact I'd almost go as far as saying almost all female super heroes fall into this category.

Female heroes in my opinion are a celebration if strength maintained with beauty, I've always seen them as a "screw you Im just as good as you and im beautuful!"

Whether or not male audiences objectify them is probably besides the point, I can tell you as a fact Male heroes are actually equally objectified and to some degree that's almost too be expected, these heroes are the objects of our fantasies, they're the perfect reincarnations of everything fans often desire. Of course objectification can go too far of course and objectifying a fictional character doesn't ever make it right to objectify humans...

That point aside as well i do find the new wonder woman NPC to be too masculine in the face for my liking, now that isn't to say masculine features are bad, just that they're never what im subjectively seeking in a female super hero, that's certainly the subjective angle.

The new wonder woman also isn't bad artwork, it's good art work, it's just not the feminine wonder woman many expect.

I think it's probably the head shape, eyes, eye brows, strong jaw line etc. that give it that masculine appearance.

Again I don't have an issue with the art bit subjectively it's not my favourite reincarnation of wonder women for various reasons, but that doesn't make it awful. I think a lot of legitimate time, effort and artistic love went into its creation and I think that's always important and I thank the artist for that.
    • Like x 2
  14. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

about to reply much the same...how many gay clubs would throw a typical male comic hero out for lack of hotness??...fact is both genders of heroes are very objectified in comics and the skin tight costumes never hid much if you really thought about it...just part of the silliness of it all...even if supers really did exist...id doubt theyd be half as pretty as usually portrayed...but i would bet theyd wear more pants...
    • Like x 3
  15. Themyscyran New Player

How can facial features be masculine or feminine? A woman's face is a woman's face... a man's face is a man's face. Features being associated with one gender or the other is completely arbitrary and as evidenced in this thread, entirely subjective. Not to mention, extremely weird. Really ask yourself... what about a particular feature or set of features makes it masculine or feminine? Larger, more prominent features are inherently masculine and the opposite is true? That just doesn't jibe with reality! Look around you! Really look at the actresses you find beautiful, even. The majority don't have tiny features, and many probably have "masculine" features too!
    (The whole idea is also just wildly sexist AND racist, but we're probably not ready for those conversations on the DCUO forums lol.)

You can make the argument, "they're superheroes! They all need to look perfect and beautiful and uninteresting!" And to an extent, I agree - they can all be generally attractive (so as not to be distracted by their features) because they're larger-than-life and completely fictional! But I think playing the game of "well, x feature/combination of features is unattractive to me" isn't about them "looking like a superhero" it's about the characters being attractive to you specifically... I don't go around demanding characters be redesigned so I can find them attractive. Why do some of you...

Diana is an Amazon princess and a goddess! Of course she can be beautiful. She should be! But beauty isn't just "smooth, skin like porcelain, extremely white, blue-eyed, tiny button nose, smooth jaw, plump red lips and perfectly made up at all times."

Idk. Personally I don't mind them being more interesting-looking. All of them shouldn't have Sameface Syndrome, male or female. If you don't like Wonder Woman's nose, or her jawline, or prefer her to look like a porcelain doll... I don't know what to tell you. Get used to it I guess?

If we want the characters to look more realistic, they're going to have flaws (real or perceived). I just ask everyone in this thread to expand their ideas of beauty... and also realize "attractiveness to me, personally" =/= beauty. And ask yourself why immediately any feature you find unappealing on a woman immediately is connected to manliness.... some of you are really revealing some very ugly prejudices.

A woman who had similar features to the in-game model of Wonder Woman currently would be very beautiful in my opinion. But I found her old design awful (Circe's too for that matter) and her face was the worst part... I don't think we need EXTREME realism, but wow, those old models weren't even trying to look like anything human woman.
  16. Great Architect Loyal Player

Well, basically, the role of a woman in life is not for you to find her attractive. She has her own things to do, and they rarely include the opinions of random strangers.
    • Like x 2
  17. Critical Massacre Committed Player

This thread has become ridiculous. I’m pretty sure the new model was based off of Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman and in doing so they just got a few things wrong that need some adjustment. We are talking about the developers ability to follow source material, not some philosophical debate on what is considered pretty and what Wonder Woman’s role in the world is or isn’t. That’s a fine argument to have but that’s obviously not the concern the creator of the thread had when the wrote it.
  18. Great Architect Loyal Player

No. It is based off the current appearance of WoWo in the comics - as are all the recent remodels, to be in line with the DC properties they represent.

And if you think a thread has got ridiculous because it mentions that Wonder Woman's first and only requirement might *not* to be attractive, then I'm afraid your ridiculousness parser is broken.

What the creator of the thread intended is not necessarily what other people have made it, and some of those attitudes need to be answered.
  19. Great Architect Loyal Player

You're not showing and of the current WoWo models there, only the Bombshell ones.
  20. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

Both men and woman are objectified I agree, but the equivocation is not apt at all. Luckily neither gender details the nether regions (thankfully, I personally don't wanna know the size of Batmans Junk, it's probably really small, would make a lot of sense;) ). But male characters are rarely shown below the waist unless it's a necessary action shot or whatever and other than a few characters who have become gay icons for whatever reason the male buttocks is almost never drawn. Comparatively female characters are far more likely to be shown from the waist down and/or shown with poses that accentuate the buttocks or the bust. Male characters are objectified for their masculinity, female characters are objectified by their femininity (nothing wrong with that) but are far more likely to be sexualised (by focusing on sexual features) than men.

I also must disagree with stereotypical beauty. If we take real life examples, Emma Watson & Emma Stone. There are many people who find both of them attractive, there are many who find one but not the other attractive and there are many people who will act like they aint got nothing on Sofia Vergara:rolleyes:. Attractiveness is really subjective and also very much down to context. Working class beauty is not the same as middle class beauty just as different races & cultures find different things attractive. I remember a time when I was growing up were big butts were considered unappealing and unattractive and woman actively attempted to obtain the ironing board look that is so lampooned nowadays, how times have changed.
    • Like x 1